Money Requests.

Minder

MarcTwoSix;422295 said:
I'd honestly let them take the house
Doesn't matter who they are that 30k isn't my issue
And if someone got in the whole 30k on their house they did something very stupid or negligent to get there and they'd never pay you back

I consider emergencies something someone couldn't prevent
I am with M26 on this one.
Tough love approach needed to protect yourself long term.

Once the house is gone it's gone, bail them out and you will spend your days just waiting for it to happen again.

OzzyDamo

OZZYGUY;422189 said:
I think a lot of the people (not all) that constantly get asked for money are the ones that show off on Facebook posting photos of shopping, expensive cars, houses etc. The people at the other end think they are loaded so would ask for money.
me now with my c200 my12' lol
feel like ferkin danny craig'

OzzyDamo

OZZYGUY;422191 said:
I wasnt suggesting it was you.

So many people that win money blow it they should make people that win have some sort of adviser that helps them invest or something.

Was a Aboriginal lady in Perth that won a packet, same thing lost the lot. Gave most away to free loaders
communist cultures has no understanding of capital-is an anathema .

Ian Forbes

I met a man last night who sets himself up as a "victim" so he will have something to complain about. I only know his background because my long time Ozzy friends told me about all the "situations" he got himself in. His current lady who he has spent a lot of money on, physically attacks him.

These people set up a situation that can't help to fail, and when it does they complain how hard done they are. My brother is a bit like that and it has killed any closeness we once had. My older sister is/was a bit like that and they have a lot of money. There are many women who continually marry or get involved with physically abusive men.

Cippy

Ian Forbes;422350 said:
I met a man last night who sets himself up as a "victim" so he will have something to complain about. I only know his background because my long time Ozzy friends told me about all the "situations" he got himself in. His current lady who he has spent a lot of money on, physically attacks him.

These people set up a situation that can't help to fail, and when it does they complain how hard done they are. My brother is a bit like that and it has killed any closeness we once had. My older sister is/was a bit like that and they have a lot of money. There are many women who continually marry or get involved with physically abusive men.
My Mil, oei. Since she destroyed her marriage with one of the greatest men I have ever met in the village she has has two boyfriends. They both punched her in the face. One gave her stitches over the eye and the other, a neighbor and pretty much a replacement for he ex-Husband (like she finally realized what she lost) just gave her a black eye just a few days ago to make my wife's Christmas a little stressful. She no doubt instigates and is infuriating, even to me at times, but never an excuse IMHO.

Her son took her in, he has the family home now (although in my wife's name). Only problem is the Aunties on both sides of her make life real uncomfortable when she stays in her sons home. If I were there I would give them a what for even if they didn't understand me. My wife was horrified when I started doing this to anyone I felt deserved it. She, of course, has to explain afterword which was the worst part for her. But now she welcomes it. Its an excuse for her to confront while laying the blame on the crazy farang. I selfishly was thinking great, now she will need support again. Getting a job is out of the question unless there is one in the village for her.

Funny, lots of "crazy farang" stories come out of the village and at first I agreed with them. But know I know why these guys have acted the way the have. Like a Dutch guy who lives there part time didn't let anyone hold his baby. I thought that was strange until I had a kid and even people who nobody knows feels free to pick up your kid. 555

MarcTwoSix

Cippy;422354 said:
My Mil, oei. Since she destroyed her marriage with one of the greatest men I have ever met in the village she has has two boyfriends. They both punched her in the face. One gave her stitches over the eye and the other, a neighbor and pretty much a replacement for he ex-Husband (like she finally realized what she lost) just gave her a black eye just a few days ago to make my wife's Christmas a little stressful. She no doubt instigates and is infuriating, even to me at times, but never an excuse IMHO.

Her son took her in, he has the family home now (although in my wife's name). Only problem is the Aunties on both sides of her make life real uncomfortable when she stays in her sons home. If I were there I would give them a what for even if they didn't understand me. My wife was horrified when I started doing this to anyone I felt deserved it. She, of course, has to explain afterword which was the worst part for her. But now she welcomes it. Its an excuse for her to confront while laying the blame on the crazy farang. I selfishly was thinking great, now she will need support again. Getting a job is out of the question unless there is one in the village for her.

Funny, lots of "crazy farang" stories come out of the village and at first I agreed with them. But know I know why these guys have acted the way the have. Like a Dutch guy who lives there part time didn't let anyone hold his baby. I thought that was strange until I had a kid and even people who nobody knows feels free to pick up your kid. 555
I've set my life up to have no drama, or the least possible
I hate drama and I resent when it is put on me

With the exception of being too strict with my stepson, my MIL doesn't drink, doesn't gamble
She literally takes care of babies(and makes her money) and once in a while goes with her friends on a trip to the temples
Her only fault is she favors her sons over her daughter who provides most of everything for her

So it was never hard for me to say no or to voice my opinion to Ao
Although I love my wife's family and will always help in emergencies
I simply don't care what they think of me or what her friends think of me and the decisions I make for our life
I think I am there when legitimately needed

My MIL needed eye surgery for cataracts
Her brothers make more than your average factory worker
To get it done at a proper place was 40k baht
I said I would pay half and the brothers come up with other half
I am sure they feel I can afford the whole 40k but it's their mom
They need to chip in

OZZYGUY

Had heaps of friend requests lately on Facebook, females of coarse and all deleted.

Anyone getting them?

Ian Forbes

OZZYGUY;433885 said:
Had heaps of friend requests lately on Facebook, females of coarse and all deleted.

Anyone getting them?
I have a select few people that I help, but in these tough times for the working poor in Thailand it is really bad. We've all seen and experienced the ones who have ALWAYS abused the poor me, poor me syndrome. I enjoy helping with what I can afford, but I don't let myself be manipulated. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice then shame on me.

Dupree

Ian Forbes;433888 said:
I have a select few people that I help, but in these tough times for the working poor in Thailand it is really bad. We've all seen and experienced the ones who have ALWAYS abused the poor me, poor me syndrome. I enjoy helping with what I can afford, but I don't let myself be manipulated. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice then I dismember your body and feed it to the wolves.
Fixed it..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OZZYGUY

Ian Forbes;433888 said:
I have a select few people that I help, but in these tough times for the working poor in Thailand it is really bad. We've all seen and experienced the ones who have ALWAYS abused the poor me, poor me syndrome. I enjoy helping with what I can afford, but I don't let myself be manipulated. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice then shame on me.
These are not girls I know, or have any mutual FB friends, just scammers

Ian Forbes

Dupree;433892 said:
Fixed it..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Not enough wolves around here, but there are other scavengers. I prefer crab traps in deep water. No more room in my garden plots. I've currently got enough bodies filling up my large deep freezer.