Photo's From Around Samui

bacwaan

DP....oh yeah the Shamrock does have music sometimes but mostly its a sports pub

Rivo...I've seen J2D a good dozen times since i have lived in LoS but didn't go to the C0ck Rock gig last year...seen them at The Reggae Pub in Chaweng a few times though

got me intrigued with the "Basement Bar"...never noticed a basement bar in Lamai

RakThai

bacwaan;99454 said:
DP....oh yeah the Shamrock does have music sometimes but mostly its a sports pub

Rivo...I've seen J2D a good dozen times since i have lived in LoS but didn't go to the C0ck Rock gig last year...seen them at The Reggae Pub in Chaweng a few times though

got me intrigued with the "Basement Bar"...never noticed a basement bar in Lamai
Was on the central raos, about 100 m south of the intersection where you bead to the main bar area..
Inside it had the look (and smell 555) of a dutch coffeeshop..555 Maybe gone, did not seem to be a great business sucses..

Rivo

bacwaan;99454 said:

Out past the Reggae pub in Chaweng is Camp Beer, I presume youve been their Bacwaan, very Thai place with live music and Thai prices, if you are with a TG she will luv it there.

supersub

Just out of curiosity what's been done since the electricity problem on Samui last year? I remember reading on TV that parts of the island were blacking out.
Attached files

Moo Uaon

Where`s our local rep....what about the weather? seems like it`s fairly wet there...got some friends thinking about going there.

A big tropical rain depression went through there just before i went 3 years ago...so it can be wet there this time of the year.

bacwaan

drizzling as i type...been getting 2-3 showers a day (between 10 mins and an hour) for the past 5-6 days now....its is the height of wet season after all Oct/Nov

still it doesn't bother me much..I don't have to be anywhere at any given time....I'll head up to the beach soon for breakfast and a swim...once the drizzle has dried up (pretty much has now)....the water is still warm 24-25C and the sea is glassy....I can easily time my bike rides so as not to get wet.....yesterday it was hot and sunny most of the day but its overcast this morning which is cooler and welcome

as for the situation with electricity....still no long term solution however they have bought in "generator buses" which park at various spots around the island and boost the power on the grid...no long outages (more than an hour or so) since that submarine power cable fiasco last year

bacwaan

could be worse..I could be in Kamala today 555

BTW no more rain since I wrote the above post....

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwClXcJX9lA[/video]