Phuket Sandbox

MarcTwoSix

It was dead. He only drank in his hotel. No restaurants or food carts. Or bars. Or massage parlors. Good for celibates though...55
Oh, from FB, and I thought I read Mai Chob mention seeing him, that he was able to get out, at least a little bit

Did he think he was going to be able to and then it was a disappointment??

MarcTwoSix

And he thinks the Thai Government is incompetent! Give the guy a mirror. Expensive exercise to build a YT channel.
When we went to Mexico, and granted it wasn't the hassle that Thailand is
But I knew I was traveling during this time and would take whatever came
Testing and being stuck if we ended up testing positive
Masks mandates, etc.....

Dupree

Oh, from FB, and I thought I read Mai Chob mention seeing him, that he was able to get out, at least a little bit

Did he think he was going to be able to and then it was a disappointment??
He didn't seem disappointed. He did have travel companions. I'm thinking he really enjoys Thailand regardless? And for 6 weeks? I'm over Thailand after 2 weeks. And that's after having big fun everyday.

MarcTwoSix

He didn't seem disappointed. He did have travel companions. I'm thinking he really enjoys Thailand regardless? And for 6 weeks? I'm over Thailand after 2 weeks. And that's after having big fun everyday.
Yeah but that's the sort of point/difference I'd say
You are going to go all out for 2 weeks

If you plan a 6 week trip, you approach it different

It sounds great to me
I'd love to do it.....

briofoz

That group call yesterday. Vince was there for 6 weeks. But nothing was open. I'm thinking. Dude. Why?
Lots open and more opening everyday. Unless he stayed at Mai Kaeo, Karon or Kata......and lots of Massage Shops opening so no shortage of company if you want it.

Moo Uaon

He didn't take Mrs Vince?

MarcTwoSix

I'm well aware of his politics. Was funny on the call. It was just me and him. I didn't bring up politics. And neither did he. Same way I deal with my brother..55
With a mutt like him, I don't apply the same rules I would to my friends and family Trump supporters 5555

bacwaan

Vince's BM handle was Dojo Den "house of Judo"...he is a nice, personable enough bloke in real life..but his politics and mine are miles apart...

MarcTwoSix

Vince's BM handle was Dojo Den "house of Judo"...he is a nice, personable enough bloke in real life..but his politics and mine are miles apart...
Politics aside, he is a nice guy

But he used to make me cringe when he would talk British slang all the time

briofoz

Bit of an update. Seems the Sandbox may wind down a little as Tourists from low risk countries are going to be able to enter Thailand without quarantine. The Sandbox has been a success. Some businesses have reopened and others doing OK with some extra customers. Things are looking rosy.

Airlines are announcing more flights, Thai is going to be flying Sydney to Phuket direct (probably more cities), Scoot is resuming Singapore to Phuket.

Meanwhile it seems that many bars are opening but without the outside lights. Jeffrys new bar at the front end of Soi Sea Dragon was packed last night. The annoying pr!ck trying to coax you in is still around or maybe its a new annoying pr!ck. 4 bars open in Soi Sea Dragon. Many others up for rent.

MarcTwoSix

Bit of an update. Seems the Sandbox may wind down a little as Tourists from low risk countries are going to be able to enter Thailand without quarantine. The Sandbox has been a success. Some businesses have reopened and others doing OK with some extra customers. Things are looking rosy.

Airlines are announcing more flights, Thai is going to be flying Sydney to Phuket direct (probably more cities), Scoot is resuming Singapore to Phuket.

Meanwhile it seems that many bars are opening but without the outside lights. Jeffrys new bar at the front end of Soi Sea Dragon was packed last night. The annoying pr!ck trying to coax you in is still around or maybe its a new annoying pr!ck. 4 bars open in Soi Sea Dragon. Many others up for rent.

Come on, you aren't suppose to say something was a success in Thailand!!

Thanks for the on the ground reporting
Good to see a positive report