Mexico TR

Dupree

Tonight's the big Hartwood dinner. Rainman is excited. It's been on his mind for months. After last nights let down. Tonight he will get satisfaction. Before driving up that way we start off in town. We found a hip place with live music. Very well appointed joint. The band was playing a lot of cool covers from the Cure. After a couple we head out to the hip area. We park the car and browse a few places on the way to Hartwood. When we get there it's dark. Closed for the slow season..555 Too funny. We had a drink at I Scream Bar and headed back to town. Found another great taco joint. And we went home. Tomorrow we float the Mayan Canals.

Dupree

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sia...1kKHc4uDqsQ9C96BAgBEBg&biw=1280&bih=860&dpr=1

Today we go to Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. Great find by Paulie on this. There are some Mayan ruins to go through. Then you're in the jungle. A boardwalk trail to the beach where the boats are. Paulie hires a boat along with a nice couple from Austria. The lady reminded me of Crissie Hynde. and her Austrian accent made me quite randy..55 A ten minute boat ride across a lake to the wetlands. The Mayans carved out canals. we enter one and are let out at a dock. Put on your snorkel and life jacket and the current peacefully takes you away. The water was clear. Some areas were 10' feet deep. We just chatted away as we took in the sights. After maybe an hour we see our boat guy waiting for us with our foot wear. A walk back to the boat and back over the lake. then the sky opened up again. A rainy but warm walk back through the jungle. Great experience.

Moo Uaon

Dupree;372612 said:
Trail to boats
Menu
Ruins
Man...if that trail looked like that to you i'd say seek doctors advice immediately.!
or
get off the tequila with the grub at the bottom of the bottle 55

Dupree

Moo Uaon;372630 said:
Man...if that trail looked like that to you i'd say seek doctors advice immediately.!
or
get off the tequila with the grub at the bottom of the bottle 55
The jungle plays tricks with your mind.

Rockitt

Great T/R guys. Brought back many happy memories of my trips to that area. I spent most of my times in the Akumal beach area but I have been told that it has been spoilt by the building of a large ‘Secrets’ resort and the many tour boats seeking out the turtles.
BTW, a great website and forum for that area. Locogringo.com. A friendly site run by exPats to that area.http://forums.locogringo.com/forums/