Post your favorite Thailand pictures ...

Rivo

New member
A few pics from around Chiang Mai when the flower festival was on earlier this year.....................





 

Rivo

New member
And from the parade around Chiang Mai when the flower festival was on earlier this year.....................











 

Rivo

New member
These are very common out in rural Thailand, it a Petrol Vending Machine, they have a 44 gallon (205L) drum placed underneath them to supply the fuel...............the price of the fuel is quite expensive, nearly 10 baht a litre more than a proper petrol station...................


 

bacwaan

Well-known member
^ these type of gas vending machines or similar used to be all around the village in Kamala back when I lived there..not sure whether they have survived but I'd say most likely as there is only 1 real servo in town..iirc they were only a baht or 2 more expensive per litre than the servo...but he doesn't exactly give it away being a non-aligned small owner/operater
 

Chob

Moderator
^ Still around , actually more now...

Our gas station is perpetually closing for prayers , Ramadan , Allah smiting the Caananites , whatever...

So they get used.

Cost a baht or two more.

But the ones up in the Hill Tribe towns near Chiang Khong etc were pricey.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Chob;407148 said:
^ Still around , actually more now...

Our gas station is perpetually closing for prayers , Ramadan , Allah smiting the Caananites , whatever...

So they get used.

Cost a baht or two more.

But the ones up in the Hill Tribe towns near Chiang Khong etc were pricey.
One by the HKT airport at 6am is about double!!

But no different anywhere else in the world
 

Rivo

New member
This was the sunset in Wang Nuea last-night, all taken from the same spot in about a 30min time frame.................................








 

bacwaan

Well-known member
a friend of mine sent me this pic just recently..we were first here, Samui, in the mid nineties and came again together twice after that....said he wasn't sure which trip it was from...he had it in a photo album, so digitised it and sent it to me to ask me if I remembered the site/subject....

I had to rack my brain a bit....until I realised that I go past this joint everyday up at the beach (Lamai)....it is the beach front at lamai Inn 99....which has been since built out with more Bungalows, their restaurant and offices...




 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
bacwaan;410612 said:
a friend of mine sent me this pic just recently..we were first here, Samui, in the mid nineties and came again together twice after that....said he wasn't sure which trip it was from...he had it in a photo album, so digitised it and sent it to me to ask me if I remembered the site/subject....

I had to rack my brain a bit....until I realised that I go past this joint everyday up at the beach (Lamai)....it is the beach front at lamai Inn 99....which has been since built out with more Bungalows, their restaurant and offices...

Looks great

I mentioned it in my Cuba TR but I like that Cuba doesn't seem to allow any major building directly on the beach

Some small structures........usually one or two per huge resort
They all have a nice tree line between the resort and beach
 

Chob

Moderator
"Looks great

I mentioned it in my Cuba TR but I like that Cuba doesn't seem to allow any major building directly on the beach

Some small structures........usually one or two per huge resort
They all have a nice tree line between the resort and beach''

Surely a sign of anti-capitalist repression !!
 

RakThai

Well-known member
Rivo;410601 said:
This was the sunset in Wang Nuea last-night, all taken from the same spot in about a 30min time frame.................................








The fight between day and night...
 
Top