retdent, pasang house build

retdent

It has been a while and we have now been living in the house since the beginning of April. The usual furnishing of house to comfortable level has been done. I have delayed posting since I could not work out how to post photos since photobucket stopped third party use. I deleted all of the photos from the photobucket account. Having a look at this thread now, all of the photos are gone. It will make for a pretty boring read for anybody new to the forum or anybody else looking back on it. I guess that is the price for non-literate computer people like myself.

There have been no major problems with the house thus far, a few surface cracks (mainly from corners) that I think will fill in with a new coat of paint. I will leave that until after the rainy season and when the weather is cooler. I shall do the painting myself to preserve sanity. We had two water leaks from the roof, one on the southern end where on the gable end with strong southerly and heavy rain, water tracked down the inside and leaked into the bedroom. No problem, SCG came and rectified that. A month or so later a much more serious one into the laundry; thankfully the slope of the floor which was pre-planned allowed for it to drain out under the door and outside. This time the cause was a build up of debris on the roof which was left behind, caused a dam wall and water build up. While it was coming through the ceiling, I sourced and marked the area of concern. Again SGC sorted it out. Happy to report that we have had some absolute deluges since and remained leak free.

Noi has had about a dozen small (3cu. m.) trucks deliver soil for the front gardens. Most of this has been spread according to her wishes with no thought for the future and planted out. With all of the rain this year, with no borders, the edges have extended onto where the paths would be. Plants being planted too close have been moved on a few occassions. I have taken the view that it is easier to go with the flow than to argue the point, I ain't going to win. The front yard tends to get a big pool of water. I have dug a large retaining pit, filled it with blue metal and at the top have a two inch pipe away to the main drain that was placed by the Tessaban last year. We can now have a swimming pool that is drained within thirty minutes of the rain stopping.

Replacement of the front fence and a new gate is the other project that has been on-going. The fence work took three separate crews. This was probably due to them realising that they did not know what they were doing, was going to take longer than anticipated, thus poor daily income, or deciding harvesting lamyai was more important. The first crew that did the metal work did not get paid at all. The last crew never completed what they were supposed to do, probably did not know how to get the polished streaky colour effect on the render. In the end I accepted what they gave. The gate work has been completed and if all goes well the gates will be fitted tomorrow and motor and remotes will come on Monday.

The pantry was left bare by the builder and I finally got off my bum this week and started doing the shelving. I sourced most of my materials at Index in CM and Do Home. Index never had enough materials in stock, so some has been placed on order. In a bit over a weeks time I will hopefully have received the shelving and finish off the two remaining ones.

Now to try some photos. These have not turned out in the sequence that I wanted, You can work it out. On my excavation for the sump pond, I found a round brick structure; any suggestions, old well, toilet?

OZZYGUY

Im back in June ish will be great to see the difference since last trip. Garden should have taken well by then even if its over crowded...55

Its a shame the photo bucket photos are gone. I also used them and havent posted a photo since it changed.

Rivo

Looking good Dave, can you post a few pics when the gates/fence are completed ?

As far as photobucket and their decision to stop providing there free service is very poor form. The prices they are asking to keep an account are ridiculous IMO..............surly they could of just asked for a small maintenance fee ?..............They have ruined the history of many forums with their sudden decision.

Chob

Rivo;337758 said:

As far as photobucket and their decision to stop providing there free service is very poor form. The prices they are asking to keep an account are ridiculous IMO..............surly they could of just asked for a small maintenance fee ?..............They have ruined the history of many forums with their sudden decision.
Yes they have ruined lots of peoples 'history'.
Funnily enough , I never believed any of these outfits would last forever without demanding payment once they had you committed.
All my pics are on external hard drives as a result.

Nice work retdent !

Ian Forbes

Chob;337777 said:
Yes they have ruined lots of peoples 'history'.
Funnily enough , I never believed any of these outfits would last forever without demanding payment once they had you committed.
All my pics are on external hard drives as a result.

Nice work retdent !
I learned that lesson the hard way, a long time ago. I've got backups to my backups.

retdent

Ian Forbes;337745 said:
Looking great. I hope to have a visit when I return in November.
So long as we are home, you (and others) are welcome. In November. I will be away until the twenty fifth.

retdent

Chob;337777 All my pics are on external hard drives [/QUOTE said:
Yes I have them and many others on laptop as well as external hard drive. If I can ever work our how to get reasonable sized pics onto the forum, If I ever get extremely bored I may wade through the thread and re-install. It would make for better reading for someone that never followed the thread as it was in progress.

retdent

Rivo;337758 said:
As requested, installed today but not yet finished, motor and bike/pedestrian door finished on Monday. Pics only ha sip ha sip.

All metal construction, stainless/aluminium.

Moo Uaon

retdent;337812 said:
As requested, installed today but not yet finished, motor and bike/pedestrian door finished on Monday. Pics only ha sip ha sip.

All metal construction, stainless/aluminium.
i started using https://imgur.com/

you can drag a whole batch of pics from your HD and drop them in there in one go. will take a bit of time to download if you have a lot.

Moo Uaon

retdent;337946 said:
Imgur not working for me.
in what way? have you uploaded pics to it?
to get the address of pics in there i had to right click on the pic and select "copy image address" then use the pic icon on the editor here to post them. little bit different to photobucket

D

Deleted member 133(Obes)

Moo Uaon;337947 said:
to get the address of pics in there i had to right click on the pic and select "copy image address" then use the pic icon on the editor here to post them. little bit different to photobucket
I'm having problems with the Imgur interface with this site. I copy the image, open the insert image box and it tells me the file is too big ?

Moo Uaon

do you right click on the image in imgur? that's the only way i can get it to work properly.
when you open the image box on the editor here you have to untick the little box below the address too...remote file or sommink or other.

untick "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

D

Deleted member 133(Obes)

^^^ Yeah - once I unticked that stupid box it worked, found it by fluke !

retdent

Moo Uaon;337947 said:
I have tried uploading to it by copy and paste as well as drag and drop but they fail to upload. When I right click on the picture I do not have the "copy image address" option.

I am hopeless with anything to do with computers apart from turning them on.

I will try again later, maybe I have to wait a while before the site allows me to upload.