Thai bank account.

Ian Forbes

Moo Uaon;331079 said:
So it wasn't army along that heavily guarded road that crosses into and out of Myanmar.?
Could be, I didn't stop to find out. That was my first trip on that road. They already had their hand guns out and were dealing with somebody other than me. I only arrived at a "situation" and didn't have much time to think too much. I just had to react. Fortunately, the gate was not down. I went back through there last year with my son and we had no problems. They just asked where we were going and I said Fang.

Moo Uaon

There's around 4-5 army check points along that road that I'm thinking of. Might not be the same one.
They just slowed me down to check out my bike 55 rifles in hand.

P

phaisan

Ian Forbes;331061 said:
Three days before the "incident" I had bought a thin Kevlar vest from a fellow biker who was selling his stuff and moving back to the States. It was cool in the mountains and that is why I was wearing the vest under my regular bike jacket. It ultimately saved me from a far worse injury. I've still got the bullet the doctor took out of my back, and the jacket and vest with the holes in them. And yes, I WAS very lucky. Had I been hit in the back of the neck I would be dead. It was just an odd combination of events that caused the incident. However, I did make sure that in the future that I had a valid driver's license, a properly registered bike, and up to date license and insurance.

I don't blame the police. To them I could have been just another drug runner up at the border. There was no way of telling that I was a white farang tourist.
What type of bullet was it?

What did the police do after shooting you, did they charge you with anything?

Its never a good idea to run police road blocks in any country, let alone Thailand. Look at what happened to one of your fellow Australians did today in Udon running from the police for a minor incident.

He Killed a 50 year old woman and seriously injured 2 kids.

[video=youtube;_orc5x2dcY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_orc5x2dcY8[/video]

P

phaisan

Here is an English version on the new story from above, although it differs a fair bit from the story in the video.

Also one of the kids was pronounced dead on arrival to the hospital and the other is in a coma and not expected to make it.

Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

UDON THANI: -- A 55 year old Australian man fleeing cops after a minor traffic accident hit and killed a 50 year old woman on a motorcycle in downtown Udon.

Her son and another boy who she had just picked up from school are gravely injured in hospital.
Police found Joel Mackerry (name transliterated from Thai script) sobbing behind the wheel of his Isuzu pick-up.
He had collided head on with a bike driven by 50 year old Pranee Kusuman from Udon. The Honda Wave was found under the damaged front of the vehicle.
Pranee was twenty meters away with multiple fractures including a broken neck. She was dead at the scene.

In a grievous condition nearby knocked into a fence of a parking lot was her 11 year old son Thannarak, a P5 student at a local school.
Sprawled in the road was 15 year old Wacharaphon Naononthong a M3 student at the same school.
Both boys were in school uniform and were given emergency CPR at the scene before being rushed to a downtown hospital.

The accident happened at the turning into San Jao Poo-Yaa around 4.15pm and caused a serious traffic jam.

The Australian man said he had a Thai wife from Udon. He had been to a clinic where he is being treated for a mental illness.
He said he sideswiped a car and collided with a taxi but damage was minimal.
He did not stop but a security guard called police who gave chase.

He was on his way to eat at Central Plaza when he collided with the motorcycle.

The victim's husband Khambai said that his wife had just picked up their son and a relative from school and was on her way to meet him so they could all go home together.
She was just 100 meters away when she was hit by the foreign driver in the pick-up, said the distraught husband and father.

Ian Forbes

Everything we do every day has consequences... big or small. People make split second decisions all the time, and most are a result of past and present history. If you drive in crazy traffic all the time then you tend to understand the ebb and flow. If you drive once a week and only to go to the market for food, then you might not adjust quickly enough in a potential dangerous situation... or cause an accident because you just were not paying enough attention. If you drink and drive then there will often be nasty consequences... same with any distracted driving: cel phones, children or animals jumping around in the car, talking with passengers, trying to find some location and not paying attention to the traffic... etc, etc. I'm a far better driver in Canada today after riding a motorbike in Thailand for the past 18 years. I'm just more aware of what might happen at any second because I see it all the time in Thailand.

However, this discussion has slid a long way off the original topic, and would fit better in the "death toll in Thailand topic" If anyone wants to know more than just PM me.

Rockitt

I am back in Thailand this week so I can check on my new bank account which I opened in May. Since opening I have transferred some money online from my English bank to my Bangkok Bank account in Pattaya. I did this online via the Bangkok bank branch in London. It cost £15 to transfer. The exchange rate was calculated in Thailand.
I don't have internet banking for my Thai account so I can't check how much was actually put in. I can do this with a visit to a Bangkok Bank next week with my pass book or ATM card. My aim this trip is to set up internet banking for this account. I also have to ask why I didn't get a free gift when I opened this account. My lady friend said I should have been offered one in May. 555

P

phaisan

Ian Forbes;331461 said:
Everything we do every day has consequences... big or small. People make split second decisions all the time, and most are a result of past and present history. If you drive in crazy traffic all the time then you tend to understand the ebb and flow. If you drive once a week and only to go to the market for food, then you might not adjust quickly enough in a potential dangerous situation... or cause an accident because you just were not paying enough attention. If you drink and drive then there will often be nasty consequences... same with any distracted driving: cel phones, children or animals jumping around in the car, talking with passengers, trying to find some location and not paying attention to the traffic... etc, etc. I'm a far better driver in Canada today after riding a motorbike in Thailand for the past 18 years. I'm just more aware of what might happen at any second because I see it all the time in Thailand.

However, this discussion has slid a long way off the original topic, and would fit better in the "death toll in Thailand topic" If anyone wants to know more than just PM me.
Or Maybe the moderators should move the posts that relate to the correct topic?

K-Cyber is ok but you will have to phone Bangkok if you want to make a transaction on line if not in LoS. The one time PIN. Not a big deal as the customer service folks do a fair job.

Moo Uaon

1080;332071 said:
K-Cyber is ok but you will have to phone Bangkok if you want to make a transaction on line if not in LoS. The one time PIN. Not a big deal as the customer service folks do a fair job.
I get the K Bank OTP (one time pin) via SMS here on my Thai number within seconds of requesting one for a transfer.
maybe you don't have international roaming activated on your thai number?

Chob

Yep.
"This site cannot be reached "

The connection was reset.
Try

*Checking the proxy and the firewall .

Rockitt

Rockitt;332030 said:
I am back in Thailand this week so I can check on my new bank account which I opened in May. Since opening I have transferred some money online from my English bank to my Bangkok Bank account in Pattaya. I did this online via the Bangkok bank branch in London. It cost £15 to transfer. The exchange rate was calculated in Thailand.
I don't have internet banking for my Thai account so I can't check how much was actually put in. I can do this with a visit to a Bangkok Bank next week with my pass book or ATM card. My aim this trip is to set up internet banking for this account. I also have to ask why I didn't get a free gift when I opened this account. My lady friend said I should have been offered one in May. 555
In Pattaya last week I checked my account and the transfer went through ok. The rate was 42.3 which was better than the London office rate and the total charge was £15. Not much to pay for the convenience of transferring money abroad I suppose.
I didn't set up internet banking because they needed a Thai address to send the details to. That includes a pin which enables you to set things up. It takes 14 days to receive that info and by then I would have been back in the UK. I am not sure that i need to do internet banking anyway because it is only a simple saving account. And as for the free gift, they were only for current account set ups.