Thai houses - your photos

MarcTwoSix

Chob;416761 said:
Man , I take my hat off to any falang who can build exactly what he wants here.
First he'd need a very switched on and vocal wife.
The place is rife with misunderstandings.

A week back I show a glazier I where want a large sliding glass door - and take him to the bathroom to show him the frosted glass I want on the doors...

10 minutes later he smashes the bathroom window !
Bee asks him why , and he says , "Oh your man said he wants me to replace the bath window with this " - and holds up a near identical sheet of 'replacement' glass...
We are just incredulous ...
Like I said I don't know if it would be possible

I am not looking to build a palace but I'd rather spend an extra 1mil baht to have a better quality build than the least I can spend and then not enjoy it

But who knows

Chob

1080;416791 said:
Yep, smart as a chimp some of these jokers.
Did you laugh or cry?
Mate ... I just walked away ...
He hadnt started the real job ( the big 2.86 m w x 2.2m h ) job yet , and after 2 weeks of talking ( about the job ) and the 22 Line calls to get directions to where we live , I just wasnt willing to jepordise the job ! 555

After the big job was done , and very satisfactory , and 5k cheaper than the local mob quoted , I sent the Thai Lady out to him to ask about the bathroom window , and why it was no longer a split ( ie ventilated ) window ( its a bathroom after all ) ....
So he grinned , smashed out the new (fixed, single pane ) frosted glass window , and put in what looks exactly the same again.

Same price , an hours extra work .... and even the Thai lady is saying , "Och , Im not unnerstan my peopen !"
( She was actually there at 'quote' time and says at no time it was stated to 'fix' the bathroom window )

Chob

I can only imagine what building a whole fcukin house entails !

Certainly the patience of a saint - which Im sure Paulie has oodles of ...555

Chob

MarcTwoSix;416812 said:

I am not looking to build a palace but I'd rather spend an extra 1mil baht to have a better quality build than the least I can spend and then not enjoy it

But who knows
Paulie .... you or the missus will need to be there oversseing it every day.

Our land lord , who has a nephew who built all the houses in our Soi , and they are good builds , just turned up to inspect the footings for another new build .

Im still trying to figure out why , but they have now been there a week , first widening the footings holes and mini-jack hammering the concrete off the rebar caging.
And now its rained and the holes are full of water ...
Its a shambles.

Quarky

Administrator
Chob;416826 said:
I can only imagine what building a whole fcukin house entails !

Certainly the patience of a saint - which Im sure Paulie has oodles of ...555
Especially when he smiles as he bulldozers the house... after he has just built it...

Quarky

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;416812 said:

But who knows
There will be blood....

Tingtong

Id like to See Kevin Mcleod do a 'grand designs thailand' . That would be interesting with the goings on with building in Los , I think he would even be lost for words ...and he seldom is .

wabbits

Chob;416827 said:
Paulie .... you or the missus will need to be there oversseing it every day.

Our land lord , who has a nephew who built all the houses in our Soi , and they are good builds , just turned up to inspect the footings for another new build .

Im still trying to figure out why , but they have now been there a week , first widening the footings holes and mini-jack hammering the concrete off the rebar caging.
And now its rained and the holes are full of water ...
Its a shambles.
Our place up country worked out quite well a few things not done as i had asked to have them done and now its been up for a few years showing no sign of cracking etc.
One gripe the crap paint that flakes off if bumped on the interior walls...but not to hard to sort.

wabbits

Tingtong;416848 said:
Id like to See Kevin Mcleod do a 'grand designs thailand' . That would be interesting with the goings on with building in Los , I think he would even be lost for words ...and he seldom is .
I can hear him now in his dulcet tone...A interesting use of recycled wood to make a Piccaso esque skewed door"...55555

Rivo

Out in rural Thailand im seeing alot more new builds using the flat roof design, at a guess they would be a lot hotter than a high pitched roof..................Im actually thinking of building another shed to park my bikes using the flat roof design, cant decide on a tin roof or the asbestos-cement roofing ?.........................I think the tin roof will be hotter................

Rivo

We saw this beautiful big home in the middle of Loei last-week.....................IMO it needs a nice big tree in the middle of the paved area, which we noticed the paving was perfect and very clean, not sure what they clean the paving with or whether it has a good sealer on it, the house did look a bit like a hotel 555..................

MarcTwoSix

Rivo;418013 said:
We saw this beautiful big home in the middle of Loei last-week.....................IMO it needs a nice big tree in the middle of the paved area, which we noticed the paving was perfect and very clean, not sure what they clean the paving with or whether it has a good sealer on it, the house did look a bit like a hotel 555..................

That's some serious money

Funny you mention the driveway

As mentioned, we been talking about building a house
Won't be for a couple years
But funny enough I was thinking about what you do for a driveway

I remember her Aunt's big house was just a dirt driveway and I thought that was odd for a nice house
But then what would suit in the middle of a rice field??

Ian Forbes

I used to see all of Gavin's photos, but not now. I don't see any now. I was blaming it on ANOTHER fucking Microsoft update yesterday.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Rivo;418013 said:

I can't see your pics Gav. A tin roof can be much cooler depending on type and colour. Our carport and cabana is white colorbond with a sprayed insulation underneath. They can also do a bonded insulation similar to cool room cladding. The thin rolled Thai stuff with foam backing is inferior and the foam deteriorates if exposed.