Philippines Info

MarcTwoSix

Moo Uaon;424578 said:
But does size really matter?

Yeah,they hang around for their food but their natural environment is still there for them unlike zoos and aquariums etc

I was doubtful about an encounter with them right up to mins before i jumped in the water...first look and i didn't see anything 55 then looked around and saw these huge,placid and graceful animals sneaking up behind me with young in tow not far away which then headed over towards me and our boat to get food.

Sure enough there's plenty of tourists there floating around on the very surface with snorkel gear but the 20-25m below of clear water is all theirs so not as intrusive as you'd think.
One of the biggest there came right over to me and started munching burley right off my chest and intimidated me a bit and i started to back off trying not to accidentally poke it in the eye...it was that close and i could see it could easily swallow me whole.

As i said...i was quite pessimistic about it all but it ended up being one of the coolest things i've done.! and would probably do it again.
Dupree and I are going to Cancun in a couple weeks

For me it was just a quick 4 day weekend before a nmbiz trip in US

But I'm not going on my biz trip so was thinking of extending my trip to 7-8 days

Then I said screw it, I want to come back for the whale sharks this summer at some point

OZZYGUY

Airport departure costs.

Cebu airport has a 850p terminal fee but it's just gone up to 935p.
You pay this to leave however all new ticket sales will include the fee like most airports do.

Cost for a Filipino national to leave is an additional 1620p.

If on a 13a retirement visa it's about 4,000p

Just cost me $243aud to leave....Grrrrr

Moo Uaon

OZZYGUY;425092 said:
Airport departure costs.

You pay this to leave however all new ticket sales will include the fee like most airports do.

;teary; gogogogogogo

MarcTwoSix

OZZYGUY;425092 said:
Airport departure costs.

How is that possible?

That sounds insane

OZZYGUY

MarcTwoSix;425100 said:
How is that possible?

That sounds insane
Nope that's the way, has been for ages.

But the terminal fee will now be added to the airline ticket. All other countries do that now no difference really you still pay.

OZZYGUY

supersub;425112 said:
I wasn't charged anything extra so guess it was bundled into my ticket.
Yes or if you left the Philippines through Manila you don't pay.
International flight from Cebu you pay.
Domestic Cebu to Manila then international you don't.

supersub

OZZYGUY;425130 said:
But if you take your bride out you pay the 1620p for her

Oh well haha

I've got my next trip lined up now. Gonna go back to Asia in June, but probably not PI as weather starts to get sketchy rain wise. Thinking maybe Malaysia, Redang or Perhentian.

MarcTwoSix

supersub;425235 said:
Oh well haha

I've got my next trip lined up now. Gonna go back to Asia in June, but probably not PI as weather starts to get sketchy rain wise. Thinking maybe Malaysia, Redang or Perhentian.
LUANG PRABANG.....

Also have you done Angkor Wat?
That would be right up your alley

Quarky

Administrator
supersub;425235 said:
Oh well haha

Is that minus your lady?

supersub

MarcTwoSix;425237 said:
LUANG PRABANG.....

Also have you done Angkor Wat?
That would be right up your alley

Laos would be good as a side trip if Iwas going Thailand otherwise I probably wouldn't bother. Siem Reap definitely looks interesting. Should be able to get a direct flight from KL as well.

Quarky;425238 said:
Is that minus your lady?

With of course. She's something of a fixture now. 5555

MarcTwoSix

supersub;425242 said:
Laos would be good as a side trip if Iwas going Thailand otherwise I probably wouldn't bother. Siem Reap definitely looks interesting. Should be able to get a direct flight from KL as well.

With of course. She's something of a fixture now. 5555
I didn't like KL
Ironically, for the reason I thought I would like it!

There is not one identity so it then feels there is no identity
At least to me.....

supersub

MarcTwoSix;425243 said:
I didn't like KL
Ironically, for the reason I thought I would like it!

There is not one identity so it then feels there is no identity
At least to me.....

Have you been anywhere else in Malaysia aside from KL? I don't think anyone goes to Malaysia for KL specifically tbh. KL comes across as any other Asian city tbh. Good food, lots of noisy traffic, heat and humidity. Not as much to do in the way of activities as say Bangkok but I'll only be there for a few days either side of the main part of my trip.

I'm going for the islands and the beach scene. They have some of the clearest waters I've seen next to the Philippines.

OZZYGUY

I would second Angkor Wat in SR, we loved it but about 3 days is all you need.

I looked at renting a yacht in Langkawi and sailing to Phuket. If you can sail this could be worth looking at. If you cannot sail you can rent a driver.

I have used Sunsail a few times in Grease, Aust and Phuket. You could rent one from Phuket and they would get a skipper to sail it down to Langkawi to pick you up and sail back.

https://www.sunsail.com.au/yacht-ch...OfDays=7&numberOfPassengers=2&totalPrice=3510

Bacon

Administrator
OZZYGUY;425092 said:
Airport departure costs.

What happens if you don't pay? Do you get deported?

OZZYGUY

Bacon;425271 said:
What happens if you don't pay? Do you get deported?
We tried not to pay, long story but I talked with Air Asia the day before and they told me it was included in my price but they gave me wrong info and it wasnt.

So we tried with the "Oh but we dont have any money" thing. We pushed hard.....The option they gave us was to miss the flight and stay...

MarcTwoSix

OZZYGUY;425272 said:
We tried not to pay, long story but I talked with Air Asia the day before and they told me it was included in my price but they gave me wrong info and it wasnt.

So we tried with the "Oh but we dont have any money" thing. We pushed hard.....The option they gave us was to miss the flight and stay...
I don't miss the days of all the ratbag backpackers hanging around the cashier window when you paid the 500baht exit fee at BKK
Begging for money

I just tell look right at them and tell them to fuxk off
Actually.....I kinda miss that 555

justcruzing1

OZZYGUY;425270 said:
I would second Angkor Wat in SR, we loved it but about 3 days is all you need.

I looked at renting a yacht in Langkawi and sailing to Phuket. If you can sail this could be worth looking at. If you cannot sail you can rent a driver.

I have used Sunsail a few times in Grease, Aust and Phuket. You could rent one from Phuket and they would get a skipper to sail it down to Langkawi to pick you up and sail back.

https://www.sunsail.com.au/yacht-ch...OfDays=7&numberOfPassengers=2&totalPrice=3510
Hey Ash, how did you go with their wanting level 2 sailing classification?
I believe in Greece etc you have to have done and passed a course, hold a license, to be able to rent. Not so in Aust.
Also were they rigged for single handed?