SEA Misc Travel Discussion

Quarky

Administrator
Ooh thanks for that. Been looking for something like this.

I've actually been told that tour guides are well worth it. They take you to little local eateries, and sort of places you'd never find on your own or in touristy areas. Gives you an experience that no tourist finds. I might actually look at this.
There seems to be quite a few sites offering similar...

This girl looks European?

Bacon

Administrator
How far north does he take you? ...55
Seoul is 23kms away from the border. It's a 15 minute drive.

They say one of the reasons South Koreans are such big drinkers and party animals is because of the threat of annihilation hanging over their heads, so they make the most of everyday. You take that for what you think it's worth, but there's probably a grain of truth to it.

sidvicious

There are some women on this site... they even cater to Russians. ;)

Bloody millenials always need someone to hold their hand.555
In the good old days we had no internet and little money but we saw it all😉

Quarky

Administrator
I'm glad we didn't have internet... I'd never have toured Yugoslavia knowing a civil war was imminent!

Quarky

Administrator
I was in belfast in 1994.Heard the shootings and goings on.Decided to get the fuck out of there.😆
In 1990 we gave a lift to three Aussies. Took them from London to Manchester. Then saw them a few weeks later. Asked them about their trip to Belfast. They got a guided tour of an IRA underground bunker! Like a movie they were blindfolded before being taken there. Apparently a cousin of one of them was in the IRA. I didn't let them back in our van... 55

Bacon

Administrator
Normally I wouldn't have it any other way. For a whirlwind trip though, I rather hold hands. Saves time. Very unlikely I'll visit Korea again... that's if I end up doing this. I'm very keen though.

MarcTwoSix

That's the thing though, I'm told it's a rather nice place outside the touristy areas. Maybe a day of hiking. I hear nice things about their mountains.

Hence needing a local guide. A female one would be nice. Not talking hanky panky(though always welcome), just pleasant company.
Just go to Hongdae your 1st night
It's packed with younger people hanging out

There are a lot of young expats in Korea and they all hang out in Hongdae

Bacon

Administrator
Just go to Hongdae your 1st night
It's packed with younger people hanging out

There are a lot of young expats in Korea and they all hang out in Hongdae
I watched a video of the area and the type of crowds that gather there. I'd probably be giving it a wide berth.