Philippines Info

OZZYGUY

I have mentioned before I wouldn't buy a house in another country. My mind is slowly changing....55

Dumaguete is a city on Negros Island in the southern Philippines. The lush waterfront Rizal Boulevard is backed by bars and restaurants and some of the country's best schools. The adjoining town is Valencia and a place I could see myself in the coming years. Valencia is a nice small town on the edge of the mountains with a large cycling community (man needs a hobby). Being on the base of the mountains makes it cooler in the hot months. Both towns have a large expat community and not much tourism. Dumaguete has a airport just out of town and only 16 kms from Valencia. Also two sea ports that boats run on the hr to near by islands. Cebu is only a 15 min boat ride or 30 min on the big boat if taking the scoot or a car over. There is talk that a bridge is going from Dumaguete over to the south end of Cebu. Dumaguete with its two sea ports makes it a great base to go Island hopping with a scooter or car.

This place came up for sale in Valencia some time back, price has dropped a bit now and its ok buying at 8.5m. It is only a short walk to the town square, schools, markets and a few restaurants. Real estate sells super slow in Pi if it ever sells at all. Im not ready to buy but If this one gets close to 5m I think I would buy it.

1512974254.6.jpg

Dumaguete-City.jpgpS2E9iSEqg7ljiw4jwOqNHYPfQg.jpg

kaptainrob

Administrator
I know it's only an example, looks good and well priced. Bunkhouse could be ok for guests .... :p:p

Is there any great danger from typhoons given towns exposure to the east? Also storm surge, ocean levels rising, could that be a problem or is most residential land well above flood levels?

OZZYGUY

I know it's only an example, looks good and well priced. Bunkhouse could be ok for guests .... :p:p

Is there any great danger from typhoons given towns exposure to the east? Also storm surge, ocean levels rising, could that be a problem or is most residential land well above flood levels?
Valencia is at a guess a few hundred meters above sea level. Its at the base of the mountain. Oh and the mountain was once a active volcano....555

Bunkhouse would never be for guests, it has two rooms. One for the nanny one for the driver..... :p :p

One of the guys in CM that owns X-biking spends a bit of time in this area, he has asked me to partner with him in running a mountain bike tour company. I have zero interest but if I built some rooms out the front of that place and a pool and bar that could work and fill it with his customers.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Valencia is at a guess a few hundred meters above sea level. Its at the base of the mountain. Oh and the mountain was once a active volcano....555

Bunkhouse would never be for guests, it has two rooms. One for the nanny one for the driver..... :p :p

One of the guys in CM that owns X-biking spends a bit of time in this area, he has asked me to partner with him in running a mountain bike tour company. I have zero interest but if I built some rooms out the front of that place and a pool and bar that could work and fill it with his customers.
Aha I see now. The seaside photo threw me. An elevated house position would be choice ... plus a boat at the marina.
I'll sleep on the boat ;)