Mexico TR

MarcTwoSix

I left Holbox yesterday to go to Tulum

I had originally planned to take 2 buses to get to Tulum which would take a total of 5hrs

But when I got off the ferry I decided to take a taxi for 2400baht that was 2hrs direct

When I got to Tulum it seemed so much busier than Holbox
The beach Rd is non-stop stream of cars in the daytime

So I was a bit bummed, wishing I was back in Holbox
I swear at one point cutting my losses and jumping in a taxi right back to Holbox 555

I am staying in a luxury tent right on beach rd
At 1st glance they are so cool
And it is huge!
Easily 400sq ft if not more
But even though it luxury there are still challenges

So added on to my Holbox blues and I was a bit bummed

One good thing about Tulum Beach Rd is you don't have to go more than 50metres away from your hotel to find a decent bar and good food

I found the bar! It's in front of my hotel!
I immediately met a guy from Toronto and then another nice couple and we all drank and chatted most of the night

One thing though if you want a nice meal you should plan to eat 1st
All the nice places close at 10pm
And once I start bullshitting and drinking 10pm comes fast!

So I had an average meal and went to bed

Another thing about the tent
You can hear everything
I'm a sound sleeper so that doesn't bother me
But I am sure the girls next to me didn't love me ripping huge farts this morning! 555

I woke up at 7am and was out of the hotel by 8am to walk to downtown and rent an E-bike

I rented the E-bike and went to my favorite morning taco place
Still fantastic

So I started to be happy that I was back in Tulum
One thing Tulum has over Holbox is there are so many more daytime activities to do in Tulum

I went cenote hopping.
I hit 4 of them and then headed to the beach

It's pretty cool swimming in the ocean in front of Ancient Ruins

This Mexican family of about 15 came and sat at the beach Shack I was sitting at
I could understand what they were saying
And basically they were going to have a beach party
The guy said he'd get them all kinds of seafood and ceviche
I really wanted to be part of their family today 555
It looked so easy and casual

So I shook the Holbox Blues and remembered that I really like Tulum!

And man, even though it's an E-Bike doing 24kms in a day is still a good workout!
My body is shot!

I am going to chill then head out and walk on the beach and check out the beach clubs

MarcTwoSix

One other thing
I'd say 80% of tourists are Spanish speaking
And I'd say a huge % of hot frigging girls!
God they are so sexy....

Especially in Tulum

MarcTwoSix

Quarky;426419 said:
Do you understand Spanish?
Yes I can understand it pretty decent to know what is going on
I pick up a lot of words

But more so if I am listening to people talk
If someone thinks I'm Spanish and starts talking directly to me fast then I am lost

Quarky

Administrator
Handy for watching shows like Narcos too.

What else about the tents didn't you like? I imagine your daily dumps were heard for miles?

Dupree

Did you watch videos on your phone like you did when I was trying to watch TV? Then complain because I turned the sound up? :)

Quarky

Administrator
Dupree;426426 said:
Did you watch videos on your phone like you did when I was trying to watch TV? Then complain because I turned the sound up? :)
Paul sounds like my mum... 55

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;426426 said:
Grandpa had the TV on 50

Plus who the fxuk watches TV

Use your phone like the rest of the world!

Dupree

MarcTwoSix;426432 said:
Grandpa had the TV on 50

Plus who the fxuk watches TV

Use your phone like the rest of the world!
Don't be rude. Use earphones when you share a room.

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;426438 said:
Don't be rude. Use earphones when you share a room.
Putting the TV on 50 to watch a movie on cable TV is ride

I was mostly reading and couldn't read because it was obscenely loud 555

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;426341 said:
Any links to the hotels you stayed at in Holbox

also you didn't like Cancun , where else would you stay if you wanted to get to Holbox easily ?
If you were interested in this area
I suggest doing Tulum then Holbox

Tulum has much more to do activity wise
I'm absolutely shot tonight at 9:30pm

So hit Tulum and do a bunch of daytime activities/trips
Then Holbox to chill

One thing I wanted to do in Holbox is fish tarpon
But it didn't seem you could just jump on a tour
More private chaters

But I basically just asked one dude who didn't understand what I wanted to do 5555
So I could also be wildly wrong about the above

Tomorrow I am waking up and driving 2hrs each way to check out Bacalar Mexico near Belize

I don't mind driving because I look at it as being on a tour and seeing the country

https://www.google.com/search?q=bac...H3DMQQ_AUoAXoECBoQAQ&biw=412&bih=678&dpr=2.63

MarcTwoSix

I'm on holiday having a blast

Wife's in the hospital(on her Bday too!)

I think she looks pretty damn good for being in the hospital!

PS....I think Thais throw people in the hospital over a case of the sniffles. So never get too concerned
But the comparison to me on holiday her in the hospital is not exactly the best look 555

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

supersub

Are they maybe over reacting because of Coronavirus? Hopefully it's nothing serious.

I've honestly never considered Mexico tbh or anywhere in that part of the world. The few times I've eaten Mexican food though I loved it, so wouldn't mind going to 'the source'.

Ian Forbes

MarcTwoSix;426448 said:
I'm on holiday having a blast

Wife's in the hospital(on her Bday too!)

I think she looks pretty damn good for being in the hospital!

PS....I think Thais throw people in the hospital over a case of the sniffles. So never get too concerned
But the comparison to me on holiday her in the hospital is not exactly the best look 555

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Lovely looking patient, but it never hurts to have things checked out. As SS says... "they maybe over reacting because of Coronavirus"

Dupree

supersub;426458 said:
Are they maybe over reacting because of Coronavirus? Hopefully it's nothing serious.

I've honestly never considered Mexico tbh or anywhere in that part of the world. The few times I've eaten Mexican food though I loved it, so wouldn't mind going to 'the source'.
Sometimes Mexican food in Mexico is crap. Especially in the tourist traps like the Senor Frogs chain. California has some good and some bad. I lived in Southern California in the 70s. I think their version is way better than Northern California. Particularly the cheese enchiladas. They used to be my favorite with rice and refried beans. Southern Cal makes them like a casserole. Baked with a manicotti texture. The ones in Northern California are lame. The best tacos I've had were in the town of Tulum. Maybe 25 pesos each. Chorito sausage is my favorite.

supersub

Dupree;426463 said:
Sometimes Mexican food in Mexico is crap. Especially in the tourist traps like the Senor Frogs chain. California has some good and some bad. I lived in Southern California in the 70s. I think their version is way better than Northern California. Particularly the cheese enchiladas. They used to be my favorite with rice and refried beans. Southern Cal makes them like a casserole. Baked with a manicotti texture. The ones in Northern California are lame. The best tacos I've had were in the town of Tulum. Maybe 25 pesos each. Chorito sausage is my favorite.

I love enchiladas. Are churros really Mexican or are they a western invention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;426463 said:
The tacos in town are way less than 25 pesos

I ate at the morning place we went to yesterday
For tacos and a water were 60 pesos total