Schengen Visa for Thai girl

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
I assume this will not be an issue for us, given my wife's travel history.

But has anyone applied for a Schengen Visa for their TG?

Just wondering if the process was simple enough..........it seems so
 

Sydney

New member
I haven't but would really like to do parts of Europe at some stage .. have only being to Amsterdam to date

But it would be a great trip for JK and a real learning path for her ... i feel TG's dont seem to know much at all about Europe .. well not much about anyway really, but this part of the world is so steeped in History, JK also had a very close friend in Germany that we want to visit..

Is the Visa costing much and how long for ?
 
Z

Zablive

Guest
This is one area which ThaiGeezer can be helpful.

Hasn't Ao been through this before Paulie?
 
N

Nubbins

Guest
Moo Uaon;221435 said:
Schengen is Europe?

do you have to be a citizen there to get one for your partner?
We're only talking about a tourist visa aren't we? Not a partner visa.
 

Sydney

New member
Moo Uaon;221435 said:
Schengen is Europe?

do you have to be a citizen there to get one for your partner?
Schengen covers i think about 26 border-less countries in Europe, so one visa for all 26 .... or is it 22 not sure

Edit: here we go

Schengen Visa Countries List
Austria
Belgium
Czech republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
It would be just a tourist visa
We apply at the embassy of the 1st country we will visit or the country we plan to stay in the longest and it covers all the rest
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Sydney;221418 said:
I haven't but would really like to do parts of Europe at some stage .. have only being to Amsterdam to date

But it would be a great trip for JK and a real learning path for her ... i feel TG's dont seem to know much at all about Europe .. well not much about anyway really, but this part of the world is so steeped in History, JK also had a very close friend in Germany that we want to visit..

Is the Visa costing much and how long for ?
One of Ao's best TG friends lives in France and is married to a great guy.
So we plan on doing France, Prague(Ao's dream city) then Barcelona and Madrid( some of my dream cities)
I might even shoot down to Budapest or Vienna by train from Prague

So we'd apply at the French consulate.

I was just wondering if anyone else had done it

Cost is not that much, 100cad or so
 

jontymate

Active member
Lazy way if she is not a citizen of the US or Canada, From LOS 15,000 baht visa agent plus embassy costs ~6-7 K. I can only speak for entry via greece, germany, switzerland and sweden. Switzerland was a little more lax than the others.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
jontymate;221461 said:
Lazy way if she is not a citizen of the US or Canada, From LOS 15,000 baht visa agent plus embassy costs ~6-7 K. I can only speak for entry via greece, germany, switzerland and sweden. Switzerland was a little more lax than the others.
She can apply in Vancouver and it is only about 2200baht
 

anmeno

Well-known member
MarcTwoSix;221507 said:
She can apply in Vancouver and it is only about 2200baht
He said "lazy way" but I would call it the stupid way, why pay someone money to do this, just follow the steps on this web page Tourist Schengen Visa - Schengen VISA Information

Tourist travel (no visit to any relatives/friends)

-The applicants bank statement (preferably for the last 6 months)
-The detailed itinerary of the traveling days in the Schengen Zone, hotel reservations or a formal invitation letter by a resident of a Schengen country.

Depending on the embassy/consulate that you will be applying to, they might require additional documents to assure the request and the information are genuine, as for example, some embassies/consulates require a certificate that proves you have no legal issues pending or a criminal record. As, you must personally hand the documentation at the previously made appointment (as usually it is required), the person in charge at the embassy/consulate will notify you if there is any additional documentation needed and the nature of that documentation.
 

toddmeister

New member
Never tried getting one for my Mrs yet (living in UK). We fancied nipping over to Spain but from some feedback given by thai/farang couples over here it can be a bit hit n miss depending on which embassy you're dealing with and the Spanish one apparently can be a little arsy so we didn't bother in the end.

I believe you may need to have a certified translation (by the Thai MFA) of your Thai marriage certificate to submit with the application. Maybe you already have that? We have a translation which we used for my wife's UK spouse visa but we never had it certified by the MFA. Think a Thai Embassy in your country can do it if it is a requirement of the Shengen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
toddmeister;221648 said:
Never tried getting one for my Mrs yet (living in UK). We fancied nipping over to Spain but from some feedback given by thai/farang couples over here it can be a bit hit n miss depending on which embassy you're dealing with and the Spanish one apparently can be a little arsy so we didn't bother in the end.

I believe you may need to have a certified translation (by the Thai MFA) of your Thai marriage certificate to submit with the application. Maybe you already have that? We have a translation which we used for my wife's UK spouse visa but we never had it certified by the MFA. Think a Thai Embassy in your country can do it if it is a requirement of the Shengen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks
We have all that
To be honest..........I am not concerned with the visa being approved because of her travel history
She lives and worked in Canada for 5 years now
She has a 10 year US visitor visa
She has travelled many other countries and we can provide plenty of financial proof

Plus we'd have an invite from a citizen of France.........the country we'd be applying to for the visa

Surprised you guys heard of issues for spouses in UK
 
Top