Our project

D

Dazza

kaptainrob;136368 said:
We've installed Cat6 between upstairs and down in case one wifi router doesn't cover both levels, more as future-proofing than anything else. Already have 2 routers so 20m of cable was cheap insurance.

Re that Pentair system Dazza, what model is it? I've made provision for brine drainage but was going to look at systems more closely after we moved in as softening is more a luxury than necessity in CM. Locally made manual systems are ~ 18k but HomePro have just stocked Pentair @ 30k but as usual, sales staff don't know anything about the "fill turr". An auto system with brine tank has more appeal than local manual backwash ... even at 100Bt a call-out.

Hope this helps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Dazza

Mine is the bottom one, the 54F10

D

Dazza

Chob;136763 said:
Oh BTW , I'd really like a price for the carport with slab as it stands ( fully rooved ) in Post 199.
( If thats not impolite)

Steel roofing: ฿4000 (can get cheaper if you want smaller thickness)
Roof tiles: ฿4500 (same deal as above, can buy cheaper tiles) or tin or the ones that "used" to contain asbestos (fibro type material)
Hope this helps.

Concrete unsure because we did all around the house plus the driveway.

J

jaynewcastle

Good to see it virtually finished. Hope you enjoy living there

kaptainrob

Administrator
Dazza;139623 said:
Mine is the bottom one, the 54F10

Tks Dazza, that's the same one our HomePro now have in stock.

BTW, is your kitchen a Starmark/HomePro custom build? I've just installed the DIY units + custom granite bench but nothing as elaborate as yours ... looks ace!

D

Dazza

Kitchen install was from a company from Bangkok that our builder used

P

proon

very inspiring and looks very good spec on the finished product
sparky by trade and yes normal practice of conduit install in the walls. Is how its done in the eastern states but have noticed in the western states they cut in and render the cable direct .... not good news if you have some serious cabling issues or you want to modify lighting/power arrangement in future. Its always the apprentice job for chasing and chiseling the bricks, although now you can get chasing machine with 2 cutting wheels to set width and has vac attachment ... don't even get dirty anymore
I have done residential, commercial and industrial. Currently in maintenance field so if i can help with electrics info i will but i aint being a sparky in Thailand, I cringe at the sound of heavy buzzing on wet days ... seen what happens when things go wrong
Renovated an old fibro claded place in Sydney for past 5 years prior to relocating to Perth and the work you have done for costs paid is unbelievable
I did most of my own work apart from a few things where I knew i needed the right tradie for the job

why no lights down the driveway ... 5555 ... you went all out with fence lighting that's for sure, most places i have done only had a light every 2nd post
any reason you didn't go with down lights?
You put any insulation in the roof space?

D

Dazza

proon;174462 said:
why no lights down the driveway ... 5555 ... you went all out with fence lighting that's for sure, most places i have done only had a light every 2nd post
any reason you didn't go with down lights?
You put any insulation in the roof space?
Looking at solar lights for the driveway, not sure yet as I can turn the "2 main" driveway entrance posts on independently to the rest of the fencing post lights.
Main living room and main bedroom has 4 x downlights each, thinking I'll change the switches out soon with the dimming capability.
Will ascertain if I'll need extra insulation in the roofspace this coming summer :)

Cheers, Dazza.

D

Dazza

Finally moved into the new baan Sunday just gone. Sunday was a very very good day because it was the 16th and the last month of the year...

D

Dazza

No more dogs from the house across the street wandering into my rental pissing on everything, the mongrels acted like they owned the neighborhood!!!!

justcruzing1

Dazza;195777 said:
Finally moved into the new baan Sunday just gone. Sunday was a very very good day because it was the 16th and the last month of the year...

Hey Dazza good to hear you moved in....but I'm puzzled about you comment it was the 16th and the last month of the year.
it is only November not December, or is there a different calendar in LOS??

D

Dazza

justcruzing1;195781 said:
Hey Dazza good to hear you moved in....but I'm puzzled about you comment it was the 16th and the last month of the year.
it is only November not December, or is there a different calendar in LOS??

Yeah mate, correct.

D

Dazza

Chob;195825 said:
Hmmm..."moves" are usually hard yakka ... was it painful?

Rice cutting season now, so had the older brother, and his wife, the nephew and his girlfriend plus a couple of cousins in town to move us. Only thing I did was offer water :)

D

Dazza

They wouldn't even let me carry a couple of plastic bags !!

bacwaan

Dazza;195851 said:
They wouldn't even let me carry a couple of plastic bags !!
That's because those plastic bags had their stuff in them Dazza......have a look in your spare bedrooms....555