"Tourist" Visa crackdown ??

Cippy

Mr. Smiley;247951 said:
Looks like that only applies to the Cambodian check points... pretty sure it's still business as usually everywhere else.
Mmm, yeah, I almost got turned away from the very quiet Tha lii friendship bridge to Laos almost a year ago as I mentioned before. But then is was just an issue of doing four in a row. Not too hard to make it to Vientiane if you live in the north, we just got lazy when we were taking care of the baby. I'll never try that again. 55

Mr. Smiley

Moo Uaon;247980 said:
^ i got a mate that got turned away from Vientiane for too many double entry TV's from there.
From what I understand Vientiane is or was starting to get a bit uppity with the paperwork (three months ago)... Savannahket was still lenient... but not sure about post-bombing though.

Cippy

Moo Uaon;247980 said:
^ i got a mate that got turned away from Vientiane for too many double entry TV's from there.
Well, not an issue for me for a decade at least. :D

Nice thing about having a Luuk Krung is you get can extend the tourist visa 60 days, then another 30. Maybe 2.5 time a year wouldn't be too much.

Cippy

Mr. Smiley;247986 said:
From what I understand Vientiane is or was starting to get a bit uppity with the paperwork (three months ago)... Savannahket was still lenient... but not sure about post-bombing though.
Last time I was there, the wife asked after I turned in the paperwork about a Marriage visa and they indicated they would have given me one without any extras normally needed. I didn't trust her answer, but she was a clerk there. Probably depends on who gets your paperwork.

Moo Uaon

Cippy;247987 said:
Well, not an issue for me for a decade at least. :D

Nice thing about having a Luuk Krung is you get can extend the tourist visa 60 days, then another 30. Maybe 2.5 time a year wouldn't be too much.
his were back to back multi entries for many years.

yours would have with work in between?

what paperwork did you need to show for "luek krung" extensions?

Cippy

Moo Uaon;248087 said:
his were back to back multi entries for many years.

yours would have with work in between?

what paperwork did you need to show for "luek krung" extensions?
No, that was last year when I had no work, so I was in country over a year.

I don't remember exactly what I had to show. We always has the baby with us. So I just held her up and pointed, let the wife did the talking. 555

I know it was the birth cert and the house book the kid is in and a couple other things, like maybe my Thai address.

Moo Uaon

yeah,house book and original birth cert. makes sense.

don't know about shoving a kid in their face though...could be anyones 55

Cippy

Moo Uaon;248094 said:
yeah,house book and original birth cert. makes sense.

don't know about shoving a kid in their face though...could be anyones 55
555, my kid was pretty Obviously mine.

They knew me pretty well, it is a very small office in Leoi Province, it's up in Chian Khan.

The first time I went I didn't the paperwork I need to prove my Thai address and they wanted me to drive the 3 hour round trip to get what I needed. They ended up filling everything out and let us sign the landlords name, we had a copy of her house book and ID anyway. It was nice of them to bend the rules for me. That most likely would not happen in the Phuket office.

Moo Uaon

Cippy;248096 said:
The first time I went I didn't the paperwork I need to prove my Thai address and they wanted me to drive the 3 hour round trip to get what I needed..
so a certificate of residency too? meaning you weren't in the house book?
i'm in one of ours....blue one,i think.

Cippy

Moo Uaon;248097 said:
so a certificate of residency too? meaning you weren't in the house book?
i'm in one of ours....blue one,i think.
Something like that, we filled out a form that was supposed to be filled out by the landlord. What I got was a slip of paper I was was to keep in my passport. But it wasn't a normal blue book . They blue book we had to show was the one my daughter was in, the in-laws house. I had to have that slip of paper and whatever they had in their records.

So very confusing.

S

Seven_

I think having kids and being of a similar age to your wife helps a lot, I have never had any problems getting an extension or visits from them.