Our project

MarcTwoSix

RakThai;134760 said:
Seriously thought about this as a business opportunity..!
Thai seem to only sell big land, and only when they seriously need money.. A plot for a house is taken of family lands, so no market for small land..
But in most baans where there are some falang, there are quite a few looking for a nice small plot in a nice area near a road...

So buy a 6-7 rai plot, divide it up and sell the other plots...
Must be able to make some money that way?
well, you'd have to sort of be an analyst, know if some girls are off at the bars/hotels and will be towing a farang back with them soon 555
like in Ao's village(she really has 2 villages) all the girls have already built the farang houses

the thing with this village i am talking about is that it is one of the most fertile areas of Thailand for rice, so i think that is a big reason they won't break up plots

Rivo

Great looking fence Dazza and the gate is impressive aswell, is this in the Udonthani area?

D

Dazza

MarcTwoSix;134756 said:
that's a proper fcuking fence!!

who did you buy 1rai off of?
i ask this because in my wives village near Suphan Buri it is impossible to buy only 1rai of land unless a family member will parse some of their off to you
no one outside the family will sell only 1rai, always has to be 6-7rai minimum
We were lucky enough that a lady in the village needed some baht quickly, but only enough to cover some debts, so we luckily scored with the 1 RAI, non family member by the way.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Fence looks great. Did you put drainage material in behind the retaining section? What was the cost per metre, approx?

We have to similar along a 52m khlong boundary once the house and reclamation fill has gone thru a 2nd rainy season. I like half solid to keep out pests and half open for view and breezes.

D

Dazza

kaptainrob;134896 said:
Fence looks great. Did you put drainage material in behind the retaining section? What was the cost per metre, approx?

We have to similar along a 52m khlong boundary once the house and reclamation fill has gone thru a 2nd rainy season. I like half solid to keep out pests and half open for view and breezes.

Enquired about drainage but the builder (the missus uncle) reckoned it wasn't needed. Cost all up including labour & materials ฿200,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Dazza

Distantpeak;134932 said:
Crikey... looks huge Dazza. You building a house... or a compound... 555

Nah, just something where I will be comfortable and can make a bit of noise without bothering any neighbours. Looked at a small 1 ngan block in the village proper, but the thought of reaching out through my toilet window and shaking the next door neighbours hand didn't appeal....55555

Edit: it was 1 ngan not 2

D

Dazza

Prefab concrete and another full concrete slab poured on top of these.

D

Dazza

Insulation and preparing for the suspended ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMTBOUND

I have absolutely no interest in building a house in LOS. But this is cools seeing the progress and listening to the banter about the how's and whys.

MarcTwoSix

Dazza;134945 said:
Nah, just something where I will be comfortable and can make a bit of noise without bothering any neighbours. Looked at a small 2 ngan block in the village proper, but the thought of reaching out through my toilet window and shaking the next door neighbours hand didn't appeal....55555
funny, i asked my wife last night how big was ngan and she didn't know what it was
what is ngan? how big?