PGC...Old Gits trip

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
PGC;417574 said:
Well I did the unthinkable......Went for a quick Kip and didn't wake up till next morning.

Another sign of age methinks.

.
Last February I went to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat solo for 4 days before Thailand
Up every day 4am-5am to go Temples

I got to the Hilton in Bangkok Friday afternoon and my wife and stepson came
I took a nap at 5pm and literally couldn't wake up
I could hear them talking faintly in the room but I got up at 9am the next morning!
 

PGC

Active member
bacwaan;417591 said:
I had a holiday with the former Mrs Bacwaan here going back about 18 years or so now...it was superb...and we got to do some cooking lessons in their superb kitchen...the views out over the cliff to the sea are sensational....

you are a lucky man Khun PGC
Don't I know it. It made the PS Hotel seem like a right sh1t hole when I got back to Patong
 

PGC

Active member
So the next day in Kata was more of a relaxing day. Forced really because none of us wanted to be too far from a hong nam. Last nights sickness had been replaced with a loosening of the bowels which was akin to being set upon by a flock of sparrows.

But we eventually made it down to the beach and the Reggae bar that sits right on the beach. It's a rare thing in Thailand is a bar on the beach, so I was determined to enjoy it, and after some food and a few beers our stomaches began to settle down and we basically just went for a repeat of last night. Missing out the street food this time, and determined to overturn our defeat at table football.

The ladyboys were nowhere to be seen, so we were in with a chance. We challenged the two most attractive bar girls we could find, and Eng v Thai was back on.

10-2 to Thailand. These girls must do nothing but play the darn game.

One more thing about the Kata Hotel. I didn't tell them but they must have worked it out from my passport, because I got a birthday cake in my room, and all the staff wished me a happy birthday while I as there. Small things but they did nothing but enhance my feelings about the place.
 

PGC

Active member
Stillearly;417600 said:
Did the hotel have a joiners fee ? ;)
Ha ha....Didn't really want to ask....

But you would be best bringing your own....The talent on the Soi we drank at was rougher than us, probably tougher than us, and could more than likely out drink us. At least a few of them looked like their face had been on fire and somebody had put it out with a frying pan.
 

Ian Forbes

New member
PGC;417602 said:
Ha ha....Didn't really want to ask....

But you would be best bringing your own....The talent on the Soi we drank at was rougher than us, probably tougher than us, and could more than likely out drink us. At least a few of them looked like their face had been on fire and somebody had put it out with a frying pan.
I remember Pattaya being the same about 15 years ago. It was unusual to see anything remotely attractive in a couple dozen or more bars... and that was when I was actively looking. The best were always found by accident and more likely not even at bars.
 

Stillearly

Well-known member
Ian Forbes;417605 said:
I remember Pattaya being the same about 15 years ago. It was unusual to see anything remotely attractive in a couple dozen or more bars... and that was when I was actively looking. The best were always found by accident and more likely not even at bars.
You either have incredibly high standards or a very bad memory....
 

Quarky

Administrator
Stillearly;417606 said:
You either have incredibly high standards or a very bad memory....
Indeed. Or very poor eye sight. No matter what bar I go in there, if I stay long enough, a stunner will appear.. as if by magic.. 55
 

Ian Forbes

New member
Stillearly;417606 said:
You either have incredibly high standards or a very bad memory....
I'm talking about the open, street bars, not the bars behind closed doors. I had hundreds of pictures of them before the site I had them on closed down. The closed door bars always had some young lovelies up on stage, but they charged far more even for short time. Maybe I was just spoiled after being in Angeles City in the Philippines.
 

Quarky

Administrator
Ian Forbes;417615 said:
I'm talking about the open, street bars, not the bars behind closed doors. I had hundreds of pictures of them before the site I had them on closed down. The closed door bars always had some young lovelies up on stage, but they charged far more even for short time. Maybe I was just spoiled after being in Angeles City in the Philippines.
I'm talking about open street bars too.. 55
 

Ian Forbes

New member
Stillearly;417623 said:
Me too ...... :)
In that case I guess I just have a different taste in women. And, I'm never drunk. Last time I was down there is when I took Pui on a holiday in 2014... and she wanted to see Pattaya and what everyone was talking about.
 

Stillearly

Well-known member
Ian Forbes;417626 said:
In that case I guess I just have a different taste in women. And, I'm never drunk. Last time I was down there is when I took Pui on a holiday in 2014... and she wanted to see Pattaya and what everyone was talking about.
you originally said 15 years ago , now you are talking five , big difference... 15 years ago there weren't as many GoGos and the ones that were there all had nudity , many girls wouldn't go near them , so the beer bars were well stocked ..

anyway I don't want to derail the TR
 

PGC

Active member
Back to Patong again today.

