Phuket Sandbox

briofoz

The Sandbox is working. More and more businesses opening and a positive vibe (certainly in Patong). We have been lucky enough to rent some bikes, so all positive. Hopefully the Sandbox remains in operation.

As to the Sandboxers testing Positive on arrival after testing negative just before flying means at least some of them have had dodgy tests or dodgy paperwork. I suspect its dodgy paperwork.

Mask wearing compliance in Patong..... locals 99%, expats 90%, sandboxers 50%.

kaptainrob

Administrator
The Sandbox is working. More and more businesses opening and a positive vibe (certainly in Patong). We have been lucky enough to rent some bikes, so all positive. Hopefully the Sandbox remains in operation.
Good for you Brian although not so good for the poor buggers just out of 14 days and nowhere else to go. Your rentals may wind up all over Thailand as no other viable transport is available.

briofoz

Rob, I have just done a tour around some of Issan and ended with a few nights in Bangkok. If you can make it to Phuket, stay for a while. It is the best

In Udon Thani the bars that have become restaurants were open and the beer drinkers getting it in a metal milkshake container. Life seemed reasonably normal but they are now a red zone. In Bangkok met a friend for coffee. The only place open was a hole in the wall place and we stood on the footpath drinking it. Bangkok is in big trouble.

The Sandboxers can fly to Koh Samui. There is also a lots of posts on FB offering seats on rides around the country.

I will stick to Phuket for a while now.

briofoz

The new Covid +ve cases for Phuket today is 40, in the last 3 days its been 28,28, and 23, for weeks prior in the single figures. Sandbox will be cemented over I imagine, just when things were getting positive.

Moo Uaon

^ NZ travel bubble closed here too. It was all very premature setting it up IMO.
Making the most of home seems to be not a nice option for a lot people.
It really beats me why they see the need to travel OS smack bang in the middle of a worldwide pandemic with so much uncertainty around the virus and the success of vaciines still being monitored.

kaptainrob

Administrator
The new Covid +ve cases for Phuket today is 40, in the last 3 days its been 28,28, and 23, for weeks prior in the single figures. Sandbox will be cemented over I imagine, just when things were getting positive.
You're locked into Phuketraz now brian. Not a bad place to be so long as the case number curve flattens off.

Nomad

Hope this isnt made a slam dunk case to protect the sandbox.
Unreal...

A police commander was speaking to the media and exclaimed “Good news” and told attending media that the case was “all wrapped up”.

briofoz

....and good on him for doing it. Seems he didn't do his research. Sure its lots of paperwork, but there is a pandemic happening. The 7 day to 14 day rule changed because of the Delta Bug taking off here.

Hard to listen to that whiny voice.

MarcTwoSix

....and good on him for doing it. Seems he didn't do his research. Sure its lots of paperwork, but there is a pandemic happening. The 7 day to 14 day rule changed because of the Delta Bug taking off here.

It blows my mind that people whining about flying across the world during a pandemic on a brand new program

And expecting it to be flawless

So fucking annoying

Dupree

It blows my mind that people whining about flying across the world during a pandemic on a brand new program

So fucking annoying
That group call yesterday. Vince was there for 6 weeks. But nothing was open. I'm thinking. Dude. Why?

kaptainrob

Administrator
That group call yesterday. Vince was there for 6 weeks. But nothing was open. I'm thinking. Dude. Why?
Human nature ensures that people find ways to justify their errors of judgement.

I recall Australian owners of British Leyland's P76 defending the 'best car ever' purchase when asked 'why did you buy this POS' ..... nicknamed P38 because it was seen as only half a car.

P76's whilst a great looking car, had problems including overheating of the all alloy V8 engine, corrosion and poor assembly.

MarcTwoSix

I think it would be awesome to spend 6 weeks in a quiet Phuket
I'd love it

I saw on FB that Vince was out and about a bit here and there

Dupree

I think it would be awesome to spend 6 weeks in a quiet Phuket
I'd love it

I saw on FB that Vince was out and about a bit here and there
It was dead. He only drank in his hotel. No restaurants or food carts. Or bars. Or massage parlors. Good for celibates though...55

Nomad

So fucking annoying
And he thinks the Thai Government is incompetent! Give the guy a mirror. Expensive exercise to build a YT channel.