Raming Lodge Hotel Review

supersub

Stillearly;327459 said:
Yes it is, good location , ensure he asks for a room with a king size bed , I ended up with two singles pushed together

Hate it when they do that. Totally ruins the snuggling. 5555

I've had lots of good times in Chiang Mai and literally all of them I've stayed in Raming Lodge. They have a good live singer on in the evenings too. Not sure if he's still there but was a few years ago. Not far from the action too if he's looking for company.

Stillearly

supersub;327468 said:
Hate it when they do that. Totally ruins the snuggling. 5555

I've had lots of good times in Chiang Mai and literally all of them I've stayed in Raming Lodge. They have a good live singer on in the evenings too. Not sure if he's still there but was a few years ago. Not far from the action too if he's looking for company.
Good burger bar downstairs now , milkshakes to die for

supersub

A chiang mai trip is long overdue. Only problem is my next high season trip will be in Feb. I've never been to the north during the burning season so was just going to avoid it.

Quarky

Administrator
NOMIS;327449 said:
Guessing this was and still is guest friendly, my brother is staying here soon.
You have a brother? Or brother in law? ..55

Any Thai trips coming up for you.. or are you retired now?

N

NOMIS

Distantpeak;327482 said:
You have a brother? Or brother in law? ..55

Any Thai trips coming up for you.. or are you retired now?
Few years younger, he's in China at moment then going to Chiang Mai alone for nearly a week.
I've retired, off to Amsterdam and Prague on Sunday for a week..

Stillearly

NOMIS;327507 said:
Few years younger, he's in China at moment then going to Chiang Mai alone for nearly a week.
I've retired, off to Amsterdam and Prague on Sunday for a week..
Watch the taxis over there especially around Wenselas Sq , it's been a few years but this place used to be the best K5relax - Night club in Prague, stag party night, girls in Prague

( dont go for the moon room , it's hard to get decent purchase on a water bed .., ;) )

looks like a good guide page https://www.inyourpocket.com/prague/adult-entertainment

OZZYGUY

Stillearly;327473 said:
Good burger bar downstairs now , milkshakes to die for
I'm not much of a burger eater but those burgers are really good, last month had one while having my foot massage across the road.

Will be back next month for another will give the shakes a try.

N

NOMIS

Anyone in Chiang Mai at the moment? Anyone seen a nutter on a crf 250. He's been up in the mountains, came across what looks like a temple and a bunch of people in a circle with flags playing instruments.. weird.

Rockitt

I've just booked for 4 nights in Chiang Mai staying at the Raming Lodge. I didn't have a clue where to stay but that name kept cropping up on many of the Thai sites so I'll give it a try.

Stillearly

Rockitt;339808 said:
I've just booked for 4 nights in Chiang Mai staying at the Raming Lodge. I didn't have a clue where to stay but that name kept cropping up on many of the Thai sites so I'll give it a try.
Great location :)

Moo Uaon

Beds are huge there as well as the rooms. Good choice.
The beds might be 2 doubles pushed together.

Rockitt

Had some replies about GF hotels. 3 said yes, Raming Lodge, Nap Chiangmai and Thapae Loft all confirmed by email. The Imperial Mae Ping wanted 1000bht.

RakThai

Rockitt;339881 said:
Had some replies about GF hotels. 3 said yes, Raming Lodge, Nap Chiangmai and Thapae Loft all confirmed by email. The Imperial Mae Ping wanted 1000bht.
For maid services? 555

Rockitt

I found the reply emails to be quiet formal really but the one from Raming Lodge was very welcoming, almost inviting me to bring back company. I hope I've picked the right place 555.

PeteGill

Not stayed there myself as I have my own little favourite place that I keep on going back to. But Ramming lodge seems to have a good reputation and is ideally situated. Close to the bar area's and the Old City.
Good choice if you ask me.

Rockitt

Quite impressed with this hotel and Chiangmai in general. I ended up in a standard room with a full size bed facing the back corner of the hotel. Nice and peaceful. The room is a good size with a large shower area. Breakfast is good and the burgers from the Rock Me bar are delicious. Surrounded by massage shops but I think I hit the jackpot in the one opposite.
The hotel is busy but I’d say 75% are Chinese. In fact, they are everywhere in Chiangmai.