Long term visa extension - Phuket Immigration

Z

Zablive

dave01;215529 said:
all the doubling up you guys do for extensions, by that I mean, multi trips to immi to get one job done, makes me think, the 300 (odd US) for a year in Cambo is a pretty decent deal.... I am not sure my patience would extend as far as some of u fellas.... just thinking out loud...
If you live here you learn to chill somewhat.
This doesn't mean you like the inefficiencies but if you don't learn to live with it your high BP will kill you 555!
You can always buy a 5 year Elite visa for 500,000 baht ...

Moo Uaon

i always get mine done in one go...2-3 hours of my time and 1900 baht.

only go and get a re entry permit when i need it which has been once in the last 3 1/2 years @ 1000 baht.

dave01

Zablive;215532 said:
If you live here you learn to chill somewhat.
This doesn't mean you like the inefficiencies but if you don't learn to live with it your high BP will kill you 555!
You can always buy a 5 year Elite visa for 500,000 baht ...
I guess ya right.... I will have to make my mind up soon.....

I have read up on the EV.... it seems ok to me... OH and thanks for the concern Baz.... BP is fine 555

Soupdragon

Just to finish off when applying for the re-entry permit I found out that they no longer provide pens to complete the forms...... But they will sell you one. Nickel and dimed springs to mind. 55555

M

meese

its lucky you all retired..imagine having to try and sort out real problems 555555...

so no one would lend you a pen ???..very sad

Soupdragon

dave01;215538 said:
I guess ya right.... I will have to make my mind up soon.....

I have read up on the EV.... it seems ok to me... OH and thanks for the concern Baz.... BP is fine 555
It can be all done in a day, a full day mind, 8 am to 3.30 pm. I think my example has been extreme with a new rule change and systems failures combining to create a headache.

Chob

bacwaan;215415 said:
^ photocopies of bank book pages + the letter from the bank were enough here
^ Same as I needed a month back - but I have learnt to regularly update my book
Two years back I was sent off to photocopy the front of my atm card as well - never since

The special letter that Hkt uses to replace a TM 30 is certainly 'made up' - and it doesnt make sense as well!

Z

Zablive

Yes- they rejected the official TM 28 for Noi and TM 30 for me - filled out and signed.
Then substituted this incomprehensibly translated form printed on old paysheets!
Just as an aggravation so no-one "got it right".
Maybe the Colonel's wife/Mia Noi has the photocopy franchise

M

meese

so is it done yet Bernie..i cant keep holding my breath 55555555...