Spur of the moment- Pattaya Nov19-30

J

JDX

KRIS-ONE;257654 said:
When I was there in December last year a few days it wasn't really warm enough to lay about the pool. Went out couple times after midnight and wore a thin fleece top too. Prob was like 18 something like that.
I would love it if it gets cool at night...it would be good relief. Been around 32-33 all week here (that's just over 90 degrees for us 'mericuns)...I think we're breaking records for this time of year...555.

J

JDX

supersub;257731 said:
Just under 2 weeks to go for you buddy. BTW Is your avatar a past conquest? She's hot hot hot.
Yeppers...fly out of Tampa a week from Tuesday. Still can't believe it!...555. Sadly, no my avatar pic is not a past conquest. She is Jarah Mariano, SI swimsuit and Victoria Secret model. Google her...but don't blame me when your keyboard shuts down from being drooled on...555

Nomad

That's dedicated! Why wouldn't you head south or east? You'd have 2 extra days holiday.

J

JDX

You mean...go somewhere else? Now why would I do that?...555. Yeah, it's a long journey. One reason I spent a bit more on airfare to get a little more comfort out of the insufferable flights. As far as the extra days holiday, I'll be taking another 2 weeks off only a couple weeks after my return from this trip.;)

Mr. Smiley

Damn.... won't be able to meet up. I have to attend seminars on the weekends that you are in Patts. I'll have to live vicariously through your trip report. Make sure you get some good videos, lolol

J

JDX

^Bummer...sorry you can't come down for a couple days. I might be back around 2nd quarter next year. Maybe then we can get you over to Patts for once!...555

I just upgraded my phone so as long as I can keep it in my pocket, might get some good ones...also got a go pro a couple weeks ago so looking forward to giving that a good test run too;)

YankeeDK

This is why I don't read these forums so much anymore. I envy you so much! But I also love your TRs so I'll be back :D

Have a great trip!

Mr. Smiley

JDX;257772 said:
^Bummer...sorry you can't come down for a couple days. I might be back around 2nd quarter next year. Maybe then we can get you over to Patts for once!...555

I just upgraded my phone so as long as I can keep it in my pocket, might get some good ones...also got a go pro a couple weeks ago so looking forward to giving that a good test run too;)
For sure, next time will be a blast... TRs need more dirty dancer videos, 55555

Like this...

[video]https://youtu.be/J8gsHfF_IQc[/video]

J

JDX

YankeeDK;257780 said:
This is why I don't read these forums so much anymore. I envy you so much! But I also love your TRs so I'll be back :D

Have a great trip!
Thanks, YDK! Trust me though, I know how you feel...especially when I read about people's month long trips! This one is quite short but I'll try and make the most if it :grinner:

J

JDX

Mr. Smiley;257786 said:
For sure, next time will be a blast... TRs need more dirty dancer videos, 55555

Like this...
555...lovely girl

Bacon

Administrator
I have to commend your dedication. I don't know how you Yanks do it. I doubt I'd fly to Columbia on a regular basis if it was heaven in Earth. Which given my addiction, it probably is. I've been turned off LoS a bit. But your TR should fire me up again for next year. :)

Any plans on visiting Devil's Den? SE is the only source of authority I know on the joint. Truth be told I've always been a little too scared to try it out myself. Interested in hearing more about it.

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;257984 said:
I have to commend your dedication. I don't know how you Yanks do it. I doubt I'd fly to Columbia on a regular basis if it was heaven in Earth. Which given my addiction, it probably is. I've been turned off LoS a bit. But your TR should fire me up again for next year. :)

Any plans on visiting Devil's Den? SE is the only source of authority I know on the joint. Truth be told I've always been a little too scared to try it out myself. Interested in hearing more about it.
The long flights don't bother me at all
The Asian airlines are good, even in economy..........and I look at it as a chance to turn off from the world for 18hours or so

Pre flight at the bar...........noodles during your connection in Tapei or HK, Tokyo and I am in BKK

J

JDX

Bacon;257984 said:

Interestingly, the flights to Thailand right now are as low, or lower than even flights to London from here. I also had some mileage to use with Cathay so I'll be flying business class on 3 of the 4 international legs. Those are a couple reasons why I chose this quick and relatively short trip :) I've never flown J on a long haul flight either so this time it should it somewhat enjoyable. I have premium eco on the 1st long leg JFK to HKT...which will still be better than cattle class..555

What is it that has you turned off from LOS, Bacon? Just curious...

J

JDX

MarcTwoSix;257987 said:
The long flights don't bother me at all
The Asian airlines are good, even in economy..........and I look at it as a chance to turn off from the world for 18hours or so

Pre flight at the bar...........noodles during your connection in Tapei or HK, Tokyo and I am in BKK
It's a bit longer for me than 18 hours, but I don't mind long flights either if the itinerary is good. As I mentioned above, these flights should be a joy when compared to some previous...555

J

JDX

Bacon;257984 said:
...just realized I didn't answer this question...never been to Devil's Den. Is it the same type of place as the Eden Club? If so, maybe I'll check it out and report on it, as necessary :grinner:

MarcTwoSix

JDX;257989 said:
Interestingly, the flights to Thailand right now are as low, or lower than even flights to London from here. I also had some mileage to use with Cathay so I'll be flying business class on 3 of the 4 international legs. Those are a couple reasons why I chose this quick and relatively short trip :) I've never flown J on a long haul flight either so this time it should it somewhat enjoyable. I have premium eco on the 1st long leg JFK to HKT...which will still be better than cattle class..555

What is it that has you turned off from LOS, Bacon? Just curious...
Cathay service is so incredibly good..........I find even flying economy is a joy

And you are right........Ao just flew Cathay back to Thailand and we paid 975cad...........lowest ever

J

JDX

MarcTwoSix;257992 said:
Cathay service is so incredibly good..........I find even flying economy is a joy

And you are right........Ao just flew Cathay back to Thailand and we paid 975cad...........lowest ever
I'm with you on their service...the food's not too bad either. I have to say though that their eco seats need more legroom. The last time I flew with them I felt pretty squished...555. I was up against the window too though, so the maybe the isle seats feel better. I found Korean eco seats to have considerable more legroom but the itinerary was not as good. Still a 6 hour flight after the JFK-ICN segment.

MarcTwoSix

JDX;257994 said:
I'm with you on their service...the food's not too bad either. I have to say though that their eco seats need more legroom. The last time I flew with them I felt pretty squished...555. I was up against the window too though, so the maybe the isle seats feel better. I found Korean eco seats to have considerable more legroom but the itinerary was not as good. Still a 6 hour flight after the JFK-ICN segment.
I flew Korean last time and I thought their food was awesome and the service top notch.
I was with my MIL and stepson(wife wasn't with us) and they were sitting in the row in front of me both times.
I like that the stewardess' have their country's flag on their name badge..........gives you an indication what language they can speak.
Saw a Thai stewardess and she took care of them
But even on the ICN-YVR w/ no TG, they were aware of the limited English they spoke and made sure they understood the food.

I am also not a big fan of having a long flight on the 2nd leg. (NRT/ICN)
I'd rather get the 1st leg in a longer 1st leg and only have 3hrs or under on the 2nd leg to BKK(HKG/TPE)
The longer 2nd legs do take a lot out of me.........it seems

I used to have to do 2 stops when I was JFK-BKK but now just 1 from YVR

In April we are flying EVA and they are one of the few with upper deck economy and it really feels like you are in business class, or at least superior economy

J

JDX

^^If I wasn't upgrading with miles, Id have probably flown with EVA this time around. Their rates are great and from what I've read, they have some of the best eco seats / service out there. As it is, I'll provide my travel review from the other side of the "curtain" along with my TR...555