Thai houses - your photos

obes

Well-known member
Something weird's going on with the pics, I couldn't see them initially, but then I could and they're still visible to me, but you blokes can't see them - go figure.........
 

Ian Forbes

New member
obes;418044 said:
Something weird's going on with the pics, I couldn't see them initially, but then I could and they're still visible to me, but you blokes can't see them - go figure.........
I'll go check my tablet. Sometimes what I can see on the tablet I can't see on my computer.
 

anmeno

Well-known member
Ian Forbes;418037 said:
I used to see all of Gavin's photos, but not now. I don't see any now. I was blaming it on ANOTHER fucking Microsoft update yesterday.
I can't see them on my Mac or on my Android phone or in the Tapatalk app so I don't think you can blame Microsoft.....
 

Quarky

Administrator
obes;418044 said:
Something weird's going on with the pics, I couldn't see them initially, but then I could and they're still visible to me, but you blokes can't see them - go figure.........
Are you standing next to Gav?
 

retdent

New member
I don't think that the bikes will mind which roof they are under. Maybe go the whole hog and give them air-con. 55.
 

justcruzing1

Active member
can't see any photo's by Rivo, new or old. Ones I have seen before are gone so I am guessing it's something to do with settings where the photo's are stored????
 

Rivo

New member
Ive been watching this house get built for the last 6 x months, I didnt like the colour combo at 1st but after riding past a few times its grown on me.....................another one on my pet hates is where they go to the expense of building a beautiful balcony and then sit an outdoor air cond unit on the balcony, all that hot air 555...........................why they just dont mount them on an external wall out the way ?


The other thing I notice with this place is the small terrace next to the front door has like slats on the roof, surely that would be better with a covered roof ?..........................I also like the balcony rails, not sure if plastic or timber painted white ?...................


 

Chob

Moderator
Rivo;418756 said:
Ive been watching this house get built for the last 6 x months, I didnt like the colour combo at 1st but after riding past a few times its grown on me.....................another one on my pet hates is where they go to the expense of building a beautiful balcony and then sit an outdoor air cond unit on the balcony, all that hot air 555...........................why they just dont mount them on an external wall out the way ?


The other thing I notice with this place is the small terrace next to the front door has like slats on the roof, surely that would be better with a covered roof ?..........................I also like the balcony rails, not sure if plastic or timber painted white ?...................


I was raised in new suburban Sydney in the 60's and this is an early 60s colour combo...

I have a friend planning a house here and has allocated the back of his downstairs garage for a drying room and will use the hot air vented from an a/c to blow at the clothes line.

I guess they will plant trees on the sun affected sides - but for now it just looks like it will bake..
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Tez;418782 said:
I kinda wonder sometimes the cost of a place like that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
There is so many new builds in my wife's village(many I mean under 10) that are really good looking but absolutely bare bones on the inside

They go for 2mil baht or so
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
MarcTwoSix;418794 said:
They go for 2mil baht or so
Thats under 100k AUD, no wonder people want to move to Thailand.

Just the build cost in AUD would be 400k plus and that not including the land.
 

Chob

Moderator
OZZYGUY;418843 said:
Thats under 100k AUD, no wonder people want to move to Thailand.

Just the build cost in AUD would be 400k plus and that not including the land.
It would be more like 5 mil in Phuket because of land values and higher labour costs.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
OZZYGUY;418843 said:
Thats under 100k AUD, no wonder people want to move to Thailand.

Just the build cost in AUD would be 400k plus and that not including the land.
My deal is whatever my wife comes up with I give 2x
So if she saves 1mil baht I give 2mil baht

My wife would be happy with the 2mil baht house but if I am going to spend any significant time in it, I want a decent build

She has wanted to buy 19rai that was close to 3mil baht

I'd be happy with 10rai at 1.5mil baht and another 3.5mil for the house

So I'd imagine I'd be kicking in 3.5mil while my contributes 1.5mil

But I wouldn't even know what the extra gets me!
 

Rivo

New member
^ Pointless buying too many Rai as return on investment is minimal ........................a friend bought 12 x Rai in Chiang Rai @ 1.4m baht and is getting paid in bags of rice @ 20 000 per year, we worked it out it would take 70 x years to pay back ;teary;.......................not worth the outlay IMO........................different story if its your place of residence.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Rivo;419043 said:
^ Pointless buying too many Rai as return on investment is minimal ........................a friend bought 12 x Rai in Chiang Rai @ 1.4m baht and is getting paid in bags of rice @ 20 000 per year, we worked it out it would take 70 x years to pay back ;teary;.......................not worth the outlay IMO........................different story if its your place of residence.
I have told her I have no desire to own 19 rai
I don't want to rent it out and deal with the hassle that probably comes from that

The only issue is my wife's village is a major rice farming village
So most times, people will only sell in large lots

I do want enough land that I am not right next to someone and inherit all their drama
 

Rivo

New member
^ Your a smart man Paul, sometimes emotions get in the way when purchasing land or properties, if a bargain comes along then jump on it, you just have to do your sums 1st, and that goes for buying property in any country ;tiphat;
 

Rivo

New member
The Blue House................................I saw it in Nan a few days ago, lots of different flat roof areas in this build...........................


 
Top