Thai Dreamers in Thailand

supersub

I think he means are you having any immigration issues with entering and exiting Thailand multiple times. e.g if you are from a country which has a VISA exemption rule, it might draw attention visiting Thailand so many times in 1 year.

supersub;402849 said:
I think he means are you having any immigration issues with entering and exiting Thailand multiple times. e.g if you are from a country which has a VISA exemption rule, it might draw attention visiting Thailand so many times in 1 year.

That is what I was thinking.

Bawdy

^ I thought you might be hinting at that as well, but never had any problems, even at 6 times a year, I don't think it is an issue with Visa exemption and multiple short stays, I emphasise short stays.

justcruzing1

I have never been stopped entering LOS but have been when leaving Aust.

1st time I didn't tick a box on the back of a form saying I had less than $10k (I was 1/2 shot and didn't see it) so got pulled aside and checked over.

2nd time was only a few months after I had come back, I got pulled over and questioned. It seemed they found it odd that I had never gone there then twice in close time out of the blue. Also that I had only booked the ticket 2 nights earlier.
I explained i was going to pick up my girlfriend and showed them photo's and the visa application and approval.

They were fine after that.

I have said before, I could take a nuclear bomb into LOS I have never once had a bag looked at. 555555

supersub

justcruzing1;402982 said:
I have said before, I could take a nuclear bomb into LOS I have never once had a bag looked at. 555555

The lack of bag checking does worry me sometimes. In the UK or Europe when I'm going through security you you need to have the plastic bag (for liquids 100ml and under) visible. In Thailand they don't seem to care. Only interested in iPads or power banks.

Quarky

Administrator
Is this leaving or entering? Last few trips they checked my bag twice. Once at main immigration and again at the gate.

MarcTwoSix

supersub;403092 said:
The lack of bag checking does worry me sometimes. In the UK or Europe when I'm going through security you you need to have the plastic bag (for liquids 100ml and under) visible. In Thailand they don't seem to care. Only interested in iPads or power banks.
I don't know what you mean
Bags are actually checked more in Thailand than in airports in US

In the US you check your bag and it obviously goes through a scanner once checked
In Thailand, most times, your checked bag is scanned before you get to the counter(and I'd imagine still after checked in) and then scanned again when leaving BKK

Hell, I got called and driven to the cargo area in Samui by a very stern girl because Ao left her battery in her checked bag

Also the liquid and shoes is a joke.
Doesn't do anything

MarcTwoSix

supersub;403125 said:
Yeah I meant hand luggage. Not checked.
Like I said.....I think the liquids doesn't do anything

Also, I don't think the removing of shoes in US does anything also
I don't know if you have that in UK/Europe
I may have said this before but my BIL was asshat who came up with that safety precaution!
He was the arresting officer and the man in charge of the shoe bomber

Quarky

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;403127 said:

I may have said this before but my BIL was asshat who came up with that safety precaution!
I have metal arch supports in my shoes. Never got picked up once... in 20 years... could easily be a knife...

Bacon

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;403127 said:

I'm glad we don't have that. I would be giving him shit every time I see him. These things should be decided on by sensible committees instead of one asshat.

Chob

Arriving at Phuket airport tomorrow I will have to hurriedly swap out my 5 bottles of wine from my checked luggage and into my hand luggage quick at the bag carousal , so as to avoid duties. The checked luggage is scanned by xray before entering Thailand ...but the cabin bag , when offered , is waived away , as they say it was checked twice already when boarding the plane.

Voila ... I just smuggled ...
Lots of systems make no sense .

Bacon

Administrator
Chob;403136 said:
Arriving at Phuket airport tomorrow I will have to hurriedly swap out my 5 bottles of wine from my checked luggage and into my hand luggage quick at the bag carousal , so as to avoid duties. The checked luggage is scanned by xray before entering Thailand ...but the cabin bag , when offered , is waived away , as they say it was checked twice already when boarding the plane.

I don't recall ever having had to put my bag through a scanner on the way out of there. Still, I wouldn't risk 5 bottles!

Enjoy the wine Khun Capone 55

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;403131 said:
I'm glad we don't have that. I would be giving him shit every time I see him. These things should be decided on by sensible committees instead of one asshat.
Well he didn't just decide on it and implement it as a single directive
It was his idea but it did go through committees

MarcTwoSix

Chob;403136 said:

An Aussie in front of me brought two cases of wine from Australia to Vancouver
They didn't realize the extremely heavy duties we have for liquor
He had quite some bill, in the hundreds I can recall

chelski

Chob;403136 said:

How did you not get picked up on the camera's in the bagging area swapping bottles from bottles from you main case to you cabin luggage.
Can you go into the public toilets and swap them over before you go through the no declare area.
I would be a bit careful doing it in the baggage area

MarcTwoSix

Thailand has long gone from being a sort of holiday for me

It really is just going to see family now
That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, I do every time, but I just don't get excited anymore
That's why I always try and add at least a few days in a different Asian country

But there are times after going for 2 years straight I just don't have a desire to go

I've hit that wall
I think I will go in July when Nut moves to University
Then Ao will move back to Vancouver and doubt I will be in Thailand for a couple years probably

Just way too many places I want to see
Mexico is so appealing to me at the moment with a big reason being the flight
I can take just 5 days off work and still have a decent holiday

PGC

What I don't get is when you arrive in Phuket. They check (Scan) your bags on the way out of the airport.