New Zealand REALME and online Visitor Visa applications

kaptainrob

Administrator
Kiwi's may apply for many Government services, from anywhere in the World, including Passport renewal, Visa's for family/spouse etc ONLINE provided one has acquired a REALME identity. You can even open a bank a/c!

The REALME ID application can be lodged online but must be completed in person at a New Zealand Post Office.

https://www.realme.govt.nz/

Immigration online services may then be accessed using a RealMe ID a/c. I completed Jo's NZ Visitor Visa online in October and it was easy as except for photo upload (8 attempts before the system accepted), and all one does thereafter is post the Passport to BKK for inserting the Visa stamp. Hopefully in future the stamp will be all electronic like with Australia.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas

One nice surprise was instead of a one year multi-entry Visitor Visa, Jo got 2 years.

Cuzzy

I used this when doing my last passport. I had to do an emergency application before I left due to the fact that numb nuts didn't check his passport validity in advance.

The online application process was easy enough although it took only two attempts with the photos.

There was a problem with the verification code part. After multiple attempts I phoned and the chap on the other end did it for me.

We have started Au's next visa application with Realme so hopefully it might ease the process for her.

Sydney

yeah i used REALME for my last passport renewel ... didn't have to go to a NZ post office but as i was here in Sydney ...

Can't remember all the details, but one thing i found strange was for my witness i couldn't use a family member ...wtf ? ... could drag any kiwi i could find off the street to say they knew me for the last 12 months .... but what, they don't trust my own blood to go as witness for me, does anyone know the logic behind this ?

Z

Zablive

Sydney;309529 said:
yeah i used REALME for my last passport renewel ... didn't have to go to a NZ post office but as i was here in Sydney ...

Can't remember all the details, but one thing i found strange was for my witness i couldn't use a family member ...wtf ? ... could drag any kiwi i could find off the street to say they knew me for the last 12 months .... but what, they don't trust my own blood to go as witness for me, does anyone know the logic behind this ?
Common practice for legal documents ---- Wills etc.

Quarky

Administrator
I guess family members are more prone to fraud... 55

Like signatures for a mortgage... witnesses can't be family... I blame the Mafia...