Quarantine in Thailand

anmeno

Because I'm hoping that I can travel to Thailand in January I have become a member on a Thailand ASQ hotels group on Facebook.
Today I see this post that say that you have to self quarantine for 14 days after the 16 days in a ASQ Hotel so totally 1 month of quarantine......

I arrived in Bangkok on October 24. I am quarantined at Chor Cher hotel. I will be tested for Covid-19 on Oct 29 and Nov 5. The results will be available the following day. Originally, I was told that guests could use the exercise area and the room would be cleaned after passing the first Covid-19 test. Today, I was told that I came from a high risk country (Portugal) therefore I will not be allowed to use the exercise area nor will the room be cleaned until after passing the second Covid-19 test. That basically means I can not leave the room nor will the room be cleaned until just before I leave on Nov 8. In addition, I am supposed to self quarantine for another 14 days after I leave the hotel. Apparently, these are per the latest Thai government guidelines. Has anyone in other hotels been told about the new guidelines?
I'm also member on a Norwegian forum where one of the members is staying in a ASQ hotel now. His wife has talked to her mother in Buriram and she could tell that the village chief and the health station had received a letter from the "government" that they had to put newly arrived "tourists" in local extra quarantine.

Stillearly

On another forum , a guy and his family arrived last month , he has a work visa , they stayed at the Anantara Riverside , with a balcony overlooking the river ... I don't think it's worth going cheap on a hotel room you are staying in for 14 days .... they reported no issues and went straight to their destination after the 14 days was up

anmeno

On another forum , a guy and his family arrived last month , he has a work visa , they stayed at the Anantara Riverside , with a balcony overlooking the river ... I don't think it's worth going cheap on a hotel room you are staying in for 14 days .... they reported no issues and went straight to their destination after the 14 days was up
Last month you did not have the Koh Samui incident.

Cippy

Yet a French woman turned up positive in Phuket. The quarantine needs to be 20 days for the small percentage that don't show symptoms for 20 days. Otherwise we will see more cases pop up.

anmeno

Yet a French woman turned up positive in Phuket. The quarantine needs to be 20 days for the small percentage that don't show symptoms for 20 days. Otherwise we will see more cases pop up.
That was the Koh Samui incident that I mentioned in post #3

sidvicious

So it wasnt the gym?

RakThai

It's not about showing symptoms, it's about the PCR tests and 14 days quarantine is more than enough.

The problem is that people can get infected while in quarantine by staff...
They use protective gowns, masks and surgical gloves,
but don't change these between contacts with quarantinee's..
So they actually take the virus from one room to the next..

We have the same issues in nursing homes I work for,
but management insists that is just too expensive and impossible to get enough PPE's to change the protocols.

So instead they have started to re-organize the work vertically instead of horizontally (1 caretaker taking care of all activities in one room, instead of one person doing the medication for all, one doing the cleaning, one distributing the food, etc.).
Also washing and disinfecting the gloves between contacts (though not all types of gloves are suitable for this).

Nothing for certain, but it seems to reduce the spread..

bacwaan

It is interesting but not surprising to note that the "French" Woman is actually Thai...married to a Frenchman with houses in both France and Samui..that little snippet of information continues to go unreported here...55

sidvicious

Looks like they might reduce the quarantine time to 10 days.