Long term visa extension - Phuket Immigration

Soupdragon

Just to confirm that you can do The Certificate of Residency at Patong Immigration prior to applying for a retirement visa/renewal. Should save time at Phuket Town unless like me you pick a day when the computer system has a glitch and can't print the damn Certificate and I get told to go to Phuket Town to do it grrrrrr

Thanks Dean that checklist is spot on.

bacwaan

^ I did my Retirement Visa renewal here in Samui today....no Certificate of Residency required..in fact he plucked out and handed back the letter (from the landlord saying I live at her address) from my file and waived it away..I was expecting I may have to take a form back to her for this and produce tabien baan papers etc as Deano had done before my visa was processed

Odd thing though...he asked me to show him where I live on google earth (he pulled it up) and when I showed him he left the building with a nod and grunt then went for a smoke without noting it and midway through processing my application...they do things a little differently here on Samui....555

Moo Uaon

no letter of residency needed here in CM for visa extension either.

only time they are needed is for transfer of ownership of cars and bikes etc

Soupdragon

Am in Immigration now. Yesterday in Patong they entered my data of my residence. Today in Phuket Town they pulled up that data on the computer and they have me living at Suta House in Ranong when I actually live in Bang Tao.

I guess the girl doing data entry was multi tasking. :rolleyes:

Z

Zablive

Soupdragon;215365 said:
Am in Immigration now. Yesterday in Patong they entered my data of my residence. Today in Phuket Town they pulled up that data on the computer and they have me living at Suta House in Ranong when I actually live in Bang Tao.

I guess the girl doing data entry was multi tasking. :rolleyes:
Did Patong Immi give you a "Receipt of Notification of Alien's Address"?
Mine was stapled into the front of my passport.
So that's three things they've stapled in now - keep this up and we'll need a super-sized passport.

bacwaan

^ 555..yes the rear pages of my passport look like a pakapoo ticket....

letter of residency, arrival card and notification of report (90 day report paper) all stapled in there...and I have my landlady's business card whacked in there as well....555

Soupdragon

Zablive;215369 said:
Did Patong Immi give you a "Receipt of Notification of Alien's Address"?
No Baz the computer system in Patong accepted the data but couldn't for some reason produce a printout, I got that done at Phuket Town this morning where the error was picked up and corrected.

I didn't get the retirement visa renewal as now in addition to a letter from the bank confirming you have the right funds for 3 months, my fully updated bank books with copies of all the pages they now require 3 months bank statements which must be printed out by the bank, you can't do it yourself from online banking (another 100 baht charge). Not sure if I got told about this in the multiple conversations I have had about requirements but the volunteer told me it was another new requirement and details about it hadn't been published anywhere yet.

This seems OTT to me and by the time I had got the statements it was too late to get back to immigration and get processed this morning so I went home.

Will try again tomollow.

Z

Zablive

I get the bank to print-out and certify 12 months of statements back to the last renewal date, just in case.

I'm sure there will be some unpublished new "requirement" next time.

Sometimes I get this nagging suspicion that they want to push us to the agents so they can collect their wedge ...

Moo Uaon

i've always had to give them certified bank copies of the statements up here as well as the letter confirming the money has been there 3 months.

M

meese

Soupdragon;215379 said:
No Baz the computer system in Patong accepted the data but couldn't for some reason produce a printout, I got that done at Phuket Town this morning where the error was picked up and corrected.

I didn't get the retirement visa renewal as now in addition to a letter from the bank confirming you have the right funds for 3 months, my fully updated bank books with copies of all the pages they now require 3 months bank statements which must be printed out by the bank, you can't do it yourself from online banking (another 100 baht charge). Not sure if I got told about this in the multiple conversations I have had about requirements but the volunteer told me it was another new requirement and details about it hadn't been published anywhere yet.

This seems OTT to me and by the time I had got the statements it was too late to get back to immigration and get processed this morning so I went home.

Will try again tomollow.
thank goodness you got a bit of time on your hand..imagine how this would be playing out if you were working 5555.....any idea why this is so complicated..... tit???

Soupdragon

Moo Uaon;215381 said:
i've always had to give them certified bank copies of the statements up here as well as the letter confirming the money has been there 3 months.
OK I remember being told to get the bank books updated, maybe I just missed the bit about statements.

Soupdragon

meese;215382 said:
thank goodness you got a bit of time on your hand..imagine how this would be playing out if you were working 5555.....any idea why this is so complicated..... tit???
There does seem to be a lack of will to get efficient computer systems up and running.

I was chatting with another long term expat this morning and we calculated that over the years a small rain forest has had to die for us to provide the required number of photo copies for visas.

bacwaan

^ photocopies of bank book pages + the letter from the bank were enough here

I think HKT are just making sh!t up....555

Soupdragon

Gotta laugh at this. I am Immigration again and some Germans have placed a stool next to the door with a bag on it to keep their place in the queue and gone off for breakfast.

EDIT
All the Germans got knocked back as did 4 Americans for the same reason as me yesterday. Clearly this requirement is not being communicated effectively.

Still that bumped me up to number 3 to be processed :cool:

M

meese

still not sorted bernie????....how much longer is this going to take. 555555...

M

meese

at least its keeping you out of mischief 55555....i honestly dont think i could cope with these levels of inefficiency ... and i live in africa 5555

dave01

all the doubling up you guys do for extensions, by that I mean, multi trips to immi to get one job done, makes me think, the 300 (odd US) for a year in Cambo is a pretty decent deal.... I am not sure my patience would extend as far as some of u fellas.... just thinking out loud...