Royal Barge Procession in Oct

bacwaan

I've seen it once..when the old King was alive..it was absolutely spectacular...and he passed by in his barge not far from where we were standing...TG I was with at the time near weeeed her panties...555

seriously though..it was the single best cultural event I have ever been to in LoS...

Rivo

^ Would you attend the official Procession Nels or would one of the trials be sufficient ?

bacwaan

^ I'd definitely aim for the big jobbie Gav...it is absolutely spectacular...but if you can't make that yeah, have a crack at one of the trials....they are less crowded...

I am sure Paer would love you for it....it really strikes to the heart of Thai people, I saw many people so overcome with pride they were crying in sheer awe (or is that oar..555) of it...such a beautiful ceremony

Ian Forbes

I've visited the Royal barges and took photos when they were at dock, but I've never seen them out on the water. Thais do seem to enjoy their official ceremonies. I try to avoid them like the plague.

Rockitt

I’m hoping to return to Thailand in October so I’ll pencil that event in. Thanks SE.

Bawdy

I've just extended my October trip and will be in Pattaya, might be tempted to have a BKK side trip.