New Book on Thailand

Locke

I think this book will be of interest to forum members:

It takes an understanding, positive (and sometimes humorous) approach to the subject of sex work and customers in Bangkok & Pattaya.
Written by a scholar who did field work here.

R. Weitzer, Sex Tourism in Thailand: Inside Asia's Premier Erotic Playground (New York University Press, 2023)

LINK TO PUBLISHER, SUMMARY, & REVIEWS --> https://nyupress.org/9781479813407/sex-tourism-in-thailand/

There are other books, of varying quality and insight, but this is the first full treatment of the topic in the past 2 decades.

A joy to read!!

Thai book cover.jpg

kaptainrob

Administrator
I think this book will be of interest to forum members:

It takes an understanding, positive (and sometimes humorous) approach to the subject of sex work and customers in Bangkok & Pattaya.
Written by a scholar who did field work here.

R. Weitzer, Sex Tourism in Thailand: Inside Asia's Premier Erotic Playground (New York University Press, 2023)

LINK TO PUBLISHER, SUMMARY, & REVIEWS --> https://nyupress.org/9781479813407/sex-tourism-in-thailand/

There are other books, of varying quality and insight, but this is the first full treatment of the topic in the past 2 decades.

A joy to read!!

Thai book cover.jpg
Hello Locke and welcome to TD.
Have you confirmed the accuracy of the research 😜

Bacon

Administrator
Yes, sounds suspect. For a start, prostitution is illegal in Thailand, so I don't know how all this hanky panky could be going on in the first place.

Locke

Hello Locke and welcome to TD.
Have you confirmed the accuracy of the research 😜
Ha, Kaptain Rob 😺 I can confirm that the book is excellent. But I will leave it to mongers whether it fits with their own perceptions and experiences.

Dupree

I don't think anything should be mandatory reading for newbies

Walk around knowing fcuk all and make all the mistakes blissfully

If you aren't a total moron, you will come out relatively unscathed
I dont think you appreciate the rising trend of young incels these days. They need a guide....

do ron

I don't think anything should be mandatory reading for newbies

Walk around knowing fcuk all and make all the mistakes blissfully

If you aren't a total moron, you will come out relatively unscathed
There's a strong argument for both cases but id veer mire toward yours .

I never read the book , but watched Film ' A prayer before Dawn ' now this is viewing for every newbie . Decent flick.

I've even started following Billy Moore's Vlogs around the UK , he's a decent enough character that visits deprived areas' . god there is so much wrong here that we don't see , society is falling apart at the seams .

1721591246413.png

MarcTwoSix

There's a strong argument for both cases but id veer mire toward yours .

I never read the book , but watched Film ' A prayer before Dawn ' now this is viewing for every newbie . Decent flick.

I've even started following Billy Moore's Vlogs around the UK , he's a decent enough character that visits deprived areas' . god there is so much wrong here that we don't see , society is falling apart at the seams .

View attachment 11572

I don't know what you get into Do Ron 555

But I didn't need to read a book or watch a movie to make sure I wasn't a heroin addict or not to steal or have a gun in SEA!

I just wanted to check how much a beer was and what a soapy was. 😀

Dupree

Ok
So you think younger people who chose to travel to Thailand to enjoy the prostitutes are less clued in than all us genuises before them? 555
A lot are. Especially 20 something incels that never had a date. And they don't go there to technically enjoy the hookers. That comes later. They go there to break their cherries...555

Bacon

Administrator
You don't really even travel to any places in Thailand that young people travel to

Believe me, they doing perfectly fine in places like Krabi, Phi Phi and CM
Yeah it's pretty crap here. I see why you don't come anymore. Anyway, just gonna finish my breakfast and see if I can go somewhere nice after with better views and food.

1000006380.jpg

1000006382.jpg

MarcTwoSix

A lot are. Especially 20 something incels that never had a date. And they don't go there to technically enjoy the hookers. That comes later. They go there to break their cherries...555
You've literally never been around any of them to make that determination

Most 20 somethings going to Thailand or anywhere traveling are having the time of their lives

Don't be a old man doofus

Dupree

You've literally never been around any of them to make that determination

Most 20 somethings going to Thailand or anywhere traveling are having the time of their lives

Don't be a old man doofus
MORE RESULTS

What percent of Gen Z men are virgins?

We also assembled a focus group of nine Gen Zers to dig a little deeper into our findings and found that Gen Z — an age group generally defined as born between 1997 and 2012 — thinks about virginity differently. More than 37% of the Gen Zers BI surveyed — ranging in ages from 18 to 26 — said they hadn't had sex yet.Dec 14, 2023
1721629838432.png
https://www.businessinsider.com › g...
What does virginity mean to Gen Z? Not much. - Business Insider