Minder is in Bangkok.....is anyone else?

MarcTwoSix

Cuzzy;307452 said:
I'm up in Nakhon Nowhere at the moment and apart from black and white adorning Government establishments there isn't much celebrating his life apart from what was already on display.
Same in Samui
I was just our briefly last night and can't recall if I seen anyone wearing black, aside from Bacwaan but he always wear black 555

Minder

In Melbourne in the 70's that was referred to as having "the dress sense of a blind Italian widow"

Moo Uaon

MarcTwoSix;307616 said:
Same in Samui
I was just our briefly last night and can't recall if I seen anyone wearing black, aside from Bacwaan but he always wear black 555
You'd think he'd don a black bow tie or something so as to be seen as making an effort. ..tch!

Cuzzy

We were in Chumphae this morning. All the staff in the Tesco mall are in black.

Privately owned businesses in town seem to be a bit random with it.

Minder

Back on the ground in Bangkok and wearing black has certainly moved from mandatory to optional for the general population. I'd even go so far as to say it is now the exception rather than the rule it was in November last year.

I will be there in two weeks time Minder and I will have my black jocks on, at least for a little while.

Hatari

Tha Mai, government workers, teachers still in black; otherwise there is still more black than usual among people out and about, maybe just getting use/wear out of clothes bought late last year.
Note some black is also screen printed with Kung Fu Panda, Mickey Mouse... it's the thought that counts
When in Bangkok two weeks ago was met by people all in black, maybe more appropriate for formal occasions
MsH's office has cut back to two days per week for black polo shirts but seems quite relaxed, she's been wearing ones i brought back from NZ, Wellington provincial colours black with yellow trim ... and with small "Proudly NZ Owned" embroidered logo...
Met an English teacher at city Tesco, early 20s she had quite the goth look about her, stylish/trendy black clothes

Minder

In town for the week....having a night on Sukhumvit tonight.....I doubt I'll get to Cowboy but even I wouldn't take that bet....

Minder

Sky bar at the Marriott on Soi 57 Sukhumvit... 350 baht for a glass of Heineken.....but hard to say it is not worth it....

Quarky

Administrator
Minder, Do you remember The Dubliner Pub on Sukhumvit Road near the old Washington Square? There is a Dinosaur Park now. Do you know if The Dubliner was moved somewhere else? Used to like going there.

Buksida

The Dubliner moved to Sukhumvit 33/1 and then closed down in 2016. It has been remodeled and reopened as Herrity's. I don't know if it the present ownership are still remnants of the boiler room guys.

Will be home wishing the daughter a happy fifth birthday.
Have a blast in Bangkok Minder.