Quarantine in Thailand

mechime

I have a flex flight booking LHR - BKK for late November, I am triple vaccinated, I booked a 7 night quarantine then cancelled and have a 1 night now but some more hotels were added with more reasonable prices £110 however the first one says they will collect me and I will have the PCR test at their hotel, the second states I will be taken direct to the hospital, tested and then brought to check both to await result; have now asked second one "will I have to queue and what about my luggage?"
Obviously need to monitor the start up problems and change as necessary.

MarcTwoSix

its only one night quarantine , beaches and restaurants will be open , even if bars are closed which I doubt , there's still Thai friendly and Tinder :)
I'm with you....
I think going now or 1st half of next year will be awesome
Enough open if you want to get in trouble

Great prices, not crowded

And if guys want girls, it will be like shooting fish in a barrel!!

I'd gladly hop on a plane now
But have to wait until late April
But I still think it will be relatively quiet

OZZYGUY

I'm with you....
I think going now or 1st half of next year will be awesome
Enough open if you want to get in trouble

Great prices, not crowded

And if guys want girls, it will be like shooting fish in a barrel!!

I'd gladly hop on a plane now
But have to wait until late April
But I still think it will be relatively quiet
I agree, plus by 2023 the girls would be flogged out....55

If my business sells before Christmas we are rethinking our plans and may head to CM for a extended holiday.

Bacon

Administrator
its only one night quarantine , beaches and restaurants will be open , even if bars are closed which I doubt , there's still Thai friendly and Tinder :)
I like the atmosphere. I'd want things to be buzzing again before I go. Doesnt take Thais long to setup shop again though, so everything could be back to "normal" much sooner.

Interested to see how the deck has been reshuffled. Especially with Brian and the Nightwish Group.

Nomad

Flights booked for end December for a couple of weeks in Phuket. Flights were expensive yet no different than they would have been if I booked less than 2 months before peak season.

Process all seems pretty straight forward. PCR test in Australia is 2 days prior. The airport has a service which is $150 and results within an hour, whereas standard 24 hour results is ~$200 through a pathology or $300 through a doctor with results same day.

On arrival at HKT, another test and then the hotel car pick up. Isolate in the hotel room for a few hours awaiting the result, then right to go. I will get to the hotel about midday, so that works well...nap, dinner, then freedom! I think I have to do a self test a few days later. I was contemplating taking some self test kits anyway.

This is under "test and go", yet most countries seem to be under these rules (sorry Pete). I think the test costs in Phuket are around 3000 baht, but will work that out later. There are online forms to complete, but doesn't seem like much of a deal. I booked and paid for the hotel directly, and just waiting for the paperwork from them and I will then upload everything.

Same deal on departure. PCR test a couple of days prior. However, I can feel a sore throat coming on and may have to stay longer. 555

kaptainrob

Administrator
Flights booked for end December for a couple of weeks in Phuket. Flights were expensive yet no different than they would have been if I booked less than 2 months before peak season.

Process all seems pretty straight forward. PCR test in Australia is 2 days prior. The airport has a service which is $150 and results within an hour, whereas standard 24 hour results is ~$200 through a pathology or $300 through a doctor with results same day.

On arrival at HKT, another test and then the hotel car pick up. Isolate in the hotel room for a few hours awaiting the result, then right to go. I will get to the hotel about midday, so that works well...nap, dinner, then freedom! I think I have to do a self test a few days later. I was contemplating taking some self test kits anyway.

This is under "test and go", yet most countries seem to be under these rules (sorry Pete). I think the test costs in Phuket are around 3000 baht, but will work that out later. There are online forms to complete, but doesn't seem like much of a deal. I booked and paid for the hotel directly, and just waiting for the paperwork from them and I will then upload everything.

Same deal on departure. PCR test a couple of days prior. However, I can feel a sore throat coming on and may have to stay longer. 555
Stay up to date with the Thailand Pass changes as they occur to save you any nail-biting prior to departure. Thaiger has several sections devoted to the issues as well as News updates like this > https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/7...hailand-pass-and-some-rumours/#comment-103808

That SYD airport test is a good thing, especially with mooted changes to the 72hr window. May not be long before other hub airports offer a similar service.

Nomad

Stay up to date with the Thailand Pass changes as they occur to save you any nail-biting prior to departure. Thaiger has several sections devoted to the issues as well as News updates like this > https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/7...hailand-pass-and-some-rumours/#comment-103808

That SYD airport test is a good thing, especially with mooted changes to the 72hr window. May not be long before other hub airports offer a similar service.
Thanks for the link. I expect I will lodge everything next week, and then let it sit for a while. No use sweating changes till closer to the flight. Singapore is 48 hours now, and I will be transiting, so that will be my requirement. I can't see PCR tests moving to anything shorter than 48 hours although doable in an hour at Melbourne and Sydney airports. However, a rapid test (i.e. in addition) on the day may become a thing, although false positives would be a challenge.

Nomad

Nomad how will you go coming back into Australia?

and what airport are you flying out of.
Melbourne.

PCR test on arrival and a certificate of entry coming back into Vic.

Send me a smoke signal from your WA cave and I will ask the pilot to dip the wings as a wave back.

Quarky

Administrator
Meanwhile as the rest of the world seemingly starts to open up, Europe might be heading back into lockdowns... Netherlands first to instigate a new lockdown as cases start to surge again in Europe... Austra next and then probably a domino effect elsewhere.. apart from the UK..

UK cases have been so high throughout that our numbers aren't rising... Probably because so many people have already had it... 55

Nomad

Just have to go straight home and wait for a negative test result.
Just had a proper look through the rules Ozzy. Looks like a long list, but pretty simple. Get a PCR test within 24 hours and another at day 5 to 7. The link takes you to all the free testing sites, so that is good also. Only other relevant point is staying away from aged care. I was going avoid this for a week or so regardless as a precaution.
===========================================
After you arrive in Australia:

• You need to get a COVID-19 PCR test within 24 hours and between day 5 and 7 after entering Victoria.
  • You are not required to quarantine.
  • If you are aged 12 years and above and fully vaccinated, you must not visit schools, childcare, aged care residential facilities, disability care facilities or hospitals (other than to receive urgent medical care) for 7 days after you enter Victoria from overseas and until you have received a negative COVID-19 PCR result from your day 5-7 test.
  • If you are aged below 12 years, you must:
    • not visit schools for 7 days after you enter Victoria from overseas and until you have received a negative COVID-19 PCR result from your day 5-7 test, and
    • not visit childcare, aged care residential facilities, disability care facilities or hospitals (other than to receive urgent medical care) for 14 days after you enter Victoria from overseas.
  • You need to carry evidence for 14 days and be able to show to authorities:
    • your vaccination status (not required for children under 12)
    • proof of ID
    • evidence of your COVID-19 PCR tests taken within 24 hours and day 5-7 after arrival in Victoria
    • international passenger arrival permit from Service Victoria.
  • Comply with all public health Directions in place.

OZZYGUY

Mmm that I could live with......WA still behind I think........ I really want to go in Dec a few things pending.