Post your favorite Thailand pictures ...

U

ub2me

We all must have a pretty large library of pictures taken in Thailand.
Some of them are enjoyable to review over again every once in a while ...

This one I saw a few years back on Stickman's site and always found it amazing ;-)
He made a great shot there in Patts ... what a view.

wabbits

Distantpeak;263 said:
This site is growing faster than I thought... and nice pics lads ;-)
Bet you have the odd good photo DP even the odd one that does not incriminate 5555555

wabbits

^ Nice feel, reminds me of when i lived on the south coast of NSW getting out on a still morning or just before the sun dies.
Very calming.

Quarky

Administrator
wabbits;275 said:
^ Nice feel, reminds me of when i lived on the south coast of NSW getting out on a still morning or just before the sun dies.
Very calming.
It was calming. Reminds me of being back in NZ on a nice summer evening... nothing better than early morning or late evening when the waves are like glass...

wabbits

Distantpeak;277 said:
It was calming. Reminds me of being back in NZ on a nice summer evening... nothing better than early morning or late evening when the waves are like glass...
My early years were in Thames and also we lived up the coast a little Te Puru.
As a kid being down on the beach as the sun came up are memory's that stay only difference it was always cold AM and never shoes.

Quarky

Administrator
wabbits;279 said:
My early years were in Thames and also we lived up the coast a little Te Puru.
As a kid being down on the beach as the sun came up are memory's that stay only difference it was always cold AM and never shoes.
You grew up in NZ? My teenage memories are of summers in Whangamata if you know it?

wabbits

Distantpeak;280 said:
You grew up in NZ? My teenage memories are of summers in Whangamata if you know it?
Yes mate till i was 20 then OZ.
Used to go to Pawanui all the time Coramandel the Mount.
Teen age years Rotorua mostly.
Raced bikes Pukakohe The mount Taupo.
Fished all over the Island was a good place to grow up.
Whangamata remember the pub there and going with dad as a kid, he woked for general foods and drove a truck to there and all over the Coramandel.

Quarky

Administrator
wabbits;299 said:
Yes mate till i was 20 then OZ.
Used to go to Pawanui all the time Coramandel the Mount.
Teen age years Rotorua mostly.
Raced bikes Pukakohe The mount Taupo.
Fished all over the Island was a good place to grow up.
Whangamata remember the pub there and going with dad as a kid, he woked for general foods and drove a truck to there and all over the Coramandel.
And I thought you were a true blue Aussie... 555
I grew up in Auckland but spent a lot of time on the Coromandel and Mt Maunganui. I still love that area...

PatongBeachBoy;303 said:
Ub2me set the bar high....
It's funny, I feel more relaxed out in the rural villages than I do in the tourist resorts... the rural villages sort of reminded me of my homelife growing up as a kid... animals everywhere... and a nice slow pace of life...

U

ub2me

Distantpeak;311 said:
And I thought you were a true blue Aussie... 555
Never been to either AUS or NZ, what's the difference other then both places are far away? ;-)

Quarky

Administrator
ub2me;317 said:
Never been to either AUS or NZ, what's the difference other then both places are far away? ;-)
NZ is slightly colder, slightly quieter, slightly more mountainous... and slightly better at rugby.... and that's it... 555

wabbits

Distantpeak;329 said:
NZ is slightly colder, slightly quieter, slightly more mountainous... and slightly better at rugby.... and that's it... 555
You forgot slightly thecker accent 55555

Where in Auckland were you i lived in royal oak and went to st pauls in ponsonby.

How often do you go home i have not been back to NZ for over 17 years ....bad ex Kiwi5555555

Quarky

Administrator
wabbits;339 said:
You forgot slightly thecker accent 55555

Where in Auckland were you i lived in royal oak and went to st pauls in ponsonby.

How often do you go home i have not been back to NZ for over 17 years ....bad ex Kiwi5555555
I was a West Auckland boy... Henderson. A Westie... 555

I haven't been home for 4 years now... I thought that was bad!