New Novotel/Ibis on Soi 4

kaptainrob

Administrator
We booked a special 2 room X 2 night Accor deal at this property as location suited our dining and shopping needs. Approx 2.5k bt per night per room seemed reasonable for a brand new hotel.

Not only were the 19th floor rooms spacious, squeaky clean (new) and the bed soft as, but this was the quietest hotel we've stayed in for some time. And our rooms were adjacent the lift lobby. Block out curtains allowed us to sleep several hours past dawn.

Access to Nana BTS via Soi 6 is quick and easy on foot or by hourly shuttle. Many bars and restaurants in the area but we found The Coffee Club was best for breakfast. Foodland on Sukhumvit no longer the 'go to' eatery we've enjoyed in the past.

Novotel/Ibis is guest friendly, evidenced by Durex supplied in room and easy to slip in via either Ibis or Novotel entry if feeling shy. A rooftop bar and pool is ok, nothing special. We ate out so I can't comment on in house food.
 

Rivo

New member
Does Jo like swimming Rob ?..................I like a pool at the hotel when im staying in Bangkok
 

bacwaan

Well-known member
looks pretty good...so is this a combined Ibis/Novotel Hotel now?..on the site of the former Ibis?...I assume they have used the land that was the former carpark of the Ibis?...

If so can Ibis Residents use the pool and rooftop as well?
Attached files
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
bacwaan;389167 said:
looks pretty good...so is this a combined Ibis/Novotel Hotel now?..on the site of the former Ibis?...I assume they have used the land that was the former carpark of the Ibis?...

If so can Ibis Residents use the pool and rooftop as well?
Yes combined property and I understand all facilities are shared. 2 lobbies join behind at the lifts and room card provides access to designated accomodation floors.

I believe the old Ibis is or was a bit further down Soi 4.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
kaptainrob;389168 said:
Yes combined property and I understand all facilities are shared. 2 lobbies join behind at the lifts and room card provides access to designated accomodation floors.

I believe the old Ibis is or was a bit further down Soi 4.
So the Novotel was built adjacent to the Ibis that was already there?
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
An interesting footnote ... Out of 6 taxis used, 5 were late model near new Toyotas. One, hailed in Soi 4 for the run to DMK, was a brand new Altis with leather seats! Each time we accelerated over 100 kmph the dashboard device would beep (also if seat belt not done up) and driver explained the new taxis were linked to Transport Dept by GPS tracker to monitor location speed and safety.
 

anmeno

Well-known member
bacwaan;389167 said:
looks pretty good...so is this a combined Ibis/Novotel Hotel now?..on the site of the former Ibis?...I assume they have used the land that was the former carpark of the Ibis?...

If so can Ibis Residents use the pool and rooftop as well?
It's a new Ibis on the land beside Pachara suites.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
 

bacwaan

Well-known member
anmeno;389174 said:
It's a new Ibis on the land beside Pachara suites.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
ah..OK..gotcha

so is it the corner of 4+6?...I was in Pechara earlier this year so saw this being finished....got upgraded to a one bedroom suite from an executive studio...great accom for 2.2K
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
bacwaan;389177 said:
ah..OK..gotcha

so is it the corner of 4+6?...I was in Pechara earlier this year so saw this being finished....got upgraded to a one bedroom suite from an executive studio...great accom for 2.2K
Yes, corner of 4 & 6.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Just an aside

One my best friend's brothers is dating a Thai girl he met in Boston

She was asking on the phone where Ao was from and all that

I asked her where she was from and she said Sukhumvit
A few more questions and she was born and raised by Siam Square

I can honestly say I never met anyone born in that area
If they were born in Batman it's usually Bang Na or some outer area
 

Nomad

Well-known member
kaptainrob;389173 said:
Odd that they paired the Novotel with an Ibis Styles. Styles is a level below the standard Ibis (the other one in the Soi), with Ibis Budget (previously Forumula 1) the bottom of the three.
 

anmeno

Well-known member
Nomad;389217 said:
Odd that they paired the Novotel with an Ibis Styles. Styles is a level below the standard Ibis (the other one in the Soi), with Ibis Budget (previously Forumula 1) the bottom of the three.
I think you are wrong there, Ibis Styles is a non standard product that means that the design is it up to the owner of the property.
 

Buksida

Member
MarcTwoSix;389200 said:
Just an aside

One my best friend's brothers is dating a Thai girl he met in Boston

She was asking on the phone where Ao was from and all that

I asked her where she was from and she said Sukhumvit
A few more questions and she was born and raised by Siam Square

I can honestly say I never met anyone born in that area
If they were born in Batman it's usually Bang Na or some outer area
Slight problem there is that most Thais would know Siam Square is not on Sukhumvit Road.

Is her name Robin?
 

Nomad

Well-known member
anmeno;389233 said:
I think you are wrong there, Ibis Styles is a non standard product that means that the design is it up to the owner of the property.
You may be right. Looking at some old articles it referred to All Styles as a franchisee brand, implying some independence. Thus, not sure if they communicated it to members that way or I implied it from the ones I have seen e.g. Sukumvit 50 and Nai Harn.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Buksida;389234 said:
Slight problem there is that most Thais would know Siam Square is not on Sukhumvit Road.

Is her name Robin?
She was born in a hospital on/near Sukhumvit
So she answered literally when I asked her where she was born

Then said she lived around Siam Square
 
Top