Samui to Surat Thani Airport

M

meese

Guest
perhaps in a strange way bkk air and thai air high prices is what is saving samui from becoming a patong.... ....does seem to keep a lot of the riff raff away..
 

PeteGill

Well-known member
Distantpeak;146351 said:
Took me years to make it there.... 555

Me and the Russians... 55
Give the number of body builders and MMA types I am not so sure it is all class....
 
M

meese

Guest
Distantpeak;146351 said:
Took me years to make it there.... 555

Me and the Russians... 55
the russians are everwhere 55555.even got them here(but not as tourists yet 555).it also took me years to come back....was having to much of a good time at the mtb 55555....
but as a general statement samui does not seem to attract the package holiday group as much as patong...
 

Moo Uaon

Well-known member
Moo Uaon;145739 said:
You can ferry to ST via the Lipa Noi pier too.

AirAsia use that one and not the Don Sak one.Cuts a lot of road time out.

Surat Thani To Koh Samui Ferry - Price & Timetable, Thailand
Here it is here. Not that quick but it's much more relaxing than a van trip with a Thai driver...

A fast connection
New connection of "express", air-conditioned, fast boat, only 2-2.30 hours from Suratthani city (Bandon) to Nathon's port.
It avoids you riding bus 1 hour from Surat Thani to Donsak.

Kohsamui-Info - Travel by boat - Timetables and crossings to Samui, Koh Phan-Ngan and Koh Tao fares - Thailand
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Moo Uaon;186290 said:
It's getting even better starting from Nov 1 :)

To be honest......the van to ferry to Samui wasn't bad at all
They have it all timed where you are not waiting at all and it even liked like the ferry waits for the vans to arrive
I waited about 2 minutes before Ferry left
 

Moo Uaon

Well-known member
^ yeah. Not having to go via Bangkok sweetens the deal just that little more for me and hopefully even cheaper again than 2 flights...CNX>DMT>Surat Thani.
 

Moo Uaon

Well-known member
AirAsia now offering flights to Khanom via nearby NST airport.



It's a very quiet laid back destination not for mongering.

It would be a nice little destination to incorporate with a trip to Samui for anyone looking for some peace and quiet.....and pink dolphins 55
 

bacwaan

Well-known member
^ so I am guessing you mean that is that a land transfer (minibus) from NST to Khanom Lew...only a shortish ride

I have a mate coming down from Chiang Mai on the direct flight to Surat with bus/ferry transfers to samui early next month..I'll post this thoughts on this service

at 3600 baht return right through to Lipa Noi (ferry pier on Samui)...that's a great price...in fact its cheaper than a one way flight to BKK on BKK airways....I will return the favour once the Peak Season has come and gone
 

Moo Uaon

Well-known member
Yeah bus transfer to Khanom.
Had a look on Google maps and it's about an hour to CC Beach bar from NST airport....only 13k's less than Surat Thani!

bacwaan;190639 said:
I have a mate coming down from Chiang Mai on the direct flight to Surat with bus/ferry transfers to samui early next month..I'll post this thoughts on this service
Certainly much more appealing from CM now.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
bacwaan;190639 said:
^ so I am guessing you mean that is that a land transfer (minibus) from NST to Khanom Lew...only a shortish ride

I have a mate coming down from Chiang Mai on the direct flight to Surat with bus/ferry transfers to samui early next month..I'll post this thoughts on this service

at 3600 baht return right through to Lipa Noi (ferry pier on Samui)...that's a great price...in fact its cheaper than a one way flight to BKK on BKK airways....I will return the favour once the Peak Season has come and gone
I'd imagine it will go well because they would have their own shuttle, I assume?

My shuttle to pier from Surat Thani was great and that was just the regular one, not a charter that would be timed to the flight arrival
 

bacwaan

Well-known member
^ not sure about AA owning their own shuttles..but yeah you would at leat hope they have a big say in how they are run...the ferries are very good at sticking to their schedules (on the hour) so one would hope they link up well

TBH I can't see it taking much longer than the 2 hrs minimum you would require to connect at SUV if taking a BKK Airlines flight....ferry trip is 1hr 20 and shuttle about 50 mins iirc..its a similar-ish distance to Lamai from the ferry port or air port
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
bacwaan;190690 said:
^ not sure about AA owning their own shuttles..but yeah you would at leat hope they have a big say in how they are run...the ferries are very good at sticking to their schedules (on the hour) so one would hope they link up well

TBH I can't see it taking much longer than the 2 hrs minimum you would require to connect at SUV if taking a BKK Airlines flight....ferry trip is 1hr 20 and shuttle about 50 mins iirc..its a similar-ish distance to Lamai from the ferry port or air port
I was very impressed with the whole thing when I did it
 
Top