My Dirty Valentine

Minder

Tingtong;209785 said:
Nice one. When they build the new airport at Badgery's Creek here in Syd ....
Bawdy;209789 said:
^ Gee, that's been going on for years ...
It was 1986 when the Badgery's Creek location for the new Sydney airport was first considered ... Bob Hawke was PM

Enjoy...

C

Changone

Curfews...pfft.. you don't know how lucky you have it here.
I lived in South London a while back and the planes line up in three minute intervals all day and most of the night. You can usually see (And hear) at least three in a row waiting to land. Have you ever watched a UK tv show set in London? There is always a jet whine in the background.

One Sunday, things felt strange, an eerie quiet fell over the area.
What was wrong...! "Queens birthday mate...No flights near Buckingham Palace today....".

Tingtong

My last flight into Syd we couldn't land until time went onto the next hour. The Pilot said the can only land 20 planes an hour so number 21 had too wait.

BTW anyone been watching on SBS "toughest place to be a Pilot" amazing show about English Pilots in Indonesia flying small planes around Indo and New Guinea.

C

Changone

Tingtong;209812 said:
My last flight into Syd we couldn't land until time went onto the next hour. The Pilot said the can only land 20 planes an hour so number 21 had too wait.

BTW anyone been watching on SBS "toughest place to be a Pilot" amazing show about English Pilots in Indonesia flying small planes around Indo and New Guinea.
Absoultely love that stuff. Have you seen the landing strip they use in Nepal for the Everest treks?
It would beat any thrill ride I ever saw.

Tingtong

Changone;209816 said:
Absoultely love that stuff. Have you seen the landing strip they use in Nepal for the Everest treks?
No I haven't seen that one, but some of the Indonesian Island Strips are insane. Basically a dirt track on a mountain. Nerves of steel those pilots.
Yep sorry about thread hijack.

Tingtong

Changone;209816 said:
No I haven't seen that one, but some of the Indonesian Island Strips are insane. Basically a dirt track on a mountain. Nerves of steel those pilots.
Yep sorry about thread hijack.