North Thailand cold spell and weather in general

kaptainrob

Administrator
Seems like our monsoon season is off to a proper start after a 2nd night of widespread rain. Good soaking rain all night!

MarcTwoSix

kaptainrob;434864 said:
Seems like our monsoon season is off to a proper start after a 2nd night of widespread rain. Good soaking rain all night!
I love a loud rain storm in Thailand

Chob

MarcTwoSix;434832 said:
No but I just looked and the Island is predicting snow most of the week!
Fcuk ...isnt it spring ?

Ive been watching 'Grand Designs' , and everyone in the UK/Ireland has constanly got layers of clothes and beenies on.
Such constant inclement weather !

Spoils my fantasy of restoring a Georian country home !!

Chob

kaptainrob;434864 said:
Ours is all huff and puff !

Ian Forbes

Ian Forbes;434810 said:
Here on southern Vancouver Island it's been 7 to 9 degrees at night and about 60 degrees in the afternoon... or colder when it's raining or windy.
Ha, Ha, ha
I have a old thermometer hanging outside under my back porch. It is in Fahrenheit. The thermometer on my front porch is in Celsius. In my bedroom I have another that has both Celsius and Fahrenheit. When I posted I was still having visual thoughts of what I saw. 555

Yes, jumping from 7 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius would mean I was sitting on some planet. 5555

We are supposed to have a shitty week starting today. Lows down to 4 degrees Celsius and highs of only 14. along with more rain and some snow in the higher country. It doesn't look like I'll be riding my E-Bike or my motorbike much this coming week. Gives me another good excuse not to cut my lawn. It should be up to my waist soon. 555

MarcTwoSix

The weather we have had this week may have been the weirdest weather I've ever experienced in Vancouver in 15 years
It is dark and gloomy and pours rain all day
Then at 5pm it gets real sunny and nice

Every day, not sometimes. It does the same exact pattern every day
It's so bizarre......

Ian Forbes

It has been the worst June in recent memory in my area.. My biker buddies try to get our rides in whenever we can. There have been rain storms coming one after the other with brief periods of sunshine. Last Sunday was supposed to be raining but was sunny all day and everyone was out enjoying it. There were motorcycles everywhere.

MarcTwoSix

Ian Forbes;440281 said:
It has been the worst June in recent memory in my area.. My biker buddies try to get our rides in whenever we can. There have been rain storms coming one after the other with brief periods of sunshine. Last Sunday was supposed to be raining but was sunny all day and everyone was out enjoying it. There were motorcycles everywhere.
Yeah we had some bad June's going into Canada Day when I 1st got here
But then 8-9 years of perfect summers

This week has just been bizarre
But I like to go out 5-6pm in the summer anyways
So has worked out

kaptainrob

Administrator
Solid rain since late yesterday evening has continued unabated and will bring relief to many storage dams, minor flooding in the usual places.

Radar shows the slow moving system almost stationary over us now.

1595909950519.png