Sept 26th Amnesty

MarcTwoSix

I see this a lot and know it has to do with farang in Thailand with (expired?) visas having to leave by then?

Is that what it is?

Are a lot of people going to be effected?

Just curious

Stillearly

I see this a lot and know it has to do with farang in Thailand with (expired?) visas having to leave by then?

Is that what it is?

Just curious
all visas including the one month tourist visa , were given an automatic extension from March , if they don't extend it again , then a very large % will have to leave the country and obviously with current rules won't be allowed back in

RakThai

kaptainrob

Administrator

Is that what it is?

Just curious
Yes there's a large number of ppl stranded here and repatriation flights have been scheduled to European and Asian destinations - one way flights on TG aircraft.

By the same token there are many Expats stranded offshore who would love to return to Thailand but this is not yet permitted nor are flights available.

sidvicious

Germany 250,000 cases, Thailand 3500 cases... The guy is just scared...
Wasnt refering to Covid. He was saying in the article that they get a very bad flu virus in Germany and Europe every year.

I am extremely endangered in Germany. Every year in autumn and winter, Germany and Europe are attacked by a dangerous flu virus that makes millions of people seriously ill and kills tens of thousands, mainly among the elderly. And the course of the disease becomes more severe from year to year. Unfortunately, I am very susceptible and get the flu every year. It was particularly bad three years ago and I almost died from it,” he explained.

RakThai

Wasnt refering to Covid. He was saying in the article that they get a very bad flu virus in Germany and Europe every year.

I am extremely endangered in Germany. Every year in autumn and winter, Germany and Europe are attacked by a dangerous flu virus that makes millions of people seriously ill and kills tens of thousands, mainly among the elderly. And the course of the disease becomes more severe from year to year. Unfortunately, I am very susceptible and get the flu every year. It was particularly bad three years ago and I almost died from it,” he explained.
yeah, I read that. It's the same seasonal flu they have all around the planet, including in Thailand...

His problem is not Covid or the Flu, his problem is fear and the conviction that he will get sick when he has to return to Germany...

I find it fascinating how the fear and convictions of people influence the medical course of disease.
It's a little described and largely not understood phenomenon, but I am convinced people can change the course of disease by their mindset and convictions.

RakThai

Do you think Thailand really has that few cases, or is it misreporting?
I don't think they are misreporting.
Couldn't really, press will find out..
Besides, we have BM's across the country, would have heard something...

Bacon

Administrator
^ True.

They have the place locked down well and Thais are generally very obedient. Makes sense.

Any more news on those vaccines? Some should be out of stage 3 trial by now or close to?

RakThai

^ True.

They have the place locked down well and Thais are generally very obedient. Makes sense.

Any more news on those vaccines? Some should be out of stage 3 trial by now or close to?
There is one approved vaccine already!
Although they did not really finish a stage 3 trial...

Quarky

Administrator
I see South Korea is having problems now... the population is rebelling... and the cases are rising...

MarcTwoSix

Yes there's a large number of ppl stranded here and repatriation flights have been scheduled to European and Asian destinations - one way flights on TG aircraft.

By the same token there are many Expats stranded offshore who would love to return to Thailand but this is not yet permitted nor are flights available.
I read reports on TV of guys doing the quarantine route..........seemed sort of easy for them to do
A lot of steps and paperwork but I didn't see many say they had problems getting approved

kaptainrob

Administrator
I read reports on TV of guys doing the quarantine route..........seemed sort of easy for them to do
A lot of steps and paperwork but I didn't see many say they had problems getting approved
Only certain groups qualify for entry eg. diplomats, work permit visa holders, medical patients etc. Approval is not a problem these special groups although many steps and associated costs come with the whole deal as recently reported.

MarcTwoSix

Only certain groups qualify for entry eg. diplomats, work permit visa holders, medical patients etc. Approval is not a problem these special groups although many steps and associated costs come with the whole deal as recently reported.
I don't think the high end quarantined hotel price wasn't that bad

Around 2500cad for 14 nights in a nice hotel with food, tests, etc

Last edited: