Long-term Travel Insurance

Quarky

Administrator
Bawdy;181691 said:
I am now getting Expat Travel Insurance adverts on my Facebook page, any connection to this thread?
Yes... adverts often seem to follow thread topics...

You want to see the adverts I get on the IS thread... 55

Hatari

Thailand Travel Shield - slow uptake - thought it would be more popular, but an option to consider

Bangkok Post 11 September 2014

Italian travellers are the largest group to have purchased online travel insurance from the Thailand Travel Shield campaign.

The campaign was initiated by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) in conjunction with Muang Thai Insurance, Chao Phaya Insurance, Siam City Insurance and Krungthai Panich Insurance to help tourists who cannot buy travel insurance from their own countries because the Kingdom is under martial law.

Within the first month of the campaign’s launch, 219 travellers from 44 countries had purchased insurance packages, for total earnings of 493,100 baht, according to TAT governor Thawatchai Arunyik. Seventy-two applicants were from Italy, followed by Australia (18) and Canada (16). Other customers are from Germany, New Zealand, Russia, the UK and the US.

“We are very encouraged by this result. It shows that the project is off to a good start,” Thawatchai said.

The online travel insurance offers instant coverage of up to 1 million baht for packages starting at 650 baht, and up to 2 million baht for packages starting at 1,100 baht. Periods of coverage range from one day to one year. It covers damages from accidents, trip cancellation, loss or damage of baggage or personal belongings and emergency hotel accommodation. Also offered is 24-hour emergency assistance, medical and travel assistance services, embassy referrals, weather and exchange rate information, luggage and passport assistance.

The insurance does not cover accidents while under the influence of alcohol, extreme sports, motorcycle riding or public brawls.

More info on Thailand Travel Shield