Thai House Isaan

Rivo

Have any board members stayed at the Thai House Isaan before ?

I will be up that way next month and am thinking of staying there a few nights, not sure if I can give dates yet as we have no plans, will be in Korat for a few days at least, then we are heading up to Khon Kaen, will ring from Korat and check for vacancies.

P

PatongBeachBoy

I hear it's a good place for a wedding reception! :evil:

kaptainrob

Administrator
Haven't been to Mukdahan but stayed at 2 places in Khon Kaen, if you want recommendations:-

Rachawadee Resort and Hotel is 10 mins out of KK city, past the Uni, near Airport - stunning resort with super specials and a great (romantic) on site restaurant surrounded by magnificent grounds. Rachawadee Resort & Hotel

In KK city centre we stayed at Bussarakam Hotel, a very nice hotel!

Rivo

^^^ Thanks for the tips on KK Rob, will check it out ^^^

Any recommendations on where to stay in Roi Et ?

Rivo

PatongBeachBoy;32261 said:
I hear it's a good place for a wedding reception! :evil:
We are traveling with my mate and his TG as well PBB, he has made no mention of getting married, thanks for the heads up 555

wabbits

I know David very well he is a great guy and will be a stop for us when we can get up that way.
I think you would be treated like family when you stay there.

He told me lonely planet came did a review and loved it.

David has got a very good knowlege of the area so would be able to point you in the direction of things worth seeing off the beaten track, and has bike for hire.

Quarky

Administrator
I always stayed in local village accommodation... (TG's house) but everywhere I went you'd see farang-style motel-type accommodation off the main roads. So plenty of choice about I'd imagine...

Rivo

wabbits;32333 said:
Dave from thai Issan house is a member PM him for info.

Had a look on his website Wabbits, plenty of good info, ill try to check it out next month, get a few fresh photo's fot TD as well. 555

S

Spot

Rivo;32264 said:
^^^ Thanks for the tips on KK Rob, will check it out ^^^

Any recommendations on where to stay in Roi Et ?
Passing through Ban Chiang from Udon Rivo? Thats two adjoined flats at the Ban Chiang Homestay 500 bht per night and aircon and hotwater showers and fridge for your beers you can buy 150 metres around the corner.

D

david j crow

Hi Rivo, David here from Thai House. Thank you for your interest in Thai House. Would love your visit next time your near Mukdahan. We have an Aussie BBQ every month thats always a good day, and if you need to sleep over we have some accommodation. The Guesthouse is located in a Phu Thai village and there is always something going on.
Regards
David Noi and Pumpkin

N

Norlund

david j crow;40462 said:
Hi Rivo, David here from Thai House. Thank you for your interest in Thai House. Would love your visit next time your near Mukdahan. We have an Aussie BBQ every month thats always a good day, and if you need to sleep over we have some accommodation. The Guesthouse is located in a Phu Thai village and there is always something going on.
Regards
David Noi and Pumpkin

Thai House is a kind of mystery to me. Because I've tried twice to visit the place, and both times it has been closed. But the strange part is that when I check on the net it says diffrently.

The first time I tried to find the place was about one year ago. I went up and down the road between Mukdahan and Kanchanarai for "hours". But finely I found a thaiman who gave me the name of the village. When I came to the village I found the resort, but i was closed. I think I remember that the pool was without water. The second time I went there was about 6 month later. But it was closed that time too. Only å couple of dogs were inside the gate.

So my question is. Does this resort really "exist"?

wabbits

Norlund;57992 said:
Thai House is a kind of mystery to me. Because I've tried twice to visit the place, and both times it has been closed. But the strange part is that when I check on the net it says diffrently.

The first time I tried to find the place was about one year ago. I went up and down the road between Mukdahan and Kanchanarai for "hours". But finely I found a thaiman who gave me the name of the village. When I came to the village I found the resort, but i was closed. I think I remember that the pool was without water. The second time I went there was about 6 month later. But it was closed that time too. Only å couple of dogs were inside the gate.

So my question is. Does this resort really "exist"?
You need to e-mail Dave direct as he had to go back to Australia for awhile but i believe he is there now.

N

Norlund

wabbits;57993 said:
You need to e-mail Dave direct as he had to go back to Australia for awhile but i believe he is there now.

I will try a third time next month and see if someone is at home. But it's strange that the place was closed and no sign on the gate. And when you have a hotel with a sign that says "24 hours" it shouldn't be closed. And when I looked inside the grass wasn't cut, and things inside looked like nobody cared.

N

Norlund

Thanks. The hotel looks fantastic. I can garantee you that I'm gonna check it out. Have you stayed there?

kaptainrob

Administrator
Small World ...I recently spoke with Don on a car-related matter and he mentioned that he knew Thai House, Dave, but never said a word about his own property! Menu looks stunning ... mmmh ... 2 hours from Jo's baan :??: