Outside kitchen

OZZYGUY

kaptainrob;363724 said:
Looks A1 Ash. ;thumbsup;

Might have a wee job for you here, soon .... :)
Lets just wait and see how it works before you get me doing any jobs.......55

MarcTwoSix

Looks great!

If I had a house the outdoor area would be my main focus
Even my small balcony I spend a ton of time on there and have the balcony doors open all the time

I was just in Arizona at a friend's house and her and her husband really did their backyard up. I'd imagine they spent at least 75kusd on it
And I think it's worth every penny.
No exaggeration.....we spent 100% of our time out there when not sleeping

It felt like a resort

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

wabbits

^^ outdoors in the right climate is very emportant. One house we had had a huge outdoor under roof. Had a seating for 10 a bar table and a pool table tv and banging stereo plus a pool ringed by palms party central and a relaxing space.
that was in Queensland hot like Thailand most of the time.

MarcTwoSix

wabbits;363784 said:
^^ outdoors in the right climate is very emportant. One house we had had a huge outdoor under roof. Had a seating for 10 a bar table and a pool table tv and banging stereo plus a pool ringed by palms party central and a relaxing space.
that was in Queensland hot like Thailand most of the time.
Arizona can get more hot than Thailand in summer..........40-45 C!

They only live there half the year and leave when it gets to hot and go back to Vancouver

Not pictured, they have a nice bar/built in BBQ also

AZ is so hot they need to take in all their furniture and BBQ when not there or it will melt

OZZYGUY

Speaking of outdoor areas this is one I did about 15 years ago. Was a great idea at the time but became a slave looking after it.

wabbits

OZZYGUY;363862 said:
Speaking of outdoor areas this is one I did about 15 years ago. Was a great idea at the time but became a slave looking after it.

L
That would have kept you busy....People forget the time it takes to look after places like that. Very nice though.
mum was on 5 acres on the Gold Coast hinterland ....sooooo much work with the growth rate of plants and grass being off the scale.555555

OZZYGUY

wabbits;363864 said:
That would have kept you busy....People forget the time it takes to look after places like that. Very nice though.
mum was on 5 acres on the Gold Coast hinterland ....sooooo much work with the growth rate of plants and grass being off the scale.555555
It got to a point that I was so busy at work I didnt have the time to look after it, so employed a old fella to come in once a week but he ended up smashing a few sprinklers each time with the ride on mower. They are $30 plus each, plus he just didnt do things how the wife wanted. So ended up spitting the dumby and selling it.

Ian Forbes

OZZYGUY;363865 said:
It got to a point that I was so busy at work I didnt have the time to look after it, so employed a old fella to come in once a week but he ended up smashing a few sprinklers each time with the ride on mower. They are $30 plus each, plus he just didnt do things how the wife wanted. So ended up spitting the dumby and selling it.
Those big homes and properties are great for people who love to party and always have guests and family coming to stay. But, as you grow older they are a pain to look after. I've learned how easy it is to live in just one room when I'm in Thailand. I've been back in Canada for 3 weeks and I haven't time to do anything but clean up, tend the garden, and cook meals. Other than one day riding down to Victoria to see my kids and grandkids, I haven't done anything for myself.

MarcTwoSix

wabbits;363864 said:
Their yard is mostly that traveteen and the grass is this really nice artificial grass.
I've never felt artificial grass so nice before

What I was surprised about is it was about 30 C every day and they needed to have the pool heated

And they said that costs about 5/day if they hearing it all day if being used

OZZYGUY

Ian Forbes;363871 said:
Those big homes and properties are great for people who love to party and always have guests and family coming to stay. But, as you grow older they are a pain to look after. I've learned how easy it is to live in just one room when I'm in Thailand. I've been back in Canada for 3 weeks and I haven't time to do anything but clean up, tend the garden, and cook meals. Other than one day riding down to Victoria to see my kids and grandkids, I haven't done anything for myself.
At that stage in my life we did love to party plus had plenty of room in the shed for my toys. I had my 40th at that place, a mate was in the entertainment industry and arranged a band complete with stage, lighting, and equipment that all showed up in a truck with camper vans following. That was one party the neighbours never forgot...55.
Besides getting sick of all the work I also started to get tired of people coming all weekend. They would show up Friday and leave Sunday. Maybe I was just becoming a grumpy old man.........55

OZZYGUY

MarcTwoSix;363872 said:
Their yard is mostly that traveteen and the grass is this really nice artificial grass.
I've never felt artificial grass so nice before
Did the grass get hot? I love that stuff but the one I had got really hot in summer to stand on.

Moo Uaon

OZZYGUY;363899 said:
Did the grass get hot? I love that stuff but the one I had got really hot in summer to stand on.
Hmm.. astro turf with water cooling pumped through tiny water veins? 55

OZZYGUY

Moo Uaon;363905 said:
Hmm.. astro turf with water cooling pumped through tiny water veins? 55
Man you got to market that.........best thing since sliced bread.....55

wabbits

Decided not to have real grass again going full plastic....never knew there were so many choices water cooled hmmm

MarcTwoSix

wabbits;363961 said:
Decided not to have real grass again going full plastic....never knew there were so many choices water cooled hmmm
Me either.........theirs was so nice
Playing bocce barefoot was so pleasant