Phuket Sandbox

Stillearly

The article says children sent to hospital and family to quarantine, I would imagine Paulie would not have been very calm if that was his children.

Lets hope the information is wrong and that the parent is with the two children.
seem to remember him being very calm when it took a while for his dog to clear customs ... 555

Quarky

Administrator
They took two kids on an international flight that weren't vaccinated

It can and will happen to some people
Even ones vaccinated, but hopefully not that much
There aren't going to be no cases
Where can kids be vaccinated? Not in the UK. Presumably not the US either? But hospital... Is that a precaution or are they seriously ill?

Stillearly

Where can kids be vaccinated? Not in the UK. Presumably not the US either? But hospital... Is that a precaution or are they seriously ill?
sounds like an overreaction.... very rare for kids to require hospital... even worse to separate them from the parents whatever the circumstances

anmeno

They took two kids on an international flight that weren't vaccinated

It can and will happen to some people
Even ones vaccinated, but hopefully not that much
There aren't going to be no cases
So you can confirm that if that was your 8 and 9 year old kids it would be ok that they was in hospital and you was in quarantine and would not see them the next 14 days?

sidvicious

If you test positive while in quarantine/arrival etc, they send you to hospital over there by the looks of things. Have heard of a few cases.

MarcTwoSix

seem to remember him being very calm when it took a while for his dog to clear customs ... 555
So in one instance I was getting scammed and my dog was held hostage

Vs the rules being followed

Yeah totally the same....

By the way, I think they should let the parents be with the kids if they choose to
In Mexico if you test positive they allow a parent to stay in the quarantine hotel with the child

But if you chose to go to a foreign country in the early stages of pandemic travel, you should understand all the requirements
Thailand always overreacts with hospitalization when there is a positive test

MarcTwoSix

So you can confirm that if that was your 8 and 9 year old kids it would be ok that they was in hospital and you was in quarantine and would not see them the next 14 days?
My comment was more about having positive tests
And Richard Barrow tweeting "not so good news coming from Phuket Sandbox"
There will be positive tests
That doesn't mean it's a bad thing for the program, unless they start getting a bunch

I swear, I never met people who seem infatuated with a country that still seem to cheer it on to fail

(Not you, mean Barrow and his kind and all the miserable FB commentors)

Stillearly

My comment was more about having positive tests
And Richard Barrow tweeting "not so good news coming from Phuket Sandbox"
There will be positive tests
That doesn't mean it's a bad thing for the program, unless they start getting a bunch

I swear, I never met people who seem infatuated with a country that still seem to cheer it on to fail

(Not you, mean Barrow
and his kind and all the miserable FB commentors)
have you actually read Barrow .... ? 5555

MarcTwoSix

have you actually read Barrow .... ? 5555
Yeah, I shouldn't have said that about him
He's pretty balanced
My bad.....

I still think it's ridiculous to frame it as "not good news" though
When there is like 4 positive cases out of 1k + on their 2nd test taken
That is actually, "good news"

Sucks that it's kids but they took the risk of traveling with unvaccinated kids
I wouldn't.......

anmeno

Good news about the kids and family , two new sandbox cases that's not so good news. Any bets on when they are going to stop the sandbox.

Screenshot_20210711-201236_Facebook.jpg

MarcTwoSix

Good news about the kids and family , two new sandbox cases that's not so good news. Any bets on when they are going to stop the sandbox.

View attachment 2090
I just don't understand how you think that is bad news?

I think it's at close to 1500 or more people that did their 2nd test
And there are like 5/7 positive cases

That is great news!

Bacon

Administrator
These people are tapped in the head. Taking their kids half way across the world in the middle of a pandemic.

Sand box, Shit box same same.
I just stay home these days. This shit is going to go on for years because it empowers the rulers.
If I get sick from the Covid well I get sick but I do not want to play by their rules.
Have a great trip down Mexico way M26.

anmeno

I just don't understand how you think that is bad news?

I think it's at close to 1500 or more people that did their 2nd test
And there are like 5/7 positive cases

That is great news!
I think it's bad news because I think the Thais gonna be scared and close the sandbox.

Bacon

Administrator
I think it's bad news because I think the Thais gonna be scared and close the sandbox.
They'll close it, but then some official will come alone and say: "Hey! It's because last time the people coming in didn't sign the right form and pay the right fee. Lets try again properly this time!"

Soupdragon

We sit on Surin Beach and play "Spot the new arrival". Count so far is 2 :cool:
Look Dickheads (talking to the muppets running this shitshow) either you open or stay shut. These revolving doors of arbitrary decisions are just too much now. People are desperate for the chance to earn a living and to say OK you can open and then just as trade is starting to come back you slam the door again is just crushing what is left of the peoples spirits here. Either make sensible thought out decisions or Fook Off and resign.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Look Dickheads (talking to the muppets running this shitshow) either you open or stay shut. These revolving doors of arbitrary decisions are just too much now. People are desperate for the chance to earn a living and to say OK you can open and then just as trade is starting to come back you slam the door again is just crushing what is left of the peoples spirits here. Either make sensible thought out decisions or Fook Off and resign.
There'$ a million good reasons why they won't resign and with such a fractured party structure I doubt anyone can fix the situation. Khun P started losing control after Prem passed on.

Good article over on t h a i inquirer site yesterday though it may have been taken down by thought police.