I've been in Red Hot before so we decided to try some of the other music bars. To be honest, as much as the increase in Indians, Arabs and Chinese. The Music bars would look to be responsible for much of the decline in your traditional beer bar. The new big bars, Tiger and Bar Funk take up some of the blame, but its interesting that while the beer bars were empty the Music bars were packed.

My fav was the one opposite the Titty Twister bar. Good Filipino singers and quite a tight band behind them.

Two Thai girls were in with their Hansum boyfriends, both were enjoying a dance. Earlier included in part of a song one of the male singers had asked was he Gay or not. Now you could have gone either way, he was good looking and well groomed and had none of the overt gayness for want of a word that would give him away.

He jumped into the dance floor and started dancing with all and sundry. One of the Thai Girls had him backed up into a corner and was advancing on him, Ass first. He screamed at the sight of a shaking ass heading into his direction. Question answered.

Later a real drunk wandered in and started dancing. The staff told him he had to order a drink, which he did. But then he started dancing with a chair. The staff made him put the chair down. But he couldn't help himself and was soon up dancing with the chair again. Finally a member of staff just held him by the hand and started walking towards the front. He just followed. Then at the entrance she gave him a little wave and a kiss on the cheek. He waved back and stumbled off.

Made me wonder what kind of fight would have broken out in the UK if a bouncer had tried to eject him.

So I bought the fittest singer a drink and bless her she came over to say thank you and had a little chat. I now know somebody in a band......
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
My Thai wife loves those big music bars
I enjoy them myself
But she really likes them

Even wondering over to one herself while I sat across at U2 bar
 

Ian Forbes

New member
PGC;417635 said:
Back to Patong again today.

I've been in Red Hot before so we decided to try some of the other music bars. To be honest, as much as the increase in Indians, Arabs and Chinese. The Music bars would look to be responsible for much of the decline in your traditional beer bar. The new big bars, Tiger and Bar Funk take up some of the blame, but its interesting that while the beer bars were empty the Music bars were packed.

My fav was the one opposite the Titty Twister bar. Good Filipino singers and quite a tight band behind them.

Two Thai girls were in with their Hansum boyfriends, both were enjoying a dance. Earlier included in part of a song one of the male singers had asked was he Gay or not. Now you could have gone either way, he was good looking and well groomed and had none of the overt gayness for want of a word that would give him away.

He jumped into the dance floor and started dancing with all and sundry. One of the Thai Girls had him backed up into a corner and was advancing on him, Ass first. He screamed at the sight of a shaking ass heading into his direction. Question answered.

Later a real drunk wandered in and started dancing. The staff told him he had to order a drink, which he did. But then he started dancing with a chair. The staff made him put the chair down. But he couldn't help himself and was soon up dancing with the chair again. Finally a member of staff just held him by the hand and started walking towards the front. He just followed. Then at the entrance she gave him a little wave and a kiss on the cheek. He waved back and stumbled off.

Made me wonder what kind of fight would have broken out in the UK if a bouncer had tried to eject him.

So I bought the fittest singer a drink and bless her she came over to say thank you and had a little chat. I now know somebody in a band......
That just points out the "quiet way" to defuse a potentially ugly situation. A bouncer would likely have caused a fight. It's one of the reasons why police forces started hiring women to quell possible fights. Rowdy men will often follow orders from a woman when they might want to fight any man who tries to give him orders.
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
MarcTwoSix;417642 said:
My Thai wife loves those big music bars
I enjoy them myself
But she really likes them

Even wondering over to one herself while I sat across at U2 bar
Same, whenever we are in Thailand Janice always looks for the live music bars.

And to be honest these days I would much rather go to see a live band than a gogo bar........geeez carnt believe I said that...times have changed.
 

Ian Forbes

New member
OZZYGUY;417683 said:
Same, whenever we are in Thailand Janice always looks for the live music bars.

And to be honest these days I would much rather go to see a live band than a gogo bar........geeez carnt believe I said that...times have changed.
It's called aging, Ash. 555

Like all "novelties", eventually the attraction wears thin. And, when you have better at home there is little sense in progressing further. 55
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
Ian Forbes;417729 said:
It's called aging, Ash. 555

Like all "novelties", eventually the attraction wears thin. And, when you have better at home there is little sense in progressing further. 55
I have always not been much of a fan of Gogo's, I do like beer bars better.
 

PGC

Active member
Having blamed the demise of the Patong Beer bars on, in part, the Chinese. I remembered that while at OTOP, 5 Chinese, 3 men and 2 women, popped into a bar I was sat at. They ordered 2 beers and 5 glasses, and then proceeded to eat all the peanuts from the bar.

The owner wasn't impressed.....She also had loads of stories about people checking the price of beer, and walking round for ages, until they found a bar at 79baht, as opposed to 80baht. The normal nationalities were mentioned, but it had to be said that there were a few Aussies that fell into this catagory as well.

Me I go for the craic, and as long as nobody takes the p1ss price wise I'm happy.
 
Top