Nakhon Ratchasima hotel?

MarcTwoSix

Does anyone know this area well? I believe it is part/near Korat?

Would you know of a good hotel near Suranaree University?

Thanks

RakThai

Does anyone know this area well? I believe it is part/near Korat?

Would you know of a good hotel near Suranaree University?

Thanks
Nakhon Ratchasima is the official name of Korat, both the city and the province..
Like Ao is not called Ao on her ID-cart, just everyone calls her that...

RakThai

Did not know that!

So do you know of any good hotels?
Hmm.. I don't stay in your kind of hotels.. 555

Besides, Suranaree University (just looked it up) is about 10 km outside Korat, in what looks like the middle of nowhere...
Never been around there and by the looks of it, very little around there except a large campus.

MarcTwoSix

Well it's 2 TG's heading there for an emergency, so don't think too picky unfortunately

Although my wife is still pretty high-so 555

RakThai

Well it's 2 TG's heading there for an emergency, so don't think too picky unfortunately

Although my wife is still pretty high-so 555
They go there by car?

Just had a look for you; there is 2 hotels on the university grounds, but both look very basic..
This hotel is about 1 km of campus, but plenty of restaurants around and looks nice and quiet.. Thorfun Guesthouse in the Garden

If they want to stay in town, I like the area just north of the "old town", in the direction of the other university..
That area is nice with many restaurants, pubs and bars.. I would go to that area first and then have a look around..

MarcTwoSix

They go there by car?

Just had a look for you; there is 2 hotels on the university grounds, but both look very basic..
This hotel is about 1 km of campus, but plenty of restaurants around and looks nice and quiet.. Thorfun Guesthouse in the Garden

If they want to stay in town, I like the area just north of the "old town", in the direction of the other university..
That area is nice with many restaurants, pubs and bars.. I would go to that area first and then have a look around..
I just had sent Ao that hotel then you recommend it
It's 8mins away from the hospital

Unfortunately Ao's niece seems to have fainted and now in ICU there, says she is "sleeping"(coma possibly)
Very frustrating when medical issues and it gets lost in translation

So Ao and her Aunt are in the car driving there............so would like to find the hotel so they don't need to worry about it

They won't get there until middle of night and be in hospital most of the morning, so I'd imagine this is fine to go and sleep

Thanks

Quarky

Administrator
I bet they end up sleeping in the girl's room at the hospital if she is that bad?

Have you heard if she is ok?

Last edited:

MarcTwoSix

I bet they end up sleeping in the girl's room at the hospital if she is that bad?

Have you heard if she is ok?
The school has said they will provide them with a hotel

As I said before it's hard to get a complete understanding when these things happen in Thailand

I'm also of the belief that the hospitals overreact in Thailand from past experiences.
They seem to suggest the worst possible outcome/diagnosis.
Hopefully that is the case now.

They just got to hospital but have only talked to the doctor over the phone.
Haven't seen her or the doctor yet.

Mr. Smiley

You'd probably want to stay in the city and drive out to the hospital at SUT (should be about a 20-30 min drive and probably around 200 baht if you use a taxi or grab). It's a highway city (with the main street is basically the highway through the city). If money isn't an issue the Kantary Hotel is very good, at around 2500/night and relatively close to the Mall (5 min drive). It's the newest hotel in Korat about 1 or 2 years old... so everything should be modern.

MarcTwoSix

You'd probably want to stay in the city and drive out to the hospital at SUT (should be about a 20-30 min drive and probably around 200 baht if you use a taxi or grab). It's a highway city (with the main street is basically the highway through the city). If money isn't an issue the Kantary Hotel is very good, at around 2500/night and relatively close to the Mall (5 min drive). It's the newest hotel in Korat about 1 or 2 years old... so everything should be modern.
The only criteria is to be as close to the hospital as possible

The University has offered to pay for their hotel and arrange

But if my wife prefers, she will stay at the hotel/guesthouse Rak recommend

Thanks for you recommendation though

MarcTwoSix

Ao ended up finding a decent hotel right by the hospital for 800baht/nt

I will say, just from my search and her looking around also, Korat hotels don't seem to be particularly cheap!

Mr. Smiley

Depends on what you're looking for... like I mentioned before.... everything is spread out along the highway so not really any centralized districts for shopping or entertainment. Considering it's the 2nd or 3rd major city in Thailand after Bangkok it doesn't even have a light rail system or even public buses unless you count the songthaews but even then... you kind of have to know the routes to know where to go.

You could probably find some 200-300 baht/night places in the old town.... but those would be basic fan rooms... but I think a reasonable room would probably be around 600-800/night depending on location but those place might be 10+ years old... newer refurbished hotels probably looking at 1200+ baht/night.