retdent, pasang house build

bacwaan

wow..the house has flourished under plantings Dave...gardens really do make houses homes..Chok Dee to you and Mrs Dave..a great project done and dusted...and now blessed

retdent

chelski;351477 said:
All Looks great, what are those purple flowers in the 3rd last picture.
They are a great colour
They are orchids. Noi and her nieces spent a whole day making a peacock for the front entrance for the house party. (I told her that in future, she should study some bird anatomy and try and place the tail in the correct place).The whole tail was fresh orchids, loooked good and lasted about 5 days.

retdent

Thanks Kaptain for the photos, did not know that they were going up but I did say that picture posting had become more difficult (another thread on how to do, started by M26, iirc.)

I cannot take any of the credit for the gardens. Noi drew out on large sheets of paper how she envisaged the garden, what plants and where, and moved them heaps of times. Had some really good visits to the plant market in CM, near Tesco Lotus on super highway. I did some of the labour work but Noi did plenty too; moved several truck loads of dirt on her own while I was away in OZ for a month or so. I even came back to a large palm in the garden, no idea what that cost and I don't want to know,55. All up she has done a great job and I agree with you all, it looks good.

As I have said before, if any of you guys are up this way or coming up, come for a visit.

Ian Forbes

Send me an address with GPS co-ordinates and I will find you. Send via private message if that is better. I'm in Chiang Mai until the end of March.

kaptainrob

Administrator
OZZYGUY;351544 said:
She loves your garden....She will be coming this trip.
We'll have to arrange a day out and include lunch at Suksatan Cafe ... Dave and Noy's latest find in Lamphun and best Thai restaurant ever!

OZZYGUY

kaptainrob;351550 said:
We'll have to arrange a day out and include lunch at Suksatan Cafe ... Dave and Noy's latest find in Lamphun and best Thai restaurant ever!
Yes for sure mate, we are traveling with some other frends but we have already told them we will be dumping them a few days to catch up with CM friends....55

Very nice looking property fella and lovely couples as well. Maybe next year when I plan on being an expat I can catch up with you folk.

retdent

1080;351572 said:
Very nice looking property fella and lovely couples as well. Maybe next year when I plan on being an expat I can catch up with you folk.
I will be looking forward to it 1080, would be great to meet the three of you and talk some farming/grazing.

Z

Zablive

Well done Dave!
(you still will need a bigger garage 555!)

What you seem to have avoided is my pet hate about Thai builders.

Why can't they lay pipes before they pour the concrete - then dig it up 2 days later.
Just watched this happen to a brand new carport/drive opposite.

Ian Forbes

retdent;351731 said:
I will be looking forward to it 1080, would be great to meet the three of you and talk some farming/grazing.
I was planning on coming out for a visit until a big truck drove over my already broken foot and mashed all the toes. I had to cut a sandal up just so I can get around. Might be a few more weeks before I can get my foot in a shoe.

Chob

Zablive;355877 said:
Well done Dave!
(you still will need a bigger garage 555!)

What you seem to have avoided is my pet hate about Thai builders.

Why can't they lay pipes before they pour the concrete - then dig it up 2 days later.
Just watched this happen to a brand new carport/drive opposite.
One tip Ive always recommended on a new build -
Wherever you will have paths , drives or slabs , take at least one length of plastic hollow pipe , run fishing line thru it and squash each end of the line as it protrudes out of the pipe with end caps. Throw that under the slab to be poured so it sticks out either side.
Let em pour!

Now when you you have need for a water pipe , or elec cable to cross the slab , it can be pulled thru underneath..