Ozzi bbq

Z

Zablive

Look for the Thai-French beef up north.
A joint project between HM and the French Government breeding up Charolais-Limosin cross herds.
Available down south at Villa Mart.
It's far better than normal Thai beef and just below imported OZ beef.

And you get the whole 44 in a P76 - flog one BBQ to a mate and you've got pyzz money 555!

C

Changone

Trust you to see the angle in it Zab...Pays for your BBQ into the deal...555

S

Spot

Moo Uaon;57199 said:
Can`t beat this style....load up the family and hangers on and head to the local,aroi mak mak :)

Thanks Moo for a while I was wonderring which planet is everyone on? As a born and bred Aussie from the bush I have eaten BBq's on shovels, Grills, green sticks et al over hot eucalypt coals.

Why do Isaan BBQ meals taste so bloody good? Eucalypt charcoal......

The Yanks insist we have a gas Grill, my six gas burner I replaced the grill bit with extra flat plates so I didnt lose the veggies, tatses good BUT not as good as the open fire or hot coals from eucalypt timber to me.....

****e am I really a Dinosaur, who still prefers charcoal and real wood to flavour my meal... Either I've been in the bush too long or everybody else has been in the city too long.

When you can get charcoal so cheap in Isaan and a piece of 1/4 inch steel plate???? Why worry about the gas jobs IMHO......

D

daohoshi Dao

Zablive;57462 said:
Look for the Thai-French beef up north.
A joint project between HM and the French Government breeding up Charolais-Limosin cross herds.
Available down south at Villa Mart.
It's far better than normal Thai beef and just below imported OZ beef.

And you get the whole 44 in a P76 - flog one BBQ to a mate and you've got pyzz money 555!
Most days Jonty and I have dinner together on Skype.

Zab whole 44 in a P76 I did not understand. So I ask him over Skype dinner. OMG wrong question to ask.555555555555

Z

Zablive

daohoshi Dao;57517 said:
Most days Jonty and I have dinner together on Skype.

Zab whole 44 in a P76 I did not understand. So I ask him over Skype dinner. OMG wrong question to ask.555555555555

Here you go Dao.

The P76 was built by Leyland and was aimed at farmers, hence the petrol drum in the boot.
The wrecks were greatly prized by speedway drivers for their lightweight alloy V8 motor (which was the same as early Range Rovers).

Chob

wabbits;57177 said:
Just going through Homepro first time I have seen anywhere in LOS that sells what I would call a BBQ.....Prices are up there so makes me think not a big demand.
There is a big expat population in LOS I know not from Oz but we are not the only BBQing nation....
What do you do for a BBQ in LOS?
Or is it no longer something that is needed of relevent?
27990.bt at Homepro
Thai Ladies do the cooking , and see the above as unneccessary.
We had bbq here last Saturday , and the gfs turned up with a clay pot and charcoal and proceeded to cook on the floor within a meter of my western style barbeque.
Ah well , up to them...

As most Aus. bbqs are made in China , which isnt that far away , Im always surprised at the prices here in LOS.

S

Spot

;):p:thanks..:!qq! Is it true? The return of the like button !qq!$$$:grinner:*grim*<7>

kaptainrob

Administrator
Gazmac;57636 said:
yes for everyone except you Spot !!! hehehehe Hey Mods , can that be done ??
Rhetorical Q eh Garry?

Actually, it should be other way around ..... lol 5555 :??: :D

crispy

wabbits;57453 said:
^^First time I have seen P76 in a sentence for awhile.55555

For me a big flat plate for my steaks be it Moo of beef will be the go.
Dave up near the Mekong has told be you can get good beef steak and he used to have an Ozzi BBQ night every Friday and all the local expats would gather.
He said as good as Oz but this is a he said.
We have bought large lumps of beef at the local market a little tough but prepped right can still be a good meal.
Just beat the crap out of it ,should be ok all your doing is breaking the fibres in the meat even the back of a cooks knife will do it .

crispy

Spot;57515 said:
Moo Uaon;57199 said:
Can`t beat this style....load up the family and hangers on and head to the local,aroi mak mak :)

Thanks Moo for a while I was wonderring which planet is everyone on? As a born and bred Aussie from the bush I have eaten BBq's on shovels, Grills, green sticks et al over hot eucalypt coals.

The Yanks insist we have a gas Grill, my six gas burner I replaced the grill bit with extra flat plates so I didnt lose the veggies, tatses good BUT not as good as the open fire or hot coals from eucalypt timber to me.....

****e am I really a Dinosaur, who still prefers charcoal and real wood to flavour my meal... Either I've been in the bush too long or everybody else has been in the city too long.

When you can get charcoal so cheap in Isaan and a piece of 1/4 inch steel plate???? Why worry about the gas jobs IMHO......
I would sooner eat one over hot hardwood coals than of a steel plate just a better taste i rekon .

kaptainrob

Administrator
crispy;57784 said:
Spot;57515 said:
Moo Uaon;57199 said:

I would sooner eat one over hot hardwood coals than of a steel plate just a better taste i rekon .
Agree 100%. Charcoal is cheap, fast to get fire started Isaan-style, and easy to moderate using ashes. A plate is an accessory for searing meat or cooking onions etc.

New Years at the farm, everyone pitches in with cooking over charcoal. Corrugated iron in lieu of large shovel, ok Crispy? >

Moo Uaon

Spotted some home made Thai style bbq`s out at the markets in deepest,darkest Isaan the other day.

The 22 gallon one was 1350 baht while the smaller ones were 4-600 each.
One of the smaller ones will be fine for my place so maybe if anyone is looking for one just look around at the local Isaan market when you`re there.