Photo's From Around Samui

Rivo

Stillearly;95975 said:
^ that beach looks fantastic

Bacwaan took the tour group for a swim here, the water must of been 26/28 degrees, like a hot bath................................

Rivo

Such an eye for detail our Tour Guide Bacwaan, he explained to us there is a slight breeze, I took this pic so you can see the ripples on the water..................................

Rivo

Here a few pics of the nightlife in Chaweng, the girls were friendly.............................................

M

meese

also been to that golf course..its very strange...lets build a clubhouse and hope people come 5555...thanks for all the pics Rivo..brings back good memories....iv got a lot that are the same as yours...just over a month to go now

Rivo

Here are a few more pictures.........................The first one was an Electrical Short after an afternoon rain shower............................

V

vanguy77

Makes me want to go today ... still 2 months to wait.

Where did you enjoy the nightlife the most, Rivo, Chaweng or Lamai?
Attached files

Quarky

Administrator
vanguy77;98518 said:

I'm not speaking for Rivo... but I know you'll prefer Lamai.... unless you like backpackers, and Indian suit tailors... :grinner:

RakThai

Distantpeak;98597 said:
I'm not speaking for Rivo... but I know you'll prefer Lamai.... unless you like backpackers, and Indian suit tailors... :grinner:
That's not fair...555

Chaweng is better for romantic dinners on the beach, better for disco hopping, has many more places with live music, more choice in restaurants and massage places..

I agree with your choice, though.. Lamai is defenately more relaxed and laid back..

Rivo

vanguy77;98518 said:

Depends what nightlife your after VG, I think youve got a week on Samui ? If so Lamai is alot easier getting around, no traffic gridlocks, my advice is stay in Lamai and there is plenty of entertainment and massages for you, after about 3 days catch a taxi into Chaweng for the night, the Green Mango Area is where the crowds are.

Touch base with Bacwaan, you dont get a better host than Nels and he should be getting paid by the Thai Tourist Bureau IMO Ps You can try your Thai language on him aswell.

M

meese

RakThai;98602 said:
That's not fair...555

Chaweng is better for romantic dinners on the beach, better for disco hopping, has many more places with live music, more choice in restaurants and massage places..

I agree with your choice, though.. Lamai is defenately more relaxed and laid back..
i would have put you down as a lamai man Rak...btw i cant think of any places in lamai with live music...there must be..will have have to discuss with tour guide Bacwaan in a few weeks 55555

V

vanguy77

Rivo;99071 said:
Depends what nightlife your after VG, I think youve got a week on Samui ? If so Lamai is alot easier getting around, no traffic gridlocks, my advice is stay in Lamai and there is plenty of entertainment and massages for you, after about 3 days catch a taxi into Chaweng for the night, the Green Mango Area is where the crowds are.

Touch base with Bacwaan, you dont get a better host than Nels and he should be getting paid by the Thai Tourist Bureau IMO Ps You can try your Thai language on him aswell.
I do hope to get together with nels while I'm there, for sure. Going to be there for 6 nights total, from November 6 - 11, leaving on the 12th for Nakhon Si Thammarat, and then on to Krabi.

So Lamai first, since I'll be staying right there at the Lamai Inn 99, I think its called, and then venture further afield from there.

bacwaan

vanguy77;99100 said:
I do hope to get together with nels while I'm there, for sure. Going to be there for 6 nights total, from November 6 - 11, leaving on the 12th for Nakhon Si Thammarat, and then on to Krabi.

So Lamai first, since I'll be staying right there at the Lamai Inn 99, I think its called, and then venture further afield from there.
Oooops....Huston we have a problem...atm I am due to leave for Cambodia and the PI on the 30th of October...8 days in Cambo taking a friend to see PP and Angkor for the first time and then 12 days diving off Puerto Galera and subic Bay in the PI...so that's most of Nov off island for me unless things change

sorry about that VG but send me a PM closer to time and I will update you

bacwaan

meese;99090 said:
.....i cant think of any places in lamai with live music...there must be..will have have to discuss with tour guide Bacwaan in a few weeks 55555
Bondi bar and grill has live music several times a week...and Fusion has percussion and sax playing along with a DJ on Friday nights....Swing Bar also has solo singer/guitarists from time to time...even Steve at Bikini tried that on Sunday afternoons for a couple of months

M

meese

bacwaan;99146 said:
Bondi bar and grill has live music several times a week...and Fusion has percussion and sax playing along with a DJ on Friday nights....Swing Bar also has solo singer/guitarists from time to time...even Steve at Bikini tried that on Sunday afternoons for a couple of months
forgot about Bondi bar...how did it work out at Bikini ..Steve fire him becouse he would not play reggae 55555

bacwaan

meese;99160 said:
...how did it work out at Bikini ..Steve fire him becouse he would not play reggae 55555
i don't think it bought it ONE extra customer..so it died a natural death

Quarky

Administrator
bacwaan;99146 said:
I remember a live band interrupting the rugby.... 555

And the Irish bar we moved to. They used to have live music quite often... have they stopped?

RakThai

meese;99090 said:
i would have put you down as a lamai man Rak...btw i cant think of any places in lamai with live music...there must be..will have have to discuss with tour guide Bacwaan in a few weeks 55555
There is one bar on the main road with live music, popular rock with a pretty hot lady singer..
And there was a basement bar a bit further south, but I think it closed after..

Chaweng had a couple good one's.. But last time the live reggae bar had closed, and the others were highly influenced by their family type clients..

yes, Lamai over Chaweng anytime..

Bacwaan, did you get to see Job2Do at Hin Ta Ya just before new years last year?
Was there 3 days before, but already booked to fly back north..