Phuket Sandbox

anmeno

I wonder what "People in his group" means in this case, hopefully it's not the whole plane that he came to Phuket on.

Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 12.11.08.png

Bacon

Administrator
It's not a bad option if you plan on heading to BKK or something on business. Better place to isolate.

For a holiday? Desperadoes!

kaptainrob

Administrator
TAT are slow at releasing any data and I doubt we'll ever hear the real fact anyway. I understand ASQ bookings for BKK have plummeted since the sandbox opened. Stands to reason, as you say, daily walk on beach better than wearing track in hotel room.

A breakdown of arrivals over the past week includes many Thai's and no doubt a majority of returning expats. Phuket must remain open and with no lockdowns for Eu/US travellers to have confidence in the project. Looking iffy just now.

Stillearly

Quarky

Administrator
But isn't that the risk you take traveling at this point in the pandemic?

I'm traveling now and off to Mexico on Wednesday
I'm assuming their is risk involved in being quarantined
Given your family history and your age, I think you are crazy to travel. Why risk it? Maybe in a year or two .. but with things still pretty bad most places.. why take unnecessary risks? Mexico? Seriously? I would only consider NZ as safe. Even then I wouldn't risk the flight for me personally.
Crazy American.. 55

MarcTwoSix

Given your family history and your age, I think you are crazy to travel. Why risk it? Maybe in a year or two .. but with things still pretty bad most places.. why take unnecessary risks? Mexico? Seriously? I would only consider NZ as safe. Even then I wouldn't risk the flight for me personally.
Crazy American.. 55
Live life man.....
And "things aren't still pretty bad most places"

You just want something to get excited about 555

Look at the stats for plane transmission

And Mexico has a lot less cases where I am going than where you currently live
And pretty much outside all the time

anmeno

More bad news for the sandbox.

The children have been sent to hospital and the family to quarantine.

I guess this will be a dealbreaker for most families.

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 17.52.26.png

Quarky

Administrator
Live life man.....
And "things aren't still pretty bad most places"

You just want something to get excited about 555

Look at the stats for plane transmission

And Mexico has a lot less cases where I am going than where you currently live
And pretty much outside all the time
Fair enough. But remember there are plenty of Greek symbols left... 🤒

anmeno

I don't see it as bad news
Others may

There will be positive cases
Just have to kept at a minimum
The article says children sent to hospital and family to quarantine, I would imagine Paulie would not have been very calm if that was his children.

Lets hope the information is wrong and that the parent is with the two children.

MarcTwoSix

The article says children sent to hospital and family to quarantine, I would imagine Paulie would not have been very calm if that was his children.

Lets hope the information is wrong and that the parent is with the two children.
They took two kids on an international flight that weren't vaccinated

It can and will happen to some people
Even ones vaccinated, but hopefully not that much
There aren't going to be no cases