Outside kitchen

Z

Zablive

We used to BBQ in the open while it was snowing in Toronto -in budgie smugglers.

Ahhh, the power of the Pyzz.

Ian Forbes

Zablive;304538 said:
We used to BBQ in the open while it was snowing in Toronto -in budgie smugglers.

Ahhh, the power of the Pyzz.
We always have fun what ever the weather. I keep debating on whether or not to put an awning over my deck, but the deck is a quick and easy route to my roof when I want to clear off the leaves and clean the gutters. An awning would prevent that. And, I do more socializing at my friend's home where they have one of those fancy $1000 barbeques.

OZZYGUY

Speaking of decks

[video=youtube;nz82fjXqFQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz82fjXqFQ4[/video]

crispy

Hi all i have just read this post and it reminded me of my last wife who was a phillipino ,when my father was alive him and mum put a unit/mini house in my rear yard anyway one day he comes belting down to the house and walks in and says what in gods name is that awefull smell ,yep you guessed it stinky fish being cooked you should have seen the look on her face i still laugh about it today god it was funny .

wabbits

Nice one can see that being used heavily. I like the Smeg burner how mush was that?
I will be going down a slightly different track for mine which is early stages of planning.
Offset smoker and a flat plate plus a burner..Well thats the plan.

OZZYGUY

wabbits;363703 said:
Nice one can see that being used heavily. I like the Smeg burner how mush was that?
I will be going down a slightly different track for mine which is early stages of planning.
Offset smoker and a flat plate plus a burner..Well thats the plan.
Outdoor Wok burner Smeg PBQ31GA 30cm Classic Aesthetic Natural Gas Cooktop - $750

Z

Zablive

OZZYGUY;363700 said:
Finaly finished and will test drive tonight. :)
Nice - a proper BBQ!
Glad you have a kickass exhaust fan for when she cooks the stinky fish 555!

OZZYGUY

One of the issues I had is that it is classed as commercial. These means we needed an interlock system on the gas line. So, you must have the overhead exhaust on before the gas solenoid would allow gas to flow. Also, the overhead canopy had to be powerful at over 2500 lph.

The other issue was the canopy needs to be 1200mm from the cook top. I can reach the on button but my wife cannot...55

OZZYGUY

Zablive;363705 said:
Nice - a proper BBQ!
Glad you have a kickass exhaust fan for when she cooks the stinky fish 555!

Plus its near the edge of the balcony, all the neighbours can smell that shit....55

wabbits

OZZYGUY;363704 said:
Outdoor Wok burner Smeg PBQ31GA 30cm Classic Aesthetic Natural Gas Cooktop - $750
I thought it might be that price but worth it in the long run as I saw what happen to a much cheaper non good stainless one......oily fish..

OZZYGUY

wabbits;363710 said:
I thought it might be that price but worth it in the long run as I saw what happen to a much cheaper non good stainless one......oily fish..
The other 2 x BBQS I got out of China, just over $500 AUD for the two. But I had to get them certified in Aust and that cost more than the BBQ's. At least its all legal now.

The guy that certified them said the quallity was very good as most he sees end up in the rubish needed to many mods to bring up to standard.

wabbits

OZZYGUY;363712 said:
The other 2 x BBQS I got out of China, just over $500 AUD for the two. But I had to get them certified in Aust and that cost more than the BBQ's. At least its all legal now.

The guy that certified them said the quallity was very good as most he sees end up in the rubish needed to many mods to bring up to standard.
Our neighbour is in China getting all his bits and bobs for his build in Secret Harbour.....Going to be huge from what he is saying full car basement with 2 levels above....Small for a family of three.5555555

OZZYGUY

wabbits;363714 said:
Our neighbour is in China getting all his bits and bobs for his build in Secret Harbour.....Going to be huge from what he is saying full car basement with 2 levels above....Small for a family of three.5555555
You can move in the basement and cook smelly fish, he will move out in no time....55

Ian Forbes

Looks pretty good, Ash. Who is going to do all the cooking? I was always the chef in my family, and still enjoy doing it.

Z

Zablive

OZZYGUY;363709 said:
Plus its near the edge of the balcony, all the neighbours can smell that shit....55
Great! Around here that would be tit for tat 555!8
I have a large plastic box just for soaking and cleaning the BBQ grilles.

OZZYGUY

Ian Forbes;363719 said:
Looks pretty good, Ash. Who is going to do all the cooking? I was always the chef in my family, and still enjoy doing it.
We both like to cook ..........but Janices mother has plans for it today...55