Random Foodie Stuff

Dupree

I'm back in Rome for 3 more nights. I'm at a trattoria that I visited 16 yrs ago. Dino & Tony's. It's still exactly the same. The brothers are still alive. It's old school. Roast pig with potatoes. And the freshest bread I've been served all month. And...next door to my hotel is Beatles night. With live band. This should be a hoot...😀

20220922_130411.jpg20220922_123325.jpg

Quarky

Administrator
Back in the USSR should be a hoot!

Were you mainly down south or did you get up near the Alps?

MarcTwoSix

I really felt like a leper when my group tour ended. Especially in Minori, Amalfi Coast. For three days I was subjected to the worst table discrimination because I was alone. Mostly put way in the back. Away from couples and groups. And I don't think they appreciated that I didn't order appetizers. That's too much food for me. Unfortunately tipping is not required in Italy. That was my only hope of any pay back...55
They can be a bunch of cunts in Italy

People talk about France being assholes but I found Italians not to be all that great a lot of times when I was in Italy

Bacon

Administrator
They can be a bunch of cunts in Italy

People talk about France being assholes but I found Italians not to be all that great a lot of times when I was in Italy
Is some of that people just being direct though? We get the same thing about South Africans here, but I really like them.

As for Dupree's payback... just leave food behind on the plate.. That's rude, and says it wasn't good. Easier said than done though 555

Bacon

Administrator
Ummm......you think I have a problem with direct people???

Have you been reading my posts all these years? 5555
Lapse in judgement on my part. 😄

I know they're pricks though. I've got first hand stories from my Italian mates. They can be even worse in the little villages and towns apparently. Like real low brow, ignorant fucks.

Quarky

Administrator
So... where do the nice people live?

Italians are flash cnuts
French are arrogant cnuts
Germans are efficient cnuts
Canadians are quiet cnuts
Americans are loud cnuts
British are just cnuts...

Dupree

In Bologna the restaurant owner was like the mean Greek owner that Belushi played on SNL. I didn't like the table he wanted to give me. So I said no thanks. He yelled back at I was leaving his sight to come back. I watched him abuse his staff all night. But the food was great. I took the meatballs home..

20220918_113352.jpg

MarcTwoSix

Lapse in judgement on my part. 😄

I know they're pricks though. I've got first hand stories from my Italian mates. They can be even worse in the little villages and towns apparently. Like real low brow, ignorant fucks.
I stayed in my friend Rocco's small village

They were awesome but absolutely mad fuckers!

Cousins and Uncles almost fighting who would have us for dinner that night

It was a wild 3 days in that little village 555