Serviced apartments for monthly rental in Chiang Mai

N

nomadren

Distantpeak;356523 said:
Discount for TD members?
We'd love to offer a special discount for TD members, however, we currently only charge a $19 service fee for our verified listings once a booking is confirmed by the guest and the apartment, and instead of charging commission offering it as a discount on the rental cost.

But I'll be sure to post a promo code for the service fee once we have a system in place

Service apartments in Chiang Mai

RakThai

You post this here, and it is not automatically removed as an obvious commercial.. Which is fair enough, because some BM's could benefit when looking for a place to stay in CM.

I am just wondering how other Thailand related forums have responded.. Surely you have posted the same content to ThaiVisa, TeakDoor, etc.

What kind of response or welcome did you get there, Nomadren?

N

nomadren

This wasen’t meant to be posted in a bad way, but thought it might be helpfull for people looking for an apartment. We haven’t yet explored ThaiVisa, TeakDoor or similar forums, but stumpled across TD and thought it would make sense to post here.

Love to hear some feedback as we’re still a fairly new service

Stillearly

nomadren;356554 said:
This wasen’t meant to be posted in a bad way, but thought it might be helpfull for people looking for an apartment. We haven’t yet explored ThaiVisa, TeakDoor or similar forums, but stumpled across TD and thought it would make sense to post here.

Love to hear some feedback as we’re still a fairly new service
i just compared Citadines Soi 11 to Booking.com , your prices seem very competitive

you have Bangkok and CM , will you be adding Patts, Phuket and Samui in the future ?

Hatari

I don't see the harm in this, people recommend places to stay, this is just another option to consider

...as long as it genuinely exists - been a few stories recently of fake Airbnb rentals

Quarky

Administrator
Hatari;356558 said:
I don't see the harm in this, people recommend places to stay, this is just another option to consider

...as long as it genuinely exists - been a few stories recently of fake Airbnb rentals
I guess the only thing is... if you let one in.... will a 100 other sites want free advertising too?

Nomad

Minder;356765 said:
How many times can your integrity dance on the head of a pin? 555
I thought it was angels dancing, and the wife says one, so who am I to disagree. 555

Quarky

Administrator
^Nomad is that really you.. branching out in Chiang Mai? You should have said... we could make it a sticky... 55

P

phaisan

Distantpeak;356564 said:
I guess the only thing is... if you let one in.... will a 100 other sites want free advertising too?
I think you over estimate the value of a post/s on TD, 555

But playing along with your reasoning, is it not better to let them see the advertising value and thus build advertising value in the forum and then introduce a fee?

Of course the flaw in this is that there maybe no advertising value. So maybe stick to your current thinking and that way we don't need to deal with elephant in the room.

Quarky

Administrator
phaisan;356799 said:
I think you over estimate the value of a post/s on TD, 555

But playing along with your reasoning, is it not better to let them see the advertising value and thus build advertising value in the forum and then introduce a fee?

Of course the flaw in this is that there maybe no advertising value. So maybe stick to your current thinking and that way we don't need to deal with elephant in the room.
There are people already paying to advertise here.... and also many posts like this one advertising stuff that have been deleted. It's up to the owner though how he wants to play this... there may well be scope for income...

Moo Uaon

I see it as helpful.
Before i moved to CM i use to rent a place for a month at time once/year. there weren't too many around but the place i found was ok 2-3 times.
I'm now in the situation that many new places have sprung up and i'm out of touch and maybe in need of something again sometime.