Spur of the moment- Pattaya Nov19-30

MarcTwoSix

JDX;257999 said:
^^If I wasn't upgrading with miles, Id have probably flown with EVA this time around. Their rates are great and from what I've read, they have some of the best eco seats / service out there. As it is, I'll provide my travel review from the other side of the "curtain" along with my TR...555
My wife got upgraded to biz at the gate this last flight
When she got on the plane they told her to turn left(to biz)
She said she asked if that was her seat to make sure
I told her never ask...........just sit! 555

J

JDX

MarcTwoSix;258000 said:
My wife got upgraded to biz at the gate this last flight
When she got on the plane they told her to turn left(to biz)
She said she asked if that was her seat to make sure
I told her never ask...........just sit! 555
Nice! I thought about chancing getting upgrades throughout, but have some miles about to expire so no need to risk it....although there is still that 1st long leg of premium economy JFK-HKT...maybe I'll get lucky :)

MarcTwoSix

JDX;258009 said:
Nice! I thought about chancing getting upgrades throughout, but have some miles about to expire so no need to risk it....although there is still that 1st long leg of premium economy JFK-HKT...maybe I'll get lucky :)
When I lived in Thailand and was flying back to US every 3 or 4 months I logged a lot of miles and was Gold Member
I heard that wonderful beep at the gate every 3 out of 4 times 555
Maybe being Gold member and last name starting with an A helped!

Bacon

Administrator
JDX;257989 said:
What is it that has you turned off from LOS, Bacon? Just curious...
In May/June I stayed at a hotel on WS. It was debauchery overload. Made me lose my stomach for it for a while. :)

I was due back September but went to Bali instead. Thought about November, but strangely I didn't feel the buzz and motivation to book. I've booked flights for next year, but I'm looking forward to reading some TRs more than my own trip 55. Might be time to start exploring the rest of SEA. Do the whole temple thing for once.

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;258039 said:
In May/June I stayed at a hotel on WS. It was debauchery overload. Made me lose my stomach for it for a while. :)

I was due back September but went to Bali instead. Thought about November, but strangely I didn't feel the buzz and motivation to book. I've booked flights for next year, but I'm looking forward to reading some TRs more than my own trip 55. Might be time to start exploring the rest of SEA. Do the whole temple thing for once.
To be honest.....you really should go to other places.
I get so excited seeing new places and you have such an inquisitive mindset, I would imagine you'd find all types of places interesting

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;258039 said:

I remember the exact moment I was pretty much done with p4p trips go Thailand
I had just went to work in Vancouver for what was supposed to be a 3month consulting job. They asked me to stay another year but I had to go back to Patong to move out of my apartment so I went to Patong for 2 weeks.

My wife and I were broken up then(she was living in Italy) and I went hig wild. Out every night until 5-6am.......taking girls home from Safari or Baya Beach every night and literally not having a clue what their name was.
I got back to Vancouver and realized I honestly didn't enjoy looking back on that two weeks.
It just wasn't exciting to me anymore....... That fad I went through was over.

Now, that is not me saying I wouldn't partake in p4p from time to time if I were single but I knew I'd never base a holiday on it again. I was over it

J

JDX

supersub;259667 said:
Come on then JDX we need some Thailand trip report goodness. :)
Bacon;259766 said:
He's taking notes. No report till he gets back. :)
Bacon knows the drill :)

As much as I've considered doing a live TR, I just don't want to be bothered while I'm over here. Here's a teaser:

Only 3 nights in and I'm already feeling the effects of partying until dawn. Last night I thought I would head out earlier, grab a girl earlier, and be back in the room at a decent hour.

Well the first part went as planned. Headed out around 7:30. Stuck to beers for a while. Then I was offered free shots of tequila for each beer so I couldn't pass that up. After a couple hours of bouncing around from beer bar to beer bar I wasn't finding any ladies I wanted to BF. I considered one waitress that spoke English very well, which is a bonus, but inevitably I ended up in a GoGo on walking street. Alcatraz to be exact. Next thing I know there's 5 hotties all over me and we're doing round after round of tequila shots.

The 2nd part went as planned as well. I BF the one that intrigued me the most just past midnight. Still fairly early.

It was the 3rd part where I failed miserably...in such a good way though :grinner:. Had VIP treatment with bottle service in two different clubs. The Pier and Insomnia. It was just me and about 6 or 7 girls, including my bar fine. Needless to say, didn't hit the pillow for sleep until about 6:00am.

Right now im just relaxing in the room as its raining a little bit and my BF went home to change. She's supposed to be back in a couple hours and I think we're going to the cinema...555

That's all for now. A proper report will be completed when I'm home again and have my full cognitive abilities back...555

Btw...I think Devils Den is closed atm. Was dark the other night.

J

JDX

Bacon;259780 said:
Do you drink much back home?
Not really. I go out 2 or 3 times a month on a Friday or Saturday though. But I never drink at home and hardly ever even join colleagues for after work drinks. A far cry from my younger years. An email exchange with my mom yesterday went something like this:

"Things are fine here. Relaxing during the day and staying out all night. Not sure I can keep this pace for another week though...lol"

Mom: good to hear. Don't forget your age...LOL

"Yeah, it's not as easy staying out all night as it was 10-15 years ago. I'm a trooper though"

Mom: That you are! Stay safe :)

bacwaan

was there myself for a few days last week Jim...that's all I'm good for these days...still shakin'...55

Quarky

Administrator
I find no matter what bar I go to... if I drink enough, eventually someone will turn out to be worth bar fining... it's just a matter of patience and alcohol..

C

Changone

.......It was just me and about 6 or 7 girls, including my bar fine.

I'm holding that thought and I will be back for the TR....555

C

Changone

Distantpeak;259815 said:
I find no matter what bar I go to... if I drink enough, eventually someone will turn out to be worth bar fining... it's just a matter of patience and alcohol..

Bacon

Administrator
Distantpeak;259815 said:
That applies to pubs back home. Especially anything with a TAB attached to it. How you manage to find yourself in that predicament in LoS with so many stunners around I will never know.

We need to change your username to Seinfeld. 55

PeteGill

Bacon;259887 said:
That applies to pubs back home. Especially anything with a TAB attached to it. How you manage to find yourself in that predicament in LoS with so many stunners around I will never know.

DP is like that high jumper who always sets the bar too high for his first attempt 5555

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;259887 said:

Although I agree with your assessment that there is many stunners around........somehow I see plenty of guys with not that good looking girls

Quarky

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;259899 said:
Although I agree with your assessment that there is many stunners around........somehow I see plenty of guys with not that good looking girls
Me too... in the morning...

But that's the fun of it... you can start again... and hope your vision improves.. though I must admit, my best nights have been with ugly girls I thought were beautiful at the time...