Free dry cleaning(which I'd love)
House cleaning daily
10 free massages

10 days at other Hyatts in Thailand

I'd love to live at a hotel with all the amenities and cleaning every day

Only thing is if only the regular Club access room a bit small
I'd be fine if was the bigger Club Deluxe room with sofa

do ron

It does look tempting , when i visited Thailand in my earlier years i always used to avail of a monthly deal in the same hotel generally in Phuket or Pattaya . A lot of expats too ' live ' in hotels .

I'm a Construction Manger by profession and one 6 month contract i had was refurbishing an occupied budget hotel at an airport . I was required to get there early on a Monday morning stay overnight during the week and leave Friday mid afternoon home for the weekend . Initially i couldn't wait at the prospect of living in a hotel but it wore thin after the first couple of months . Same food on the menu ,no cooking facilities , no leisure facilities , looking at other people going on holiday day in day out . Granted this place and The Hyatt is like chalk and cheese .

There does seem to be a market though for hotel style living New build apartments geared to younger generation / 1 st time buyers are modelled like hotels. Small square rooms / concierge / in house gym / long identical corridors with risers at end .

MarcTwoSix

^ When I moved to Vancouver my firm put me up at the Marriott for 4 months
It was a nice Residence Inn so had a small kitchen and living room area

I loved it, especially the daily made service

I ate out as normal because was in downtown so food wasn't a factor

OZZYGUY

Not thinking at all
Just putting some Thai related content out there

I'm stuck here for work for quite some time
We are too busy for any lengthy time off for the near future
I was joking...

I don't normally stay at the flash hotels mainly because I only use the room to sleep and leave my stuff.

But if I was living in the place for a year well I would defiantly look at something like that.

MarcTwoSix

I wonder if any other hotel chains are doing this sort of thing?
Oh I would imagine

I know a few places in Vancouver
The Bayshore Westin was and its a very nice hotel

In doubt covid will cooperate but I can WFH in Boston for 2 months

Hotels.com has long stays page where you put in your dates and hotels show you all kinds of bids per night (has to be 28 days or more)

Bacon

Administrator
I did it for a year and it was awesome. I'd jump at a chance to do it again if the opportunity comes along. Just makes sure the hotel has a bar and restaurant at a minimum. Mine in Shanghai had it's own entertainment complex, Olympic sized pool and gym, which I naturally never used, but it was there 555

Quarky

Administrator
I did it for a year and it was awesome. I'd jump at a chance to do it again if the opportunity comes along. Just makes sure the hotel has a bar and restaurant at a minimum. Mine in Shanghai had it's own entertainment complex, Olympic sized pool and gym, which I naturally never used, but it was there 555
Olympic size pool.... and you never used it?
You should be shot.. 55

Moo Uaon

Quite a few hotels in Pattaya are offering excellent monthly rates now, you just have to be able to get there 5555
That's it 555

Place i live in (in a tourist destination) goes for close to $300/night in summer but we've got it for $400/week :D

bacwaan

Quite a few hotels in Pattaya are offering excellent monthly rates now, you just have to be able to get there 5555
and get out..Pattaya is a Red Zone (Restricted Travel Area) arm....you have to Q there before you can leave

Rockitt

A yearly hotel deal in Patts would probably be cheaper than the Bangkok one.
But too many other things there to drain your wallet.

PeteGill

A yearly hotel deal in Patts would probably be cheaper than the Bangkok one.
But too many other things there to drain your wallet.
A good way to test your resolve 555
An ex BM lives or at leased lived in Jomtien for a few years. He was pretty stick with keeping to his budget. You would have to get the holiday mode out of your head pretty quickly.

Rockitt

A long stay hotel would be a great place for me at the moment. Having recently sold my house I am now living temporarily with my daughter, son in law, two young kids and two crazy dogs. The Covid situation is adding to the mayhem and finding a new place to stay at this time is difficult.
Covid has really thrown a spanner into the works and my plan of travelling around is on hold for now, at-least until things improve and travel restrictions are eased